Torch has been passed!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoahJustin. Show NoahJustin's posts

Torch has been passed!

I read the latest article by Dan Shaughnessy and wanted to hear people's reaction to it. Remember when BB picked up Moss and Shaughnessy wrote an article ripping the trade as a terrible decision. Shaughnessy has always hated the Patroits and now has an excuse to jump off the bandwageon. Personely wise, I don't think you can stay at the top of your game every season. It took the Colts a few season to reload and rebuild a championship team again.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

Re: Torch has been passed!

DS is a KNOB! A Know-nothing, Nincompoop On Bdc! Why do you ever read his drech?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tnutts. Show Tnutts's posts

I dont read his articles. I can not stand the guy

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Off with his head!!!Yell

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

DS needs to put that torch to his mouth

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rxmsg. Show rxmsg's posts

DS is a douc@bag....

Ummm maybe Manning has had better offensive weapons throughout his career?
    Brady has always done more with less.

The Colts have done a better job with the draft....Bill Polian is a master.
    Manning has benefited from Bill Polians expertise.  I hate Polian but will give him his due.

Mannning is good...Brady is good.
    Given equal supporting cast... I will take Brady any day !!

How do guys like DS even get sports related jobs.  What a bang wad

How does Boston get so many sports writers that hate the home teams?
    What's up with that?

You can't fix stupid I guess !!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

I choose not to read what he writes.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

I just got to this site and the only two stories I could see were "The Torch Has Been Passed: Manning better than Brady," "Dungy: I Would Punt to Tom Brady," and "Seeking Peyton's Place in History."

This site is starting to make me sick. Why can't we get some decent offseason analysis? Why can't we get stories on the Patriots players? Can someone interview Welker, or at least send him a text and write about his response? Anything! Come on, this is ridiculous. We are Patriots fans, not Colts fans; but you wouldn't know that unless you came to the forums.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from smorgan86. Show smorgan86's posts

I love Brady and think he's top 5 all time but I hate to say it, I think Manning is better as well. I never wanted to admit it but sometimes this guy is just other-worldly.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRULES23. Show BBRULES23's posts

I hate to give Dan S. credit but the fact are the facts.  We Patriots fans cannot be biased towards Brady just because he plays for N.E.

The fact is Manning has one ring and so far and two superbowl appreances.

Brady only has three rings and four superbowl showings.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheCommittee. Show TheCommittee's posts

Remember that one time where Brady had a supporting cast on par with what Manning's had his entire career? I think it ended with 4,800 passing yards, 50 touchdowns, and a perfect regular season. By the way, that 50 touchdowns broke the record previously held by the Messiah, Peyton Manning.

The only reason Manning is getting so much love is because he's the en vouge pick this year. The media blows up who ever accumulates the best offensive numbers while winning, and, this year, nobody has been better at that than Peyton Manning.

I'm not saying that Peyton is undeserving of all this recognition - all I'm saying is that he's the media favorite now because he's having a dominant season. It happened with Brady in 2007, Larry Fitzgerald (playoffs especially) in 2008, and now it's Manning in 2009.

Notice how we heard so little of Manning in 2007 and in 2008? Wasn't Tom Brady the greatest quarterback of all time in 2007? Or, what happened to Matt Ryan? I thought he was supposed to be the next Tom Brady. Wasn't Jay Cutler supposed to be the savior of the Bears after he dominated in Denver?

It's the same trend. When you're dominant, the world knows about you. When there's someone that's outplaying you, noboday cares about you. All the media does is blow up the most offensively entertaining player to near-god status so that people will want to watch that player, and thus boost ratings/profits. Trust me - Manning is the king of the world right now, but I garuntee next year that someone else will take his place as the media favorite.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tnutts. Show Tnutts's posts

He is right about one thing though. And most of NE fans use the Brady has 3 Manning has one debate. Using superbowl rings to measure a QB is plain ridiculous. By those methods Trent Dlifer, Doug Williams and Brad Johnson are better than Dan Marino.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from AdrenalineJunkie. Show AdrenalineJunkie's posts

He is a sports writer in Boston b/c people keep reading his articles and then commenting on them... which means page views, which means ad revenue!

I chose a long time ago to no longer read his articles. I do not click on them. If everyone else who dislikes his writing did the same, he would no longer be writing. It really is that simple.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bdcsecurity. Show bdcsecurity's posts

We limit the rapid posting of multiple forum posts for quality reasons. You have submitted a forum post within the last several seconds. Please try again later.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bdcsecurity. Show bdcsecurity's posts

Bold (Ctrl+B)Italic (Ctrl+I)Underline (Ctrl+U)Unordered listAlign leftAlign center-- Font size --1 (8 pt)2 (10 pt)3 (12 pt)4 (14 pt)5 (18 pt)6 (24 pt)7 (36 pt)Insert pictureEmotionsInsert/edit linkUnlinkToggle fullscreen modePreview
     Mark this post as a QUESTION

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macrawn. Show Macrawn's posts

I really fail to understand why the Boston writers hate the Patriots. They are always the first there to say everything is falling apart and the end of an era and so forth. So what? We don't need these guys harping on all that negativity all the time. They even blame BB for AT's behavior. They are nothing but a bunch of hounds who smell the scent of a little blood. Why do our own writers have to take shots at us too?

I miss Reiss. He didn't try to manufacture stories trying to raise people's blood pressure. Those old timers still think that the only way to get an audience is to shock or anger a bunch of fans. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pookie12. Show Pookie12's posts

I MET YOUR FATHER AT THE PARK PLAZA...GOT TO TALK WITH HIM FOR A WHILE..........ANYWAY YOU COULD'NT TIE HIS SHOES!!!!!!!!

MAKE A STATEMENT LIKE THAT AND BE A BOSTON WRITER !... BRADY DOES NOT HAVE TO PROVE HIMSELF AT ALL.....MANNING AND HIS HALF WITTED BROTHER ARE BIG BLOWHARDS......AND YOU MUST HAVE TAUGHT THEM...YOU ARE THE BIGGEST OF ALL.....GOD......I AM GOING TO STILL GET THE PAPER...BUT NOT BECAUSE OF YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronf. Show ronf's posts

Manning has consistently been surrounded by fine WRS and a stud TE. I truly feel Brady was short changed in 2006 and again in 2009. Look what Brady accomplished in 2007 when he had a deep WR corp. I also felt Brady was excellent throwing to Branch and Givens. He had chemistry with those two players! The Pats let those two WRs walk. That was a mistake. Brady has had to retool and build chemistry several times over. Manning can count on Polian locking up the key players on offense and keeping the chemistry going. 
    Image if Dallas Clark was running TE routes for the Patriots? The last time the Pats had a stud TE,  Bledzoe was throwing to Ben Coates. Why can't the Pats find a highly skilled pass catching TE? 
    This all comes back to Beklichick and his arrogance. He thinks he can throw a bunch of medium quality players out there, coach them up and win the whole thing. Yes, he pulled it off in 2001 but not this past season. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

the reason manning looks really good right now, is that he's the only one carving up defenses this year (maybe brees). tb had good seasons when he looked as sharp at finding the open man, spreading the ball, not forcing passes to double teams. he was not that qb this year.

this year, manning is a much better qb than anybody else. i don't have the stats now, but he scored td's this year in the last minute of a half more than anyone else, by far. they can drive down the entire field and score a td in less than a minute. and if manning keeps that up then at some point he will pass tb soon, that is if he hasn't.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

Ive always thought 12/18 were 1a/1b, and day to day, month to month, year to year it changes. It just speaks to how good they are. To an extent I think winning is overrated...to an extent! None of us will ever know just how hard it is to A game, nevermind the SB, STLY CUP, etc. So many things need to materialize in a certain period of time, for a certain amount of time. Organization/front office, coaching, players etc all have to flourish with a distinctive goal and be interchangeable on the same page. 2007 will never happen again, it was a moment in time, an exceptional gathering of dynamic parts that made magic when assembled. Needless to say, for all that to arrive at once is an arduous task and one shouldnt be designated inferior for not doing so. Trust me Im not adherent of his work at all, his disdain for the PATS is extremely obvious. He reminds me of some loser who has a small pr ick, so he goes out and buys a hummer. I have to agree with him on one point and I use this agruement often when debating sports. Is Dilfer better than Marino, is Keyshawn better than Tim Brown, of coarse not(in both cases). I judge how good a player is myriad of ways, but here are the essential factors, in no particular order. First off, I think everyone will agree that stats matter, how much is always dabatable. I put real stock in stats, numbers dont lie. Second, how much that person impacted the game. I'll can use Moss as an example, Dungy admitted he brought back the Tampa2 in large part because of 81, that really says something. Another thing is how D's play him, using both a S and a CB to defend him. By doing so that opens up the field for others...maybe a certain slot receiver?, tight end or running back. Ive been watching football passionately since 90' and have rarely seen a player game planned for the way teams do for Moss. Almost a double on every play, that says something about what others think of him. Thrid, I use the good old fashioned eye test and my own judgement as to how good someone is. Just sit down and watch them with your own eyes. And I for one always thought 18 was in 12's league, yes he's had a plethora of weapons on O. But what Manning had on O, Brady had on D and coaching. Indy's D was putrid for years and though Dungy's a very good coach he's not in BB's league, not even close IMHO. Im sorry but saying 12 was the reason we won those SB's is just stupid. Our defense was absolutely huge, they came up big time and time again. And are coaching was on point, preparation, and adjustments were spectacular and the grasp they had on this team was striking. I certainly dont want to take anything away from Brady, but lets just be honest. Our D and coaching led the way and without A.V. , who knows what would have happened. Im sorry, but I think we would have still won those rings with C.P. at QB or Kurt Warner, not to metion, 18. And using the arguement that 18 always had the superior weapons is wearing thin. When Garcon and Collie's name were called I heard of them, inparticular Garcon, I thought he would be a very servicable receiver. But having the impact he's had, Id be lying if I said he could fill in for Harrison, but thats exactly what he's doing. A win Sunday and staying with Manning for the next 8 years will put him right there with 88. The Colts are a very good team, but far from complete, there a team with some holes. They have no running game, a D that can keep an opposing team in the game, a new head coach, and two virtually unknown receivers that have become huge staples in that O. Manning is heading that team and filling a number of those holes with his leadership, accuracy, precise attention to detail and...he's really fu!kin good! Just watching him play the game, just in terms of playing the QB position, your fooling yourself if you think Brady is a cut above. Ill say it again, their 1a/1b in my book, with the a/b spot changing month to month, and year to year because their both that great!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

seattle, u do realize that this was TBs second best statistical season right?

Career Stats more
    SeasonTeam PassingRushingFumbles
    GGSCompAttPctYdsAvgTDIntSckSckYRateAttYdsAvgTDFUMLost
    2009 New England Patriots 16 16 37156565.74,3987.82813168696.229441.5142
    2008 New England Patriots 1 1 71163.6766.9000083.9------------
    2007 New England Patriots 16 16 39857868.94,8068.350821128117.237982.6264
    2006 New England Patriots 16 16 31951661.83,5296.824122617587.9491022.10124
    2005 New England Patriots 16 16 33453063.04,1107.826142618892.327893.3143
    2004 New England Patriots 16 16 28847460.83,6927.828142616292.643280.7075
    2003 New England Patriots 16 16 31752760.23,6206.923123221985.942631.51135
    2002 New England Patriots 16 16 37360162.13,7646.328143119085.7421102.61115
    2001 New England Patriots 15 14 26441363.92,8436.918124121686.536431.20123
    2000 New England Patriots 1 0 1333.362.0000042.4------------

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from southnpatsfan. Show southnpatsfan's posts

Torch has been passed!

The torch has been passed, now that Matt C. is gone, Peon Manning gets to carry Tom's jock!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoahJustin. Show NoahJustin's posts

Yes, now that New Orleans has won, we all know now that Shaughnessy was actually a Dree Brees fan all along. He's going to write a new article about how Dree Brees is better than Brady or Manning, as the torch has been passed.