Trade Welker or Edelman?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Re: Trade Welker or Edelman?

Dude, Really?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

no way! the pats problem after trading gaffney was not spreading the ball around. it either went to welker or moss. Now we have alot of players whom brady is comfortable throwing to.  plus we don't know if welker will reinjure his knee or not (knock on wood). You can't trade the # of catches recieving leader for the past 3 years.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

my response:

no no no no no no no no, no way, no way at all and helll nooooooooo

no team can blitz us with these 2 in the slot.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lightningbrain. Show lightningbrain's posts

Yeah, I hear you.  I'm assuming that we would have Moss and either Welker or Edelman, plus at least one TE option, which we haven't had lately, and for Tate or Holt to be a nice third or fourth option.  PLUS, what about the D line?  We can't expect that with Wilfork and hopefully G Warren is pretty good, that between them we go with a 2-5 defense.  Recall, we had problems last year on the D line with Ty Warren.  So, what's the solution?   

In Response to Re: Trade Welker or Edelman?:
    [QUOTE]no way! the pats problem after trading gaffney was not spreading the ball around. it either went to welker or moss. Now we have alot of players whom brady is comfortable throwing to.  plus we don't know if welker will reinjure his knee or not (knock on wood). You can't trade the # of catches recieving leader for the past 3 years.
    Posted by natesubs[/QUOTE]

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lightningbrain. Show lightningbrain's posts

I like that idea about the blitzing!  Yet, our opponents won't have to blitz b/c they will be ramming the ball down our throats.  see: the Ravens game even this Ty Warren!  So again, what is the solution?

[QUOTE]my response: no no no no no no no no, no way, no way at all and helll nooooooooo no team can blitz us with these 2 in the slot.
    Posted by btownteamsrking[/QUOTE]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lightningbrain. Show lightningbrain's posts

I love the avatar, dude.  Really, that was a great movie!

[QUOTE]Dude, Really?
    Posted by ewhite1065[/QUOTE]

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

[QUOTE]I like that idea about the blitzing!  Yet, our opponents won't have to blitz b/c they will be ramming the ball down our throats.  see: the Ravens game even this Ty Warren!  So again, what is the solution? In Response to Re: Trade Welker or Edelman? :
    Posted by lightningbrain[/QUOTE]

Ty was there last year and he didn't do much.  we will have to sign someone. 

you are forgetting how rare player for player trades are in the NFL.  if anything it would be a draft pick.

in a perfect world, id trade mankins for a great DE, but those trades just don't happen often.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

No freaking way!!!!!!!!!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lightningbrain. Show lightningbrain's posts

Ideally, I would trade Mankins before either of the slot receivers we have.  I'm wondering though, and I know you said we would have to sign someone, but can we trade Mankins, given that he is not actually under contract?

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade Welker or Edelman? : Ty was there last year and he didn't do much.  we will have to sign someone.  you are forgetting how rare player for player trades are in the NFL.  if anything it would be a draft pick. in a perfect world, id trade mankins for a great DE, but those trades just don't happen often.
    Posted by btownteamsrking[/QUOTE]

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lightningbrain. Show lightningbrain's posts

I really can understand people responding so strongly about trading Welker, but does that go for Edelman, too?  If so, then I'm glad fans are so high on Edelman.  I guess my willingness to trade one of them for a D lineman mostly underscores my deep deep concern for the fact that we don't have three players for the position, let alone depth.

[QUOTE]No freaking way!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by raptor64d[/QUOTE]

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

what are all these realistic trade scenarios you are proposing?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

[QUOTE]I love the avatar, dude.  Really, that was a great movie! In Response to Re: Trade Welker or Edelman? :

1 of my favorites

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In Response to Trade Welker or Edelman?:
    [QUOTE]With gaping holes on each of the lines, and two excellent although very similar players at a relatively deep position, perhaps a trade is in order.  Which player would be preferable to trade, Welker or Edelman?  If you think trading either is unacceptable, then what is a better strategy?  Signing Mankins and Shoebel would be nice, but these signings haven't happened to this point, so let's assume they are not about to happen. I would trade Welker and assume that Edelman can fit the suit just about as well.  Edelman doesn't have the wear and tear that Welker has, and welker is a big time player who could fetch a fine return.  Welker lead the league in catches and was heavily relied upon by the Pats, but I figure these are reasons why his knee went late in the campaign.  We can't ask the same of him if he were to stay.  Edelman would fill the role on an offense with more options, and he is a bit bigger than welker despite his great quickness.

Didn't Edelman miss as many games in his rookie year as Welker has in his 3 years(330 plus recpetions) with the Pats. I was waiting for this thread. This is a typical panic thread. Now we have to trade maybe our 2nd best player in order to get a linemen! Priceless.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

As Far as trades go I hate to trade away Known productive talent. I would give up the appropriate draft picks for an impact player though.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

this is such a ridiculous thread.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from lightningbrain. Show lightningbrain's posts

I am proposing that our holes in our lines are now so problematic that we might consider making a move that takes advantage of depth we have in another area despite that we would not consider such a move under normal circumstances (normal being, having our positions manned by this point in the preseason.)  I am also proposing a discussion on who is more valuable to our team between Welker and Edelman by putting them up as potential bate.  As far as the realistic nature of this conversation, I have no idea what the actual organization is thinking about htis right now, perhaps they will chime in.  I think it is currently realistic that we will pick up d-linemen as teams dropped them.  Would this be a more acceptable approach?  I don't think so.  I think that is better for acquire depth vs. acquire linemen with whom we can compete to win.
    We also have that extra draft pick in the 1st round next year.  Wouldn't it be ironic if we have to trade that pick for a D-lineman?

[QUOTE]what are all these realistic trade scenarios you are proposing?
    Posted by artielang[/QUOTE]

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

you still havent proposed a trade. who is offering an impact player for a player coming off of major reconstructive surgery? and how often do you see major trades in the nfl involving anything but draftpicks, especially this late in camp? and how do you think brady will feel about trading away his favorite target?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from lightningbrain. Show lightningbrain's posts

I'm not sure panic is the right word for two reasons.  One, Wilfork and a recently signed journeyman are our current lineman, so that calls for a big solution.  Two, I don't think trading one of two slot receivers is as big a deal as you must think.  Putting it together, I don't think a second slot receiver is as valuable as any of the starting d-lineman on a 3-4 defensive team.  Now, I recognize that both of our slot receivers are better than you would necessarily have as your best one, but that is why trading one is an option.

[QUOTE]In Response to Trade Welker or Edelman? : Didn't Edelman miss as many games in his rookie year as Welker has in his 3 years(330 plus recpetions) with the Pats. I was waiting for this thread. This is a typical panic thread. Now we have to trade maybe our 2nd best player in order to get a linemen! Priceless.
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from lightningbrain. Show lightningbrain's posts

Well, I take full responsibility for starting it, but your addition sure hasn't added anything!

[QUOTE]this is such a ridiculous thread.
    Posted by artielang[/QUOTE]

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZigZig. Show ZigZig's posts

How about we trade you mom, lets see if we can get rex ryan 4 her.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from HRK103. Show HRK103's posts

No for the very reason we saw last night. WW hurt and recovering JE steps in without missing a beat. Trade either one and the one we keep gets injured then what?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

keep them both and put them on the field at the same time, on opposite sides.  Who will stop them on quick outs for 3rd down situations?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

We have Welker for two more seasons and Edelman for four. Keep 'em both. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Moss has stated this could be his last year in New England. Trading Welker or Edelman makes no sense unless you get a WR in return (think deep threat Andre Johnson, Fitz, or Vincent Jackson....none of which will happen). Depending on how Tate, Price and (to a lesser degree) Holt pan out, I could see the Pats drafting a wideout with one of there first five picks. The Pats will not trade either of these players. I am fairly certain that Brady will be peeved if Moss leaves and that would be doubly so if Welker or Edelman was dealt. You can't lose a one and #2 receiver in single season and expect your QB to be happy.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

Both Welker and Edelman are 2 of the best bargains in sports.  you don't trade that away. Not to mention, both fan favorites. 

I am very high on Edelman.  He looks about 80% of Welker and it is only his second year as a wide receiver!  unreal. outstanding. 

His ability to evade tacklers is top notch. yea i said it.  I think he is comparable to Reggie Bush in agility.