Trade pick 28 with the chargers!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nathan-ndeira. Show nathan-ndeira's posts

Trade pick 28 with the chargers!!!

Trade picks 28 and 92 with the chargers for their 2 second round picks, The charges will then have 3 3rd round picks, we have 2 already, one higher up in the 3rd round, so i say trade pick 28, get 2 2nd round picks and draft 4 great players in the second round, we still have a 3rd round pick, so BB could use those picks to set himself up for 2012, i think if he does this trade we will have a great draft, we stay put with that 17th pick and draft Oline, PROTECT BRADY!!!, Anthony Castanzo to me would help set up our offensive line for years to come, in the second round we can address, D-line, pass rush, RB, WR, to me would draft S Rahim Moore in the second round instead of a WR. thats just my opinion, Cb looks good right now, with bodden coming back, Mccourty, Arrington, we could draft a CB in the 4th round as a nickle guy, but having Rahim Moore next to Chung would look pretty great to me. I really would love to see this trade happen!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Re: Trade pick 28 with the chargers!!!

a) what makes you think the Chargers would want to make this trade? I am not sure why everyone is on this bandwagon.

b) you say; "draft 4 great players in the second round" huh?? There aren't 4 great players in the second round! Rember we had 4 2nd round picks a couple years ago, remember how that worked out? (Brace, Butler)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Army2LT. Show Army2LT's posts

Quagmire3, I've heard that rumor too but it's #'s 50 and 61 for #28. 

But I think it's better if we use #28 and trade #33.  After waiting through that 24 hour break, teams will overbid for #33 and BB will go for it. 

We have a great deal of ammo to do a number of things.  I just hope we use two 1st rounders this year and secure an extra 1st rounder in 2012.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

In Response to Re: Trade pick 28 with the chargers!!!:
    [QUOTE]Quagmire3, I've heard that rumor too but it's #'s 50 and 61 for #28.  But I think it's better if we use #28 and trade #33.  After waiting through that 24 hour break, teams will overbid for #33 and BB will go for it.  We have a great deal of ammo to do a number of things.  I just hope we use two 1st rounders this year and secure an extra 1st rounder in 2012.
    Posted by Army2LT[/QUOTE]

ok that makes more sense. I definitely would not give up 28 and a 3rd, for 2 2nd rounders!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Army's right the rumor is that BB floated out #28 that could be available and SD (a always willing trade partner) was interested. Now the picks weren't mentioned but given the value it's assumed #50 and #61 would be worth slightly more the #28 which makes sense given that you have to give up a little more value then getting in order to move up. Then again it could also be a combo of picks (like a 4th or later) for #50/61 and a 1st next year. Either way it does make sense from SD's point of view. Mainly that SD needs T, DL, and WR help (WR since Flyod is presumed gone this year and Jackson the year after). Looking at those needs players that could be available at 28 but not at 50 are Torrey Smith, Baldwin, Sherrod, Solder, Ijalana, Wilkerson, Heyward. Once you get past those players you really are looking at a major step down at those positions so SD might want to spend high this year realizing that the talent level in their needs drops off significantly once you start to get into the early 2nd.

Then again if a team wants a QB bad enough with the rumor that SD could be offering two 2nds for #28 a QB desperate team might be willing to up the offer, say another early 2nd this year and a 2nd next year or a mid 2nd this year and a 1st next year (if they feel they are a fringe team for the playoffs). As far as we know SD is just a bluff to get other teams to bit early making #33 even more valuable.

The closer we get to the draft the more I'm realizing that we most likely won't use picks #28 and #33 but trade them back because of their high value. Now if they plan on trading those back I actually see them moving up with #17 to make sure they get the player they want.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wildwillis. Show Wildwillis's posts

Trade up not down, second round is where you get great players from sub-par coaches that do not play pro-style sytems, hence why they are in the 2nd round and there is no buzz created by them to drive them up in the draft.  The last great guy I remember coming a situation like this was Maroney (yes first round I know) and we all know how he worked out.
    With this draft we need to get great players from great pro-style sytems for instant transferability, not a guy like Butler who has stars in his eyes everyother play. 
    And LT is not as glaring as OLB - don't forget Vollmer is a LT by position and I am sure there is a RT kicking around later in the draft or in F/A that will do just fine if we do not re-sign Matty Light.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Trade #17, then trade #28, then trade #33, then trade whatever came with #17.  Profitable trades will win the division again and again and again.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

by drafting Costanza I assume you are walking on Light?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from timesedge. Show timesedge's posts

I think I'd have no problem picking up 2 2nd's for our #28, but I think that there is no team out there willing to pay that.

With 2 2nd's we could pick up a LOT of value. Chung was a 2nd rounder, as was Spikes, Cunningham, Gronkowski, and lots of others. The value IS there if you have the scouting done enough to know who will be most likely to do well in the Pro's.

BB has long had a great track record in the draft and the last 2 have been some of the best he's had. If he was to follow it up this year with a similar draft then we would be much better off than getting one guy in the first.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

DRAFT VALUE CHART- http://walterfootball.com/draftchart.php

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenacioust. Show tenacioust's posts

[QUOTE]by drafting Costanza I assume you are walking on Light?
    Posted by rkarp[/QUOTE]

Light is a turnstile he has to go.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]DRAFT VALUE CHART-  http://walterfootball.com/draftchart.php
    Posted by jbolted[/QUOTE]

#28 is worth 660

#50 is worth 400
    #61 is worth 292

difference in value is a mid to late 5th. Given that the team trading up usually gives up the higher value esp in a weaker draft with less 1st round talent #28 for #50 and #61 is about the right value in a trade

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ender587. Show Ender587's posts

I dont care how much much value we get, they could give us 2 2nd Rounders, and 18 6th-7th rounders.  At the end of the day we can only Roster so many guys, and we are already young as it is.  We dont have the time to wait for these guys to mature.. TOms getting OLD lol.

IMO we need to increase our value and 17, 28, and 33.  Trade up to 12-14 then 20-25  Trade down 33 if you want your 2nd and 3rd round "casting a wide net" guys.  You could even use the picks from 33 to trade 17,28 up.  This will gurantee we get the guys we are looking for and can still draft a 2nd rounder, and 2 third rounders.

Im hearing there isnt nearly as much talent in the later rounds this year as last.  So why trade out of the only round where we have the best shot to make a difference?