Trade for Brady Quinn

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shadowcpt. Show Shadowcpt's posts

Re: Trade for Brady Quinn

Stop, put down the crack pipe and back away. This is a joke, right?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

In Response to Trade for Brady Quinn:
    [QUOTE]Just a thought...  We need some backup QB depth and Brady Quinn seems like the ideal fit to backup TB. He is very familiar with the Pats system since he played at Notre Dame under Weis and in my personal opinion, he is a decent QB that has been in a dysfunctional situation at Cleveland. Once he gets settled into a situation where his role is clear (back-up) and has good coaching, I could see him being a solid backup QB.  Doesn't have to be done today, but perhaps during the offseason this would make logical sense.  Thoughts?
    Posted by deluxbury[/QUOTE]

OK .......FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY  .I WILL GO ALONG FOR A SECOND HERE......WHAT DO YOU SUGGEST WE DO WITH BRADY....?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from deluxbury. Show deluxbury's posts

In Response to Re: Trade for Brady Quinn:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Trade for Brady Quinn : Are the Pats still running Chrlie's offense even though he has been gone for four years? What have you been smoking/drinking?  Another clown who wishes for the past
    Posted by provpats[/QUOTE]

You sir are a jackarss!  Our whole offense has evolved from Charly.  The terminology & concepts are exactly the same.  Maybe we have different plays drawn up since he left but it's still the same "SYSTEM". 

Go watch the Celtics, you know nothing about football!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from deluxbury. Show deluxbury's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Trade for Brady Quinn : Lets see, he has played in the same system with Weiss, Crenel and now Mangini and still doesn't get it....Nah.  He is a BUST!
    Posted by m1020us[/QUOTE]

He thrived under Weiss at ND and Mangina and Crennel didn't run the same offense in Cleveland.  The only thing similar to the Pats was the defensive system. 

Quinn was put in a terrible situation from the start.  I'm not stating that he should be a starter but he could be an excellent backup to TB!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from deluxbury. Show deluxbury's posts

[QUOTE]Who the heck on this board ACTUALLY THINKS that Mangini would do ANY TRADE with BB?  Come on................lol
    Posted by MYNJJets[/QUOTE]

Because Mangini is a coach and not the GM.  While he may have some influence, he doesn't have the authority that BB has here in New England to pull or hold the trigger on a trade. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

Quinn has been ruined. He had his chance. He got so fed up with having his passes dropped by teammates, he started throwing them to the other team so he could experience the satisfaction of watching them being caught.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from deluxbury. Show deluxbury's posts

[QUOTE]Stop, put down the crack pipe and back away. This is a joke, right?
    Posted by Shadowcpt[/QUOTE]

I gave up crack for lent!  Why is this a joke to you?  You honestly don't think with good coaching he could be a solid BACKUP QB? 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from deluxbury. Show deluxbury's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Trade for Brady Quinn : OK .......FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY  .I WILL GO ALONG FOR A SECOND HERE......WHAT DO YOU SUGGEST WE DO WITH BRADY....?
    Posted by EASON11[/QUOTE]

EASON:  Please read my post.  I said we should trade for him to be the BACKUP!  We do nothing with TB but let him win us more superbowls.  Quinn would be groomed as his BACKUP!  He already understands our system from playing under Weiss! 

C'mon, I can't believe so many people think this is a bad idea!  If I told you several years ago that a guy who never really took a meaningful college snap was going to be our backup QB, I would have been lit up far worse than this!  How did Cassel work out for us?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from deluxbury. Show deluxbury's posts

I know another QB that "suc ked" last year and his name is Kyle Orton!  Amazing what good coaching, a clear role, and a good system will do for a QB. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]BB will draft Tim Teboy in 2010. Patriots will rule with the wild-cat. Tebow will be gone by the time we pick. I like a Steven Jackson kind of back over a Peterson back. He's more like Dillion where he just pounds it. I think a lot of people dont realize that we have the Raiders first round pick in 2011 not 2010.
    Posted by Philskiw[/QUOTE]

Tebow could battle with BB's son as the guy who holds Bills clip board, although I think BB's son has an inside track at the job.

Is there a big difference between the "Steven Jackson type rb" and the "Adrian Peterson type rb"? Other then the fact that Steven Jackson is capable of catching 90 balls a year as a dual threat?

If there is a Steven Jackson type rb available it would really be disappointing to pass up on him again like we did that year

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]I know another QB that stunk last year and his name is Kyle Orton!  Amazing what good coaching, a clear role, and a good system will do for a QB. 

Did Orton stink last year? 18 td passes with a terrible wr core.

I think Brady Quinn has upside but I don't think he would ever want to come and ride the pine for 5 more years. He wants to play. This situation doesn't seem to work. I don't knock you for making the suggestion though, Quinn does have a great 1st name.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade for Brady Quinn : I wouldn't call Quinn a bust - yet.  He's been in a terrible situation since he's been drafted.  I'm not saying we should trade him to replace Brady.  With good coaching and some stability, he could be an excellent backup QB in our system.

Gimme good ol' Hoyer over Quinn anyday. Hoyer is Brady's replacement.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade for Brady Quinn : EASON:  Please read my post.  I said we should trade for him to be the BACKUP!  We do nothing with TB but let him win us more superbowls.  Quinn would be groomed as his BACKUP!  He already understands our system from playing under Weiss!  C'mon, I can't believe so many people think this is a bad idea!  If I told you several years ago that a guy who never really took a meaningful college snap was going to be our backup QB, I would have been lit up far worse than this!  How did Cassel work out for us?

I read it bro sorry .......I am just tired of people bashing 12 when he is way ahead of schedule............just cause he is on the field they expect 50 td's again and that is not possible........another 6 months he will be fine..........most qb's that have had it are never the same..........

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MYNJJets. Show MYNJJets's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade for Brady Quinn : I read it bro sorry .......I am just tired of people bashing 12 when he is way ahead of schedule............just cause he is on the field they expect 50 td's again and that is not possible........another 6 months he will be fine..........most qb's that have had it are never the same..........
    Posted by EASON11[/QUOTE]

We fans outside the Pat bandwagon, call and believe it to be "charma".  After the "unsportsman-like behavior" of the "perfect(except when it really counted in the SB" season, of burying your opponent when it was 40-7 in the 4thqrt.  I find it particularly satisfying to see #12 frustrated! Cool

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from deluxbury. Show deluxbury's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade for Brady Quinn : Gimme good ol' Hoyer over Quinn anyday. Hoyer is Brady's replacement.
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

You sure about that?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikec645. Show mikec645's posts

Threads like this make me hate the internet.

You know what Kraft should honestly do, he should get someone to invent a time machine and go back and kidnap Tom Brady in 2000 and bring him back so Tom Brady can be Tom Brady's replacement.  How about that idea?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from deluxbury. Show deluxbury's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade for Brady Quinn : We fans outside the Pat bandwagon, call and believe it to be "charma".  After the "unsportsman-like behavior" of the "perfect(except when it really counted in the SB" season, of burying your opponent when it was 40-7 in the 4thqrt.  I find it particularly satisfying to see #12 frustrated!

Well if you believe in "Charma" you better get ready to tuck your tail between your legs.  Before the season is done, #12 will be on fire and once again burying the opponent. 

By the way, tough loss to the Phins on Monday.  That must of su cked watching your team get biatch slapped like that!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from deluxbury. Show deluxbury's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade for Brady Quinn : We fans outside the Pat bandwagon, call and believe it to be "charma".  After the "unsportsman-like behavior" of the "perfect(except when it really counted in the SB" season, of burying your opponent when it was 40-7 in the 4thqrt.  I find it particularly satisfying to see #12 frustrated!

Well if you believe in "Charma" you better get ready to tuck your tail between your legs.  Before the season is done, #12 will be on fire and once again burying the opponent. 

By the way, tough loss to the Phins on Monday.  That must of su cked watching your team get biatch slapped like that!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MYNJJets. Show MYNJJets's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade for Brady Quinn : Well if you believe in "Charma" you better get ready to tuck your tail between your legs.  Before the season is done, #12 will be on fire and once again burying the opponent.  By the way, tough loss to the Phins on Monday.  That must of su cked watching your team get biatch slapped like that!

Now WHAT the heck does CHARMA have to do with Brady being on fire?    Educate yourself.  On the contrary, I loved seeing all of the SUICIDAL Pat posts after that game.  You would have thought THEIR TEAM had lost to the fins! ha!  BTW....losing by 3 is HARDLY biatch slapped! Cool

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from deluxbury. Show deluxbury's posts

[QUOTE]Threads like this make me hate the internet. You know what Kraft should honestly do, he should get someone to invent a time machine and go back and kidnap Tom Brady in 2000 and bring him back so Tom Brady can be Tom Brady's replacement.  How about that idea?
    Posted by mikec645[/QUOTE]

You are a fool.  Read my post again...  I never suggested trading for Brady Quinn so he can be Tom Brady's replacement. 

I suggested we trade for Brady Quinn to  be TB's BACKUP QUARTERBACK! 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from deluxbury. Show deluxbury's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade for Brady Quinn : Now WHAT the heck does CHARMA have to do with Brady being on fire?    Educate yourself.  On the contrary, I loved seeing all of the SUICIDAL Pat posts after that game.  You would have thought THEIR TEAM had lost to the fins! ha!  BTW....losing by 3 is HARDLY biatch slapped!

Son, I'm only going to explain this once so please pay attention.  Wishing bad upon TB and the Patriots is bad "charma"!  By the time this season is over, you will wish you never opened your mouth!  By the way, isn't it spelled "Karma"? 

Anyway, I watched the Jets/Phins game and the score did not indicate how bad your team got beat up.  In fact, I don't think I have ever seen a team get physically biatch slapped as bad as the Jets did on Monday night.  You knew the Wildcat was coming and you had no answers what so ever.  They ran the ball at will and you couldn't stop it.

It must have hurt... 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MYNJJets. Show MYNJJets's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade for Brady Quinn : Son, I'm only going to explain this once so please pay attention.  Wishing bad upon TB and the Patriots is bad "charma"!  By the time this season is over, you will wish you never opened your mouth!  By the way, isn't it spelled "Karma"?  Anyway, I watched the Jets/Phins game and the score did not indicate how bad your team got beat up.  In fact, I don't think I have ever seen a team get physically biatch slapped as bad as the Jets did on Monday night.  You knew the Wildcat was coming and you had no answers what so ever.  They ran the ball at will and you couldn't stop it. It must have hurt... 

Charma/Karma - could care less.  You must have been watching that game with your Pat glasses on.....understandable.  However your perception that I "wished bad upon Brady" is in your own paranoid lil mind........I just stated the obvious! BTW - the WHOLE BRADY QUINN idea that you started this thread with...........as many of your own Pat fans have pointed out on this thread is well, just precious! lololol!Cool

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

No you of the New Jersey Jets fans area want to believe it was "Charma" for playing the game till the end. Running up the score is for College. We played the game with 100% effort the entire game. This is what lots of coaches and NFL guys consider the right way to play. Get a life.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from deluxbury. Show deluxbury's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade for Brady Quinn : Charma/Karma - could care less.  You must have been watching that game with your Pat glasses on.....understandable.  However your perception that I "wished bad upon Brady" is in your own paranoid lil mind........I just stated the obvious! BTW - the WHOLE BRADY QUINN idea that you started this thread with...........as many of your own Pat fans have pointed out on this thread is well, just precious! lololol!

Actually, what's prescious is your little motocon with the sunglasses on.  That's cute! 

Your fat coach fully admitted your defense got spanked. 

You should be embaressed for yourself spending all your time on another team's board. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

[QUOTE]Again with the trade talk! Are you guys crazy! do any of you trade talk guys watch the Pats? If so please site me one example of a trade Bill Belichick has made mid season? I know we trade in the offseason but please anyone name me one player we traded for mid season? You cant cause we have never done it! so why would we start now? I get you are just saying what if and i am not trying to be a jerk and bite your head off but seriously guys we dont make bone headed moves like making mid season trades. We are not the Jets and we are not desperate the way teams like the Jets are. If you can name me one guy Belichick traded for mid season I will admit i am wrong but i highly doubt it since i am pretty sure we have never done it.
    Posted by MVPKilla2009[/QUOTE]

terdell sands and prescott burgess.