Trade Mankins, Hoyer, & Meriweather for Fitz straight up

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

Trade Mankins, Hoyer, & Meriweather for Fitz straight up

Mankins goes to a team that needs him & has the cap space to pay him what he wants...They need help in the backfield....& they need a QB with great potential that has trained under Brady for 3 years....they are gonna lose Larry anyway next year when he becomes a FA as he has a clause in his contract where he can't be tagged/tendered & HE has to approve ant trades(do you think he'd mind having Brady throw him the ball along with all the other options the pats have to draw coverage)???
    Give him the money both Mankins & Meriweather would have commanded to keep them here & with Hoyer gone Mallett will be much more involved/excited as he'd be the #2 guy & get all the practice squad reps & it would free up some roster room to boot.....do you guys think it's fair....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Re: Trade Mankins, Hoyer, & Meriweather for Fitz straight up

I keep wondering how many times it needs to be brought up that Mankins is NOT under contract and can't be traded.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

This isn't Madden and we would be overpaying for Fitz. 

Also, who plays LG and FS? We're bring in a player that we have 0 need for and adding two holes. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

I UNDERSTAND THAT!!! I'm just figuring on him signing his tag(be pretty shocked if he didn't want 10 million) or that Bill works a deal with Mankins approval so a sign & trade could happen so he could get his 8+ million a year contract from AZ.....IF that happened what would you think of the trade proposal I mentioned??!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

Safety is not an issue we got Sanders, Sergio, & might even go after whitner from the Bills...or bring back Page....
    there are guards in FA  we could go after that would be solid for a year or 2.....as well as guys(youngin's) already on the team....

I'd rather overpay with players that probably won't be here next year anyways & not trade away picks to get him....& to say we don't need a guy like Fitz on our team is just foolish....Branch would then become expendable too, MAYBE Tate but I still want to keep & develop him & what better guy to do it under than Larry....adding Fitz to this O would be mind boggling.....Larry isn't like Moss he runs all routs & Blocks as well as just being a massive target & not selfish or demanding to get every ball....I'd take him in a heartbeat & felt like we stole him.....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Larry Fitzgerald just doesn't do it for me. I think he's over rated somewhat and has the prima-donna baggage we can do without. We had what.... the number one offense last year? How much help do we need? 

I love the new TE game we can bring. Hoping the running game picks up as well. Our offense is varied and spread around and it works. A prima-donna receiver who wants X amount of catches per game upsets the Patriots Offensive Apple Cart if you will and is simply not needed

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

dmc you are smarter than this. Nothing about this makes sense.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

Larry a prima donna & over rated??? REALLY?? those are 2 of the last things I would ever say about Fitzy....
    I love out TE options as well & Vereen is gonna be a HUGE part of the offense...adding Larry to that Mix  would only make it that much better & more explosive...who do you cover???

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

In Response to Re: Trade Mankins, Hoyer, & Meriweather for Fitz straight up:
    [QUOTE]dmc you are smarter than this. Nothing about this makes sense.
    Posted by Quagmire3[/QUOTE]

I guess I'm not Quagmire as I'd do it in a instant .....sorry to disappoint you....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

Guys, I KNOW the trade will never happen but I'm interested in if you think it would be a good one for the Pats & fair to both parties involved...why or why not....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

I'm not sure that a bigtime wide receiver is the most glaring need. The offense was able to put up big points last season. I wouldn't mind a speed demon receiver to stretch the field, I'm under the impression Fitz isn't the fastest and is a bit older now. But other than a field stretching receiver that has to be accounted for, I don't think receiver is our biggest need. 

I'd like to see you put together the same kind of trade package but this time for a proven pass rusher. That I would listen to more eagerly. :)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

we would be getting fleeced on that deal, 2 probowlers and a tpm brady understudy for a WR on the last year of his contract who will want money equivalent to that of a QB? bo thanks, i'd rather draft a WR. Tate and price still have an upside and rumor has it steve smith would be available for a 3rd, evn 85 would probably be cheap/cut. too much $ too big of a loss in terms of players.  I think a lot of ppl hate on meriweather and mankins but they both are very talented players whom i would love to see the pats lock up long term.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

It wouldn't be good for the Pats as it doesn't address any of the weaknesses of the team. It only enhances a strength. Not only that but BB NEVER overpays for a WR. File this in the "trade Tom Brady for Sanchez straight up" bin. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from isurfvb35. Show isurfvb35's posts

you guys do realize  (and is obvious to me) that bb is trying to make the team less one dimensional by adding hernandez,gronk, solder,ridley,vereeen, and that blocking tight end smith to the roster. i dont expect a trade or them to sign a big time wr  at all. im thinking a solid ground game and tight ends with the ability to catch will open up the passing game more than spending money on or trading for a big time reciever. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

I dont see mankins going anywhere....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriots1970. Show Patriots1970's posts

I dont know what you are smoking in your pipe, but pass some this way..........

It is way too much to give up and there is very little in place to back up Mankins leaving and as well Hoyer this year.

Meriweather and a 3rd and a 5th conditional pick - then yes

but overall we dont need Fitzy when there are other guys in FA that would be cheaper - even Ocho would be a threat on the outside and cheaper if BB thougth it was necessary.

At this point- lock up the restricted FAs, Fa (light Page) and give Mankins his long term deal. Then lets review the signings and options in FA and trading next week.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptFoxboro. Show CaptFoxboro's posts

Patriots1970 ...
       If you think Merriweather + 3rd /5th = Fitz , Its clearly YOU thats been smoking somethin' pungent. Merriweather is very expendable ( Hoyer too )

In my opinion that triumvirate is worth about a 2nd & 4th & 6th at best.

Mankins is a mauler ...but he's come up small in the playoffs too often for my liking ( and his 15 yarder against the Jets last Jan. was inexcusable ) and when you factor in the $$$ he commands , his value takes a hit.
    Meriweather is an excuse waiting to happen and Hoyer is unproven & adequete at best .
      If it came down to having Fitz (under contract) or Mankins & co. ...
    I'd at least consider a deal.

Consider this ...

If FITZ was a Patriot - Do you think BB could trade him away for better value than the Mankins/ Meriweather / Hoyer combo ?

Players are commodities with BB.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

[QUOTE]Larry Fitzgerald just doesn't do it for me. I think he's over rated somewhat and has the prima-donna baggage we can do without. We had what.... the number one offense last year? How much help do we need?  I love the new TE game we can bring. Hoping the running game picks up as well. Our offense is varied and spread around and it works. A prima-donna receiver who wants X amount of catches per game upsets the Patriots Offensive Apple Cart if you will and is simply not needed  
    Posted by NoMorePensionLooting[/QUOTE]

Overrated? He's the second best WR in the league behind Andre Johnson and from there is a pretty big drop off in my opinion.  Is he worth the all the money he will command? No, but he's not overrated.   

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

[QUOTE]Larry Fitzgerald just doesn't do it for me. I think he's over rated somewhat and has the prima-donna baggage we can do without. We had what.... the number one offense last year? How much help do we need?  I love the new TE game we can bring. Hoping the running game picks up as well. Our offense is varied and spread around and it works. A prima-donna receiver who wants X amount of catches per game upsets the Patriots Offensive Apple Cart if you will and is simply not needed  
    Posted by NoMorePensionLooting[/QUOTE]

Fitzgerald a prima donna??? Do you watch football?

He's one of the most intelligent, stand-up guys in the league.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

appriciate the feed back guys(the slams as well as the thought out ones)...I understan Mankins isn't under contract Killa but if he plays this year he will be & like I said in an earlier post maybe he'd sign his tag to do a trade to get his long term contract with the big money.....
    I'm not so sure Kolb is gonna be the answer in AZ...the guy looks soft to me but the thing that may save him is he plays in a fairly lousy division....I see him as far from NFL proven & believe the Cards are gonna regret what they give up to get him....not sure if he's gonna be good enough to make Larry want to stay after this year....
    Anyways, I would STILL love to have a Fitz. on the Pats team but, I wouldn't mind getting Breaston if the Pats do go after a WR in FA, he's a stud too....

I actually hope the Pats don't go after a WR(LF the exception) in FA & go with who the currently have on the roster so they can develp the necessary chemistry with Brady....I like Branch but he's already had his time/chance with Brady & the Pats, I want the YOUNG guys in there & Branch more of a 3rd reciever option & mentor/backup as he can't take the poundings anymore....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

Fitzy being called a prima donna is just flat out hilarious. The guy is a monster and one of the best WRs in the game and hes playing with third string QBs.

I doubt they would take Mankins, Hoyer and Brandon though. They have no need for a S as they have Rhodes and Wilson. They would love Mankins and Hoyer though. If we would want Fitz we would likely give them Mankins, Hoyer and draft picks.

Fitzy is worth it but hes likely not on the block. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

DMC: I would not do this trade. 

I agree that Fitz would be an excellent addition, however, our defense needs more help than our offense. If you wanted to trade those three for D. Ware or C. Mathews..that might be different.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from startrightnow. Show startrightnow's posts

Threads like these make me think C.C. has more ghost acct's than we can count. First off Ari. would laugh at us for even mentioning this. I love all these trade threads/post ... someone on here will list one very good player and two that nobody wants! Why in the world would Ari. want Meri. when hes not even good enough to start for them and us for that matter. And Hoyer , i mean are we just saying the first thing thats pops in our head now? We do need a WR , teams will only continue to do to us what the jest just did. And before someone starts typing about how not every team has the players/coaches to do so , its more about our team as opposed to who were playing. We have absolutely nobody to stretch the field , go up and make a play and command a double. Tate screams return man , the guy has done nothing to prove he's a real WR. Why dont you throw him in the trade as well lol.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

I would never make this trade. Trading those guys could create more holes than anything. Meriweather, like him or hate him, is a key part of this defense. Hoyer is a very good backup and mallet hasn't proven anything yet. I remember a ton of people thought O'Connell was Brady's eventual heir. I love Mankins, but I'm pretty annoyed with him so I wouldn't mind him leaving if the Pats could get a good deal.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from startrightnow. Show startrightnow's posts

Alright sorry but im sooooo tired of people saying/claiming Meri is a "key part of our D". Seriously please explain how hes a key part in anything??? Not trying to be a di ck , serious question here. The guy cant tackle , cant daignosis plays , is always looking for the big hit , takes terrible angles and cant cover to save his life. Now im sorry but all of those things have been proved to be true time and time again , its not my opinion , its fact.