T.Owens on Dr. Phil (very sad) Should NFL teams offer life coaches to players for help?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stommpper. Show Stommpper's posts

T.Owens on Dr. Phil (very sad) Should NFL teams offer life coaches to players for help?

If anyone witnessed T. Ownes on Dr. Phil it was pretty sad.

Yes I watched but only to see what this man in his off the firld life had created.

I won't bash Owens, that is pointless, but as we see the NFL wanting to protect their players and the product that they endorse and put out there it brings to question some very serious issues.

We all have seen the reckless directions that some of the players have taken, the thugs, the low lifes, the possibly insane. But with all the physical health issues at hand, should some of the mental health issues be addressed as well.

Im not talking that the coaches be responsible, but if Im an owner of a billion dollar franchise and see the mental health of some of my players in jeapordy, I would want to reach out. First to help them avoid going down the wrong path, and second to protect my francise.

Im not talking about baby sitting these players, but a mental health Doctor on the team to help with any grief counseling, family problem matters and any other mental health issues might help even just a few avoid or correct wrong decesion made by inexperienced youth.

Maybe Im wrong but I think it would be worth a shot to help them avoid the possibility of such things to come.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Re: T.Owens on Dr. Phil (very sad) Should NFL teams offer life coaches to players for help?

or athletes could be like everyone else in the real world and deal with life as it comes at you!!

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Re: T.Owens on Dr. Phil (very sad) Should NFL teams offer life coaches to players for help?

I wouldn't be surprised if the NFL has some sort of program. I know they havOra transition program for players who leave the NFL (not that any of them go). As I recall, players also get health care for 5 years after leaving, I'm not sure how that covers conditions from playing. In the military, any injury you received from military duty is covered for life (busted knee, if you need a new knee 20 years later it's paid). All the other stuff is pretty much on you. Anyway, it may be that's what the players have, I don't know. But they are dreaming the impossible dream if they expect every guy to ever play a day in the NFL will get healthcare for life. Why not buy insurance with the gobs of money they make? But back on topic. You can lead a horse to water.... And you can lead a player to the shrink....but that doesn't mean he'll go. And you really can't make him. Even if he's bat5h!t crazy.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

problem with giving adb=vice is the person neeeds to be open to RECEIVING it. i dont think To ever really cared about listening to others due to his extreme narcissism. his name may as well be TERRELL HUCKLEBUCK for he never give a
    F---!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

Isn't that what all those highly paid agents should be doing for their clients?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

I just find it hard to feel bad for a guy who made 60-70 million dollars and now is broke. I don't think adding a babysitter to the mix would have helped him. He's a big boy, time to face reality and clean up your own mess....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ender587. Show Ender587's posts

^ Agreed

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In Response to Re: T.Owens on Dr. Phil (very sad) Should NFL teams offer life coaches to players for help?:
    [QUOTE]I just find it hard to feel bad for a guy who made 60-70 million dollars and now is broke. I don't think adding a babysitter to the mix would have helped him. He's a big boy, time to face reality and clean up your own mess....
    Posted by tanbass[/QUOTE]
    Part of it is also all the "leeches" that hang onto these players asking for money at every turn.  God knows the folks TO supported along the way who only hung around for some of his money.  Those 4 women who had his children, would they have done so if the father was simply "John Q Public" and not a famous NFL player?  Granted, we do not know all the facts, but, were they expecting to raise the child strictly living off of TO's money?  Yes, he should have been more involved if he admitted to being the father.  As always, many pro athletes think with the wrong "head"!!!!