trade bait?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from adam4522. Show adam4522's posts

trade bait?

Who do we think BB will move for picks rather than have to cut other bubble guys they will get nothing for?

I think TE, OL, and DL, and WR all have potential excesses that could be moved for picks rather than cut others.  For example, trade Watson rather than cut Slater, just as an example.  M Wright might be another.  We have a couple of OL who would qualify.  Might open up some cap room for Seymor and Wilfork as well.

Basically, early returns with our draft picks may allow us to keep the lower cost high potential guy rather than the midpriced vets....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nykrb. Show nykrb's posts

Re: trade bait?

In Response to trade bait?:
    [QUOTE]Who do we think BB will move for picks rather than have to cut other bubble guys they will get nothing for? I think TE, OL, and DL, and WR all have potential excesses that could be moved for picks rather than cut others.  For example, trade Watson rather than cut Slater, just as an example.  M Wright might be another.  We have a couple of OL who would qualify.  Might open up some cap room for Seymor and Wilfork as well. Basically, early returns with our draft picks may allow us to keep the lower cost high potential guy rather than the midpriced vets....
    Posted by adam4522[/QUOTE]

I think Maroney should top the list of players they should try to trade... some team may still bite on his "potential" to be good their scheme... because he's the worst of the RBs on the roster despite his lofty 1st round pick.

He can't run up the middle worth a damn, and he can't stay healthy.

If they could trade away Watson that would be my next choice, another 1st round flop... tone of physical talent with hands that turn to bricks and help change the course of the game... he seems to pop as many balls up off his hands as he catches.

WRs... I disagree, they need depth there, Brady loves to throw, doesn't look like that changed any... Eldeman looks like a keeper, Tate they drafted knowing he'd probably be PUPed or IRed, I see them carrying six this year.

OL and DL guys that get cut wouldn't be worth much of anything in trade anyway, unless you're looking for a 7th round pick in 2012.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from adam4522. Show adam4522's posts

your missing my point I think.  I am saying trade a kazur, for example, who you might get a decent pick for rather than cut a wesley britt who you may not.  You would also save some $ in the process.  Not saying Kazur exactly, but rather that type of player.  Maroney is a good example.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from joe81b. Show joe81b's posts

with all eyes on the super bowl, i think we should keep the most talented roster possible.  we have plenty of draft picks for next year so why give away some of our starters and top backups.  Let the bubble players go, the time to win is now

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dplav. Show dplav's posts

when do teams have to make thier 1st cut? anybody know?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Kaczur and perhaps Steve Neal too were terrible as run blockers last year.  In one particular running lane on the Logan Mankins side, the Patriots were #1 in the NFL.  In another particular running lane over on the Kaczur side, the Patriots were #32 in the league (although they only tried that lane 13 times all season, for good reason).

This info was from FootballOutsiders in some print magazine.

Kaczur is going to be hard to trade for any value because of his oxycontin scandal.  Neal may not (or may) be permanently injured, so his value is kind of low too.  It's nice to see Vollmer and lately Ohrnberger making plays --they may be needed as fill-ins soon.