Trade O'Connell To Denver?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

Trade O'Connell To Denver?

According to reports, the Pats are shopping for another backup for Brady.  With O'Connell's unimpressive performance in the preseason, why not trade him to Denver.  Josh M. scouted and recruited O'Connell and may give the Pats a nice draft pick to bring him into Denver. 

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Biggs-Patriots-could-be-in-the-market-for-a-backup-QB.html

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcappy. Show jcappy's posts

Re: Trade O'Connell To Denver?

I suggested Byron Leftwich at a time when there was little or no interest in him...  and now he's a starter at Tampa. 

It's a bit strange that we have chosen to have 3 youthful backups...  in a year in TB's come back year.

Should be an interesting week.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Re: Trade O'Connell To Denver?

In BB I trust, but no, not all of his decisions have worked out well.  He's still the best HC, but nobody can be spot on 100% of the time.  It does look like we are thin at the backup QB.  I remember how we all thought the same thing last year, but what Cassell did last year was the exception, not the norm.  We need to bring in a Vet for insurance.  Leftwich would have been an option, but we don't know if he would have even wanted to come here.  A lot of the vets want at least a "possibility" to compete for the starting position.