Trade Tom sign Peyton

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Re: Trade Tom sign Peyton

Here is the real math. Last season Tom Brady was one completion away from winning his, and the teams, fourth championship. By all accounts, he has several potentially great seasons left, if he performs near as well as he did last year. Last season Peyton Manning did not play due to multiple neck surgeries. He is just now starting to be able to throw a football for any distance and with any velocity. There are reports that he still does not have full feeling in his arm. He is one more hit away from being all done (I suppose that is true for any player). If Manning had any real value, why didn't the Colts renegotiate his deal down and either let him start next year while Luck learns, or use him as trade bait? What happens the first time he gets sacked and the arm goes numb? I had pinched nerves in my neck last summer, which caused numbness all down my arm and into my thumb. I went through 2 months of PT (no surgery), steroids etc, and have continued to do the exercises the therapists taught me. My thumb still goes numb every so often just sitting at my desk. I would not go anywhere near him.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In Response to Re: Trade Tom sign Peyton:
    [QUOTE]Here is the real math. Last season Tom Brady was one completion away from winning his, and the teams, fourth championship. By all accounts, he has several potentially great seasons left, if he performs near as well as he did last year. Last season Peyton Manning did not play due to multiple neck surgeries. He is just now starting to be able to throw a football for any distance and with any velocity. There are reports that he still does not have full feeling in his arm. He is one more hit away from being all done (I suppose that is true for any player). If Manning had any real value, why didn't the Colts renegotiate his deal down and either let him start next year while Luck learns, or use him as trade bait? What happens the first time he gets sacked and the arm goes numb? I had pinched nerves in my neck last summer, which caused numbness all down my arm and into my thumb. I went through 2 months of PT (no surgery), steroids etc, and have continued to do the exercises the therapists taught me. My thumb still goes numb every so often just sitting at my desk. I would not go anywhere near him.
    Posted by BostonSportsFan111[/QUOTE]

Yup, have the same problem.  Herniated disks in neck causing pinched nerves.
    Elected to avoid surgery and almost 2 years later, still have occasional numbness down the arm to the thumb and an occasional radiating pain that stops you dead in your tracks.
    Surgery or not, it's a bad deal.  A soldered rod is never as strong as the original and there is greater risk to the adjoining discs due to the increase of load on them.  Nope, wouldn't touch him either.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-dogg81. Show p-dogg81's posts

Go to hell idiot

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In Response to Trade Tom sign Peyton:
    [QUOTE]Lets face it people, its our system that makes things run not Brady, come on he was drafted in the 6th round with barley any talent and he thrived but so did a nobody like matt casell so why don't we trade Brady while we can get a huge return and sign Peyton to finish out his time i know you will say no way but can you see Peyton throwing in our system he would smash all kind of records
    Posted by vegasredsox[/QUOTE]
    Manning is a better QB.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Manning may have been better than Brady according to some but either way, Dogg, that statement should read:
    Manning was a better QB.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]Manning may have been better than Brady according to some but either way, Dogg, that statement should read: Manning was a better QB.
    Posted by CaptainZdeno33[/QUOTE]
    Capyz - your point is spot on and mine retracted.  No one knows what Manning will be. 

The comment today that struck me the most on the radio was about Manning's video of him throwing.  Its not that he can't throw, but rather how did he feel after he was done.  How did he feel the next day.  No one has asked that.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

I was going to start a funny post about getting Peyton to back up Tom, or something like that. I thought for sure this was a joke but this dude really is off his rocker.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade Tom sign Peyton : Capyz - your point is spot on and mine retracted.  No one knows what Manning will be.  The comment today that struck me the most on the radio was about Manning's video of him throwing.  Its not that he can't throw, but rather how did he feel after he was done.  How did he feel the next day.  No one has asked that.
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Who's better while playing against each other?
    The guy with the 12 win record or the guy with the 7 win record?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

[QUOTE]Lets face it people, its our system that makes things run not Brady, come on he was drafted in the 6th round with barley any talent and he thrived but so did a nobody like matt casell so why don't we trade Brady while we can get a huge return and sign Peyton to finish out his time i know you will say no way but can you see Peyton throwing in our system he would smash all kind of records
    Posted by vegasredsox[/QUOTE]You know what they say about opinions. As stupid as that statement is you qualify.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade Tom sign Peyton : Who's better while playing against each other? The guy with the 12 win record or the guy with the 7 win record?
    Posted by pezz4pats[/QUOTE]

Is football now singles tennis? 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade Tom sign Peyton : Is football now singles tennis? 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Oh, so career wins, which is one of the very few records Tom hasn't crushed yet, doesn't count?  Good to know!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade Tom sign Peyton : Oh, so career wins, which is one of the very few records Tom hasn't crushed yet, doesn't count?  Good to know!

Did I say that?  You used wins as a only definition of who played better.  Was I supposed think you meant more than just that? 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

ok, I'll play your game.
    Tom's 12 wins against the Colts vs. Payme's 7 wins against the Pats.
    Better?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PAULICAS1975. Show PAULICAS1975's posts

BREAKING NEWS:

Pats are going to sign Joe Montana and Jerry Rice, after they trade Tom Brady. 

Joking here. Just figured what the heck. 

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from df5. Show df5's posts

[QUOTE]how stupid can some people be, first off Brady plays maybe three more years for the pats, so if you trade him now you would get 3 first round picks and probably two players then you could sign Peyton to a deal around 10 mil no way he gets 20 mil a year dumb a s s Captainzdeno33 then you rebuild the front four the problem is not that or CB'S suck it is our front line cant get a pass rush going and our LB's suck except mayo, learn the game before you comment.

Wow!

Simply amazing. Please tell me this is sarcasm. Please.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade Tom sign Peyton : Who's better while playing against each other? The guy with the 12 win record or the guy with the 7 win record?
    Too much emphasis put on the QBs winning games. Last time I looked, this was a team sport. You win with capable three phases: O, D & STs. Switch the QBs in those games with PM having a better D behind him and those numbers can easily be reversed. I like both QBs, but did think that PM was more accurate down field and threw in smaller windows. TBs O calls for short dink and dunk passes which compile massive amounts of YACs. Led the NFL this year in that category with half his total passing yards at 2500. Different systems, two great QBs.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

this has my vote for the most rediculous post of the year. If peyton manning has an oz of brains he would take his surgically repaired neck, call it a career and go join espn or the nfl network. unbelievable man!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade Tom sign Peyton : Is football now singles tennis? 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]
    This has always been my point. Spot on.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from vegasredsox. Show vegasredsox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade Tom sign Peyton : The last time I saw you on here was the day of last year's draft starting about 8 threads about why they suck after every single pick. Solder was such a worthless pick huh. Jog on.
    Posted by CaptainZdeno33[/QUOTE]

Oh wait here we go you are showing how little you know about the game, vareen sucked, dowling sucked both injured so they were bad picks, don't comment unless you know the game

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

I apologize, Vegas. I've ruined a great discussion with my lack of knowledge. Lol

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

There's always a fan on this board who comes in from the cold with brain freeze and you certainly did!!!!  LMAO!!!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Trade Tom sign Peyton : Manning is a better QB.
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]
    Not a surprising comment from Colts nation!!!  Good, loyal, soldier!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Someone needs to smash you, dipstick.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

while we are at it, lets trade gronk, aaron, wes, ghost, and Mayo all for first round picks, and then pick up Gonzalez, bubba franks, marvin harrison, and shawn merrimen.

Since were dumping good players, for older less talented people.