Trade Deadline is tuesday oct 20

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from gatech34. Show gatech34's posts

Re: trade deadline is oct 20

Your right. I just wanted to put it out there. Would be nice to have Mayo and Willis side by side. I don't think we need a 3rd receiver. Once Tom Brady starts to throw the ball better I think we will be okay. Its the running game thats killing us. What about making MAroney a WR

In Response to Re: trade deadline is oct 20:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: trade deadline is oct 20 : 0% chance that SF trades Willis to NE for anyone other than Brady........
    Posted by mbeaulieu07[/QUOTE]

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]Your right. I just wanted to put it out there. Would be nice to have Mayo and Willis side by side. I don't think we need a 3rd receiver. Once Tom Brady starts to throw the ball better I think we will be okay. Its the running game thats killing us. What about making MAroney a WR In Response to Re: trade deadline is oct 20 :
    Posted by gatech34[/QUOTE]

Willis is certainly a beast!

Personally, I think they could use another outside receiver to play opposite Moss and take some pressure of him, I wouldn't mind them renting TO for the rest of the season if Buffalo is willing to give him up for a say a 4th rounder (instead of losing him at the end of the year for nothing, not to mention Buffalo is aweful).  Getting TO would keep defenses from doubling Moss and would provide more room underneath for Welker/Edelman.  The other big issue is inconsistency in offensive execution, Brady has had open receivers, he just hasn't hit them while the running game hasn't got the job done.  I too would love to see them get a big, between the tackles type back to wear down defenses and move the chains (like Jonathan Dwyer, who I'm sure you're familiar with).  I don't see Maroney as a fit at WR.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

I would say nothing, teams that make trades mid season are not the kind of teams that make the playoffs. Its a bone head move. When was the last time we made a trade mid season? I mean look at our history for a second and tell me when have we ever done anything that would lead anyone to beleave that we would make a trade mid season?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

I think the Pats need to step up their blocking before they trade for yet another receiver.

BUT I think now's the time to trade with Jauron before he's fired.

And I'd love to see Stephen Jackson in a Patriots uniform, but I doubt the Rams would trade him, seeing as he's the only thing going for them.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from achie. Show achie's posts

[QUOTE]I would like to see the Pats trade Adalius Thomas for Patrick Willis. I also would like Sammy Morris and Lawrense Maroney for Jamel Lewis. We need a power back.
    Posted by gatech34[/QUOTE]

It doesnt look like you had your coffee this morning. Wake up Man! LOL

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

what about jarvis moss the DE/LB on denvers team?they were trying to get rid of him earlier in the season for a late round pick,and he is just rideing the bench.he is talented,and with the diffrent formations the pats are useing on defense,he may have no problem here.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

[QUOTE]what about jarvis moss the DE/LB on denvers team?they were trying to get rid of him earlier in the season for a late round pick,and he is just rideing the bench.he is talented,and with the diffrent formations the pats are useing on defense,he may have no problem here.
    Posted by mosseffect43[/QUOTE]to add on- also maybe Wr patrick crayton could be available

http://espn.go.com/dallas/columns/cowboys/blog?post=4556047

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from earlWilson. Show earlWilson's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: trade deadline is oct 20 : wait a minute here...what are you guys on anyway? PATRICK WILLIS is mike singletary`s favorite player! and singletary is building his DEFENSE around willis...so why, pray tell, would the 49ers even think about trading him to some other team? i mean some of you guys are so far removed from reality that you could make yourself believe that we could get adrian peterson for one 1st round, and maroney.  same thing applys to willis...meaning that there would be 0% chance of even getting any talks started. please.
    Posted by larryprimeau[/QUOTE]
    dufus

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Vladtheimpaler1. Show Vladtheimpaler1's posts

crayton would be a good pick up.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

[QUOTE]T.O. with Moss and Welker = Easy wins. 
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE] I hear ya.forget the personal feelings.its about how much a player will help.plus maybe larry johnson could be available.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/10/14/decision-to-keep-larry-johnson-not-paying-off/

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from southernpat. Show southernpat's posts

Re: trade deadline

In Response to Re: trade deadline:
    [QUOTE]The trade deadline isn't a chance for BB to trade for his dream player.  Rather, it's a chance for one of the other 31 general managers to get desperate and for BB to then make a killer trade.  I don't know if BB has another perennially malcontent superstar like Seymour in the wings.  Actually, a huge number of players will have their contracts expire at the end of this season, and trading almost any of them makes sense -- for an enormous price of course -- and preferably to an NFC team.  But trading an always-negotiating malcontent sends an extra message to the rest of the team.
    Posted by Paul_K[/QUOTE]
    So, tell me Paul, what do you really think about Seymour? :)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

[QUOTE]James Sanders for Jabar Gaffeny, straight up. I would do that trade. Both teams sacrifice some depth, but both teams get a solid player where they are thin. I doubt it would happen though.
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE] here you go zb,this guy is a beast,but so is his contract.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&line=155093&id=4661

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/4655/will-afc-east-sell-or-buy-at-trade-deadline

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Vladtheimpaler1. Show Vladtheimpaler1's posts

Re: buy or sell-trade deadline is oct 20

I like the merriman idea.they are saying he isnt the same player.well he may not be with the chargers.add him to a team that is a contender,and also new scenery.you have the merriman of the old.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

I just read that article and it said Dwayne Bowe was available.  I'd love to see them pick up Dwayne Bowe.  He's got Terrelle Owens' body and game without the baggage.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Dwayne Bowe would be a great pick up, worth our first rd pick IMHO.  He has done well on a crappy KC team, on a real team he could be a top 5 WR.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jsppro1. Show jsppro1's posts

Listen I hear Steven Jackon is out there.  Trade them Maroeny, he,s from the st louis area and a 3rd round pick.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

[QUOTE]Trade Galloway?  Maybe pick up a better RB to replace Taylor?  How about Maroney and Galloway for a decent RB?  I would do it in a second...then activate Nunn to be the 4th WR and on special teams.
    Posted by adam4522[/QUOTE]

who in there right mind would take maroney and galloway...? thats two deadweight players who are of little use.

just kidding... i hope.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

In Response to Re: buy or sell-trade deadline is oct 20:
    [QUOTE]Listen I hear Steven Jackon is out there.  Trade them Maroeny, he,s from the st louis area and a 3rd round pick.
    Posted by jsppro1[/QUOTE]

Source?  I googled Steven Jackson trade rumor and only came up with a guy from the Pittsburgh Pirates (baseball) and the forward on the Golden State Warriors (basketball)...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

[QUOTE]And I'm seriously confused by the scheme discussion here, to the point where I can't even make sense of it. They've only played the 3-4 for three plays this year by Mike Reiss' count.  Vince Wilfork and Mike Wright have played defensive tackle (DT), which is significantly different from nose tackle (NT).  4-3 defenses are typically one-gap defenses, although the Patriots do play two-gap 4-3 (I believe they try to do so on clear running downs against obvious running personnel).  DT is typically playing the 3-technique (over the outside shoulder of guard), sometimes with the DT on the weakside shifting to the 1-tech (inside shoulder of guard).  Guyton plays MIDDLE linebacker, not strongside linebacker.  Mayo played MIDDLE linebacker, not strong side linebacker.  Mayo was the MIKE - center of the defensive formation.  Thomas plays the strong side (SAM - side where the tight end lines up or wide side of the field when the ball is on a hash mark) because he's strong and sets the edge without giving up ground. Their nickel package typically includes McGowan because he can also step up and support the run (LB/SS hybrid), but cover tight ends.  From what I've seen, they go to dime sometimes from there by bringing in Wilhite as a third corner.  They'll rush Thomas and have Guyton stay at MLB.  They'll bring in a pass-rushing d-line and play a one-gap penetration scheme on passing downs.
    Posted by NickC1188[/QUOTE]

Real good post nick... 5 stars lol

Belichick raves about Sanders no way we'll trade him. If we're going to do a stupid money/draft pick trade lets get Brandon Marshell or Steven Jackson.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

regardless of the schemes.they cant stop the run.they are giving up an average of almost 100 yrds a game through 5 games played.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimKe. Show JimKe's posts

[QUOTE]Trade Joey Galloway and Ron Brace to Dallas for a 2nd or 3rd round pick.
    Posted by yogi3333[/QUOTE]

You get the idea but include names like Wilfork or Mankins instead of Brace.

More salary dumping before the end of the 2009 season.  Brace is on a

cheap rookie contract.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: trade deadline : here you go zb,this guy is a beast,but so is his contract. http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&line=155093&id=4661 http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/4655/will-afc-east-sell-or-buy-at-trade-deadline
    Posted by mosseffect43[/QUOTE]

You know, I don't want him. If you remember draft chatter, I predicted he would stink in the NFL back then, and it looks rioght now like I was right. You see, he has the kind of sloppy size that is ok in the NCAA, but wears thin in the NFL. Plus he costs a fortune, which would mean that NE would essentially be giving a draft pick up to sign a too small NT/Undertackle for more than they would have to give Wilfork, who they would then need to forget about signing under the cap.

I think the smoke on  Bowe, another Tiger, is interesting. Although I think waiting it out would be wise, as an other LSU wideout is coming out this year, and could be in range for Ne in the person of Brandon LaFell. I like LSU wideouts in general because they have a history of drafting hearty kids, and because those guys don't play in the spread like most other college Wides, AND they run into some pretty sophisticated Zone defenses that can be seen at Bama, Tennesse, Florida and a few others including LSU itself.

Someone brought up Crayton, who wouldn't be a terrible pick up. All told, though, I am not sold on BB grabbing anyone at a skill position, simply because he has made comments a few times about how they are essentially useless because they have missed all the practices and don't know the playbook.

IF ne is in the hunt . . . I hope it is for a 3rd wide reciever. And not roscoe Parrish, who is not a viable 3rd wide.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Vladtheimpaler1. Show Vladtheimpaler1's posts

[QUOTE]im just wondering after yesterdays performance.will it make the pats feel like they dont need anyone?even though they may end up tradeing galloway,and thomas,but probably for draft picks.

they are saying in here.that the patriots may trade thomas.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/10/18/adalius-thomas-a-healthy-scratch-too/

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

how about asomugha? offer thomas,and galloway for him.

http://msn.foxsports.com/rumors/nfl

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caesar1177. Show Caesar1177's posts

In Response to Re: buy or sell-trade deadline is oct 20:
    [QUOTE]how about asomugha? offer thomas,and galloway for him. http://msn.foxsports.com/rumors/nfl

Oakland is dumb, but they're not that dumb.