Trade Coming??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Re: Trade Coming??

In response to theshinez's comment:
    [QUOTE]

WOW, what about the previous drives when there were drops by Edelman, Dobson, etc.  FACT: we lead the NFL in dropped passes!! 'NUF said.

[/QUOTE]

And in ignorant fans, apparently.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

WOW, what about the previous drives when there were drops by Edelman, Dobson, etc.  FACT: we lead the NFL in dropped passes!! 'NUF said.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Brady also overthrew/underthrew some passes on what would have been sure completions or TD's, maybe we should trade for a QB?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'd be looking at WR, TE, DT, and CB right now

DT - .....

WR - Injures are already taking their toll and Amendola is out again, Boyce mia, and Collie and Edelman are just ticking time bombs. Dobson needs a can of stickm' (btw who were those who called me crazy after the draft when I said I had issues with his hands and ability to catch cleanly?), Thompkins looks like a younger Lloyd with YaC ability when he doesn't slip (what I mean by that is catch the tough catches and drop the easy ones). Like DT were are counting on rooks in which the vast majority of rooks hit a wall at some point. If Collie and Edelman are our only hopes in the playoffs for WRs we are in trouble.

TE - ...

CB - Talib has yet to complete a full season as a pro and Ryan is still learning the game. I also don't ever want to see Arrington on the outside again wich bascially leaves Dennard. This position is very thin right now and we see the massive difference between when Talib is on the field vs when Talib is off the field.

[/QUOTE]

I doubt they'll make a trade, but it's not impossible I guess.

I'd be in favor of adding a WR, but it would need to be a reliable veteran (like a Collie) because he's got to work well with Brady - not always easy as we've seen.

As for CB, it's unusual for teams to make talented guys available (like Talib was last year), unless they're hopelessly out of it and the guy is a FA at the end of the year. So that narrows the pool considerably.  The deadline is two weeks from today, how many teams are hopelessly out of it? Jax, NYG, Atl, Minn, Oak, TB, anybody else?  So guys on those teams that are done after this year. Slim pickings.

Maybe consider adding a safety and switching McCourty to CB, if Talib is out a long time. Are you going to find a better CB in a trade with one of those teams than McCourty? Unlikely.

DT is kind of the same deal. 

[/QUOTE]

Yeah it's doubtful to make a trade right now just my thoughts on which positions I'd keep feelers out for and why. I might be looking at the Jints right now. They are dead in the water maybe looking at someone like a Shawn Rodgers as a big body for short yardage situations or Corey Webster as a #2/3 CB to keep in rotation with Talib and Dennard. Jax maybe see if Clay Harbor is available or Min for Chris Cook or Kevin Williams. TB could be interesting if Mike Williams or if Gerald McCoy becomes available (yes I know Williams is out right now). There are some lower cost options out there that I think could add some needed depth to the line up without having to spend a ton. Of course it takes two teams to trade but adding some solid vets to the rooks I don't think could hurt and might help down the road.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from theshinez. Show theshinez's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You're right, those of us who aren't HOMERS and don't think that EVERY decision that BB makes is perfection are ignorant....WOW, aren't you just a self-righteous Narcacist!  God forbid we have a good descussion about our own INDIVIDUAL thoughts.  Why don't you just move to North Korea.  I'm sure they'd enjoy your one-though one-mind attitude. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriotzking18. Show patriotzking18's posts

[QUOTE]

Antoine Winfield retired.  I'd take Jared Allen in a second!!! or Nicks.  I'd Really like Jarius Byrd!!!(pipe dream, I know)

[/QUOTE]

Antoine Winfield is thinking about coming out of retirement to play for a contender, I think he can help in the slot.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE] 

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You're right, those of us who aren't HOMERS and don't think that EVERY decision that BB makes is perfection are ignorant....WOW, aren't you just a self-righteous Narcacist!  God forbid we have a good descussion about our own INDIVIDUAL thoughts.  Why don't you just move to North Korea.  I'm sure they'd enjoy your one-though one-mind attitude. 

[/QUOTE]

To be fair (and I say this with all due respect) when you include an assertion that it is time to 'panic' (your word), particularly after a rather impressive come from behind victory, you call into question how realistically you're evaluating the situation.  Reasonable Pats fans who want nothing but success for the team can disagree on the best way to get there.  I certainly don't begrudge you your views but simply because we happen to view the situation perhaps more optimistically that you do does not necessarily mean that we are 'HOMERS' - a word by the way that is rather frivolously thrown around on this board.  

Certainly you and I can agree to disagree but labeling Amendola as the only wideout on the roster who can catch a pass might be overstating your case just a bit.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

To be fair (and I say this with all due respect) when you include an assertion that it is time to 'panic' (your word), particularly after a rather impressive come from behind victory, you call into question how realistically you're evaluating the situation.  Reasonable Pats fans who want nothing but success for the team can disagree on the best way to get there.  I certainly don't begrudge you your views but simply because we happen to view the situation perhaps more optimistically that you do does not necessarily mean that we are 'HOMERS' - a word by the way that is rather frivolously thrown around on this board.  

Certainly you and I can agree to disagree but labeling Amendola as the only wideout on the roster who can catch a pass might be overstating your case just a bit.

[/QUOTE]

There you go making sense again.....make sure to explain it very slowly for the folks who like to over-react to everything they do.... ;-)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 347pg. Show 347pg's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Brady also overthrew/underthrew some passes on what would have been sure completions or TD's, maybe we should trade for a QB?

[/QUOTE]

Please don't get rusted started....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So did Brees.  All QB's do, as evidenced by the best of them only completing 65% of their passes, on average..

However, not all teams have 6 DROPS in a game.  In fact, there are 12 teams that ONLY HAVE 6 DROPS OR LESS FOR THE YEAR.

The PATS have *********23***********

In case you haven't figured it out, that's 23 busted plays and scoring opportunities, lost.

Keep blaming TB, though, for an O that is scoring 19 points a game.  Makes perfect sense, if you leave out the other half of the equation.  THE RECEIVERS???????  WOW! Brilliant...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Low-FB-IQ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Panic?? We had only 1 guy who could catch the ball the other day, and he is one hit away from being a vegetible.  I think it's a good time to Panic!!

[/QUOTE]

Did you not like the game winning drive?

Edelman for 23 yards

Collie for 15 yards and 9 yards

Dobson for 6 yards

Thompkins for 17 yards

Don't cliam to be any sort of math wizard but I think that is 4 different receivers on one drive alone.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

LOL,

Did you or did you not say ONLY 1 guy could catch? I don't see anything about how well the majority of receivers were catching overall or if there were drops by anyone or any other details.

Say what you mean and mean what you say.

I showed you on only 1 drive alone that there were catches by more than 1 WR.

You created the drama premise. I refuted it. You didn't like it so you widened or changed the scope of your original premise.

Here is a hint. Don't make overly dramatic and unfounded statements if you don't want people to call you out.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I guess that shows how much I know, I thought he was referencing Collie???

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I guess that shows how much I know, I thought he was referencing Collie???

[/QUOTE]

Egad, sir, you may be right.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In response to 347pg's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You forgot to mention Pezzy who is every bit as bad, oops looks like I was too  late!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Trade?  Why give up some promising players when there is a plethora of players out there who can do the job who are waiting for a phone call.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to 347pg's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You forgot to mention Pezzy who is every bit as bad, oops looks like I was too  late!!

[/QUOTE]

You are right.

The enormous amounts of drops have had no significant impact on an under performing offense...  Neither does the fact that the often injured players are injured.

Unless you are not a fan boy.

Carry on.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You are right.

The enormous amounts of drops have had no significant impact on an under performing offense...  Neither does the fact that the often injured players are injured.

Carry on.

[/QUOTE]

and yet again my point is made, lol... carrying on.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Unless I'm missing something or am misunderstanding the post (either is possible) 23 dropped passes does not equate to 23 scoring opportunities lost. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You are right.

Carry on.

[/QUOTE]

and yet again my point is made, lol... carrying on.

[/QUOTE]

What is your point, fan boy?  That obvious problems should be ignored and never discussed?

Good job.

Carry on!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

[QUOTE]

Unless I'm missing something or am misunderstanding the post (either is possible) 23 dropped passes does not equate to 23 scoring opportunities lost. 

[/QUOTE]

Not sure which person you would be referring to. Yes I know it is not me but if it is Pezzy don't get him started. He couldn't stay on point if he was glued to the tip of it.

Honeslty he reminds me of the ATT commercial where the kid makes a joke and the other kid trys to change the punch line and the guy goes, he doesn't get it. lol

He doesn't even get that I am not discussing, questioning or arguing anything he said and that I was referencing the fact that he would start an argument with "someone" over the TB subject, period. Hahaha

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Didn't say it led to 23 scoring opportunities lost, just scoring opportunities lost, as in drive killers, as in loss of downs, as in punting instead of advancing.  There were also some in the EZ, itself.  In the KC game, there were 5 drops.  You don't think this didn't contribute to the low score?  Sunday, there were 6, in a close game.  Would it have been so close, without them?

Is this debatable?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Not sure which person you would be referring to. Yes I know it is not me but if it is Pezzy don't get him started. He couldn't stay on point if he was glued to the tip of it.

Honeslty he reminds me of the ATT commercial where the kid makes a joke and the other kid trys to change the punch line and the guy goes, he doesn't get it. lol

He doesn't even get that I am not discussing, questioning or arguing anything he said and that I was referencing the fact that he would start an argument with "someone" over the TB subject, period. Hahaha

[/QUOTE]

Wasn't responding to you.

Was responding to wozzies saying TB missed receivers where the quality of the receivers is relevant.  Brees, Manning, discount double check, all miss competent receivers.

Throw in the incompetency and that's what you get, low scoring games.

A little more perspective and maybe less commercial references, would be awesome.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Didn't say it led to 23 scoring opportunities lost, just scoring opportunities lost, as in drive killers, as in loss of downs, as in punting instead of advancing.  There were also some in the EZ, itself.  In the KC game, there were 5 drops.  You don't think this didn't contribute to the low score?  Sunday, there were 6, in a close game.  Would it have been so close, without them?

Is this debatable?

[/QUOTE]

I don't think anyone is debating that there are too many drops, at least not anyone that I've read here and I certainly am not saying that.  What I am saying is that with rookies that's going to happen (happens with vets too ala Welker).  With reps and experience that is going to improve.  In fact, I would assert that it already has improved.  

Of course dropped passes are opportunities lost.  No one with a grain of common sense would suggest otherwise.  But they don't always result in drives stopped.  It's but one play in 3 opportunities (4 if it comes to that).  

And I clearly misread your post (which I think I admitted was a possibility up front) re: 23 scoring chances.  The relevant sentence in your post could be interpreted the way that I did, however incorrectly.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SLGDEV. Show SLGDEV's posts

In response to No-Mercy-Defence's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to CHAMPSXLVIII's comment:
    [QUOTE]

We don't need to trade for a tackle- we have future seven-time pro bowler armon armstead back at practice this week

[/QUOTE]
    RIIIIIIIGHT.......

[/QUOTE]

Did you not see the sarcasm in that post.

[/QUOTE]

An on-line friend of mine invented the acronym SDNWOTN.  It stands for sarcasm does not work on the net.  BTW I, for one, saw the sarcasm in your original post.