TRADING MOSS = DUMB MOVE! EXPRESS OUTRAGE HERE!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxfan33928. Show soxfan33928's posts

TRADING MOSS = DUMB MOVE! EXPRESS OUTRAGE HERE!

An open letter to the Patriots Brass (aka The Krafts, BB):

Trading Moss would be the dumbest move possible.  It would send a message to the rest of the team, and the league, that the Pats will use you for everything you have and then dump you at the curb like yesterday's garbage.  Elite free agents won't even consider coming to NE if you move forward with this trade.  They will simply tell their agents to ignore your calls and you'll always be "rebuilding" with young, sub-par talent and has been leftovers.  Your fans deserve to have you keep the best receiver the franchise has ever known, and one of the top three WR's to ever play the game. 

Trading Moss now will also send a clear message to your fans, you know the people who support you through thick and thin, that you you are not interested in winning it all this year, or even next.  You are content to allow the window of opportunity to slam shut in your all-world QB's face, and that of your fan base. 

Trading Moss would be the equivalent of putting up a huge billboard just outside of Foxboro with a picture of the entire Kraft family greeting the fans entering the stadium with their collective middle fingers raised.  Why don't you just trade Moss now and then slap each of us directly in the face as we spend our hard earned dollars supporting your increasingly Al Davis like decisions.  Thank you sir, may I have another?

There is not another WR out there who can come in and learn the offensive system and be even remotely as effective as Mr. Moss.  Sure, Randy has his warts, and perhaps he broke the " Patriot mold" because he insisted on being paid like other top tier WR's in this league (how dare he!), but trading him now is not going to help your team at all.  You are essentially trading a known entity for a maybe, might be, may never happen.  You will hurt your team's chances of winning another SB at best, and at worst you will irrevicably damage the psyche of your start QB and the remainder of your team, thus risking "losing" them for good.  

I know my opinion does not matter to you, but hopefully enough fans will express their outrage and anger as to sway your decision towards sanity.  In the event you decide to move forward with your "plan" to trade Moss, you better pray to your God that it ends in another championship or you will forever be labeled the heel that traded away the best WR we ever had and the most potent weapon your franchise QB ever played with.  

Respectfully,

Pissed off Pats fan! 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hog73. Show Hog73's posts

Re: TRADING MOSS = DUMB MOVE! EXPRESS OUTRAGE HERE!

In Response to TRADING MOSS = DUMB MOVE! EXPRESS OUTRAGE HERE!:

Yikes. Hey, before you jump, consider what the Pats might get in return. A solid draft pick, or picks, in return certainly intrigues.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1023us. Show m1023us's posts

Wow, this is the dumbest thread ever!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hog73. Show Hog73's posts

In Response to Re: TRADING MOSS = DUMB MOVE! EXPRESS OUTRAGE HERE!:
    [QUOTE]Wow, this is the dumbest thread ever!
    Posted by m1023us[/QUOTE]

It is now. Nice contribution, Mookie.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from USMCM1A1. Show USMCM1A1's posts

Everything this franchise does is aimed towards one thing: improving the team so that we regularly compete for championships.  That's it.  There's no other goal, and we've been fantastically successful doing it.  If Bill Belichick, Nick Casiero and Floyd Reese think that trading player X to team Y for Z compensation, you can be sure it's because they've thought the hell out of it, using their incredible store of football experience and knowledge. 

I don't care that you and other amateur, completely unknowledgeable fans have some sort of sentimental attachment to player x.  No one cares. "But, but, I have his jersey" is a such a stupid reason to throw a hissy fit over a possible football transaction that's it's criminally stupid.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Look, I didn't like all of the draft day trades either.  I hated the trade of Vrabel.  I will hate to see Moss leave too.  However, the Pats had a lot of aging players on their team.  They clearly wanted to reload the team.  They could have done what most teams do and try to reload in piecemeal fashion, but they didn't.  If you count the picks we get next year, BB will have infused the team with so much young talent that I dare say it is unprecedented in the modern era.  This will be a case study for other GM's looking to reload their rosters.

Is it really possible to look at our team and not notice how many promising young players we have now?  No way we would have all of these guys without all of the trades.  Nope, BB is putting on a clinic for other GM's right now.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1023us. Show m1023us's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: TRADING MOSS = DUMB MOVE! EXPRESS OUTRAGE HERE! : It is now. Nice contribution, Mookie.
    Posted by Hog73[/QUOTE]

Better than the original post.....PATHETIC.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1023us. Show m1023us's posts

[QUOTE]Everything this franchise does is aimed towards one thing: improving the team so that we regularly compete for championships.  That's it.  There's no other goal, and we've been fantastically successful doing it.  If Bill Belichick, Nick Casiero and Floyd Reese think that trading player X to team Y for Z compensation, you can be sure it's because they've thought the hell out of it, using their incredible store of football experience and knowledge.  I don't care that you and other amateur, completely unknowledgeable fans have some sort of sentimental attachment to player x.  No one cares. "But, but, I have his jersey" is a such a stupid reason to throw a hissy fit over a possible football transaction that's it's criminally stupid.
    Posted by USMCM1A1[/QUOTE]

You hit the nail right on the head....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

trust in bill. it's not the first time he's shutting down the best receiver in the team. the last time he did that was with glenn. i believe things did not turn out too bad.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hog73. Show Hog73's posts

[QUOTE]Look, I didn't like all of the draft day trades either.  I hated the trade of Vrabel.  I will hate to see Moss leave too.  However, the Pats had a lot of aging players on their team.  They clearly wanted to reload the team.  They could have done what most teams do and try to reload in piecemeal fashion, but they didn't.  If you count the picks we get next year, BB will have infused the team with so much young talent that I dare say it is unprecedented in the modern era.  This will be a case study for other GM's looking to reload their rosters. Is it really possible to look at our team and not notice how many promising young players we have now?  No way we would have all of these guys without all of the trades.  Nope, BB is putting on a clinic for other GM's right now.
    Posted by carawaydj[/QUOTE]
    Well said, DJ.  Deion Branch, David Patten, David Givens, Randy Moss..........
    Can't help but think of how those Packers Fans just couldn't let go of Brett Favre, yet hindsight(and A-Rod's huge talent) shows how much energy they wasted.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

In Response to TRADING MOSS = DUMB MOVE! EXPRESS OUTRAGE HERE!:
    [QUOTE]An open letter to the Patriots Brass (aka The Krafts, BB): Trading Moss would be the dumbest move possible.  It would send a message to the rest of the team, and the league, that the Pats will use you for everything you have and then dump you at the curb like yesterday's garbage.  Elite free agents won't even consider coming to NE if you move forward with this trade.  They will simply tell their agents to ignore your calls and you'll always be "rebuilding" with young, sub-par talent and has been leftovers.  Your fans deserve to have you keep the best receiver the franchise has ever known, and one of the top three WR's to ever play the game.  Trading Moss now will also send a clear message to your fans, you know the people who support you through thick and thin, that you you are not interested in winning it all this year, or even next.  You are content to allow the window of opportunity to slam shut in your all-world QB's face, and that of your fan base.  Trading Moss would be the equivalent of putting up a huge billboard just outside of Foxboro with a picture of the entire Kraft family greeting the fans entering the stadium with their collective middle fingers raised.  Why don't you just trade Moss now and then slap each of us directly in the face as we spend our hard earned dollars supporting your increasingly Al Davis like decisions.  Thank you sir, may I have another? There is not another WR out there who can come in and learn the offensive system and be even remotely as effective as Mr. Moss.  Sure, Randy has his warts, and perhaps he broke the " Patriot mold" because he insisted on being paid like other top tier WR's in this league (how dare he!), but trading him now is not going to help your team at all.  You are essentially trading a known entity for a maybe, might be, may never happen.  You will hurt your team's chances of winning another SB at best, and at worst you will irrevicably damage the psyche of your start QB and the remainder of your team, thus risking "losing" them for good.   I know my opinion does not matter to you, but hopefully enough fans will express their outrage and anger as to sway your decision towards sanity.  In the event you decide to move forward with your "plan" to trade Moss, you better pray to your God that it ends in another championship or you will forever be labeled the heel that traded away the best WR we ever had and the most potent weapon your franchise QB ever played with.   Respectfully, Pissed off Pats fan! 
    Posted by soxfan33928[/QUOTE]

Look I am all for it if Pats get Jared Allen or Adrian Peterson in return. If not then no way should it happen for draft picks. Sick of seeing good to great players traded for 3rd round and below picks.The Pats have more than enough draft picks stock piled.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

If the trade happens it will only be for draft picks, not defensive players. Probably a third rounder, so prepare yourself. The one thing the original poster hasn't taken into account is that it's gotten pretty bad in the locker room according to multiple reports. That's the part of it you don't see or understand. If they are talking about trading Moss, it means that things have gotten pretty rough behind the scenes. As a coach, you have to maintain authority behind the scenes - you can't have unhappy campers infecting your locker room. By all accounts, Moss was pissed off after the important Miami win and that isn't a good thing. Also, there is reliable reports that Moss himself demanded a trade behind the scenes after the first game. So you may not have all the info you need to make a good judgement here. 

My gut feeling is that Moss is out of here. Not sure how I feel about it, need to think about it more. My gut feel is it hurts us in the regular season but Moss wasn't all that great in the postseason or cold weather. We'll see.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxpatsfan08. Show Soxpatsfan08's posts

trading moss for the 3rd round pick would not be worth it. they will get a 3rd round comp pick for him anyway at the end of the year. Minn will probably make the playoffs so the pick would be towards the end of the 3rd round. moving up a few slots in the 3rd round draft isnt worth randy moss

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bspikes55. Show Bspikes55's posts

Now I love Moss we all do but we need to look in the mirror and say

a-he is starting to loose a step
    b- we have young talent ie. tate and hernandez who can benifit from more time
    c- we all know some dumb nfl gm is going to overpay him in the spring, minus well get somthing rather than nothing

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

A third round comp pick would only we awarded if we didn't sign a free agent player earning similar money so you can't say for sure we'd get a comp pick.  We got a disgrunted Moss for a fourth rounder and to get a third back is good value.  All of this is based on the assumption that Moss has become a cancer and that even Brady privately is for dumping him.

If we got a third we'd have two picks in each of the first 4 rounds next year.  I would like Moss to stay and get a new deal but the sides must be too far apart.  Brandon Tate will have to step up and get more action offensively, but he's no Randy Moss.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxpatsfan08. Show Soxpatsfan08's posts

[QUOTE]A third round comp pick would only we awarded if we didn't sign a free agent player earning similar money so you can't say for sure we'd get a comp pick.  [/QUOTE]

we all know the pats arent signing a free agent earning similar money to moss

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

very good post. Im a angry at this move. This is a major distraction for the pats now

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

I'm glad they are trading him.  I YOU were included in the deal.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from wttiger516. Show wttiger516's posts

The vikings were going to give a 2 and 3 for Vincent Jackson and they can give up a 3rd for Moss - Why don’t you give him up for a bag of balls? This trade is horrible from a 15 Year Season Ticket holder’s standpoint and I am very upset about being forced to see an inferior product 2 years in row because the “brass” is too cheap to handle their player’s salaries. I waited patiently to see how they would replace Seymour (they did nothing) now you are taking one of our best receivers. Patriots are going to be lucky to win 6 games. This fan is MAD!

I am starting to think that the Jets have a better braintrust than the Patriots and I hate all NY teams. This move is BS from a fan's perspective.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Anarchy99. Show Anarchy99's posts

IMO, the real issue is that they didn't want to give him an extension and continue to pay him $9 million a year.  Once that happened, it was going to be all down hill from there.  If Moss told the Pats he's done playing for NE or that he will only give them marginal or inconsistent effort, what good would keeping him be (a la Manny Ramirez)?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to TRADING MOSS = DUMB MOVE! EXPRESS OUTRAGE HERE! : Yikes. Hey, before you jump, consider what the Pats might get in return. A solid draft pick, or picks, in return certainly intrigues.
    Posted by Hog73[/QUOTE]

They are reportedly only getting a 3rd round pick for him. AWFUL!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

[QUOTE]IMO, the real issue is that they didn't want to give him an extension and continue to pay him $9 million a year.  Once that happened, it was going to be all down hill from there.  If Moss told the Pats he's done playing for NE or that he will only give them marginal or inconsistent effort, what good would keeping him be (a la Manny Ramirez)?
    Posted by Anarchy99[/QUOTE]

Well when the Pats traded Moss, they were tied for first and when the sox traded manny, they were in the wildcard. Now the sox stink. I don't think the pats will dwindle like the sox, but we certainly won't be puttin up 30 a game and with a bad defense. YIKES

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedinate. Show jedinate's posts

I hate to see this trade too, but we won 3 Superbowls without Moss, zero with him. SOOoooo

If this trade means Brady returns to just throwing to the open guy and hitting 10 different receivers per game, then I think we'll be okay.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

F U Patriot organization - so much for this yr.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1024us. Show m1024us's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: TRADING MOSS = DUMB MOVE! EXPRESS OUTRAGE HERE! : we all know the pats arent signing a free agent earning similar money to moss
    Posted by Soxpatsfan08[/QUOTE]

Right....Moss is going to be overpaid.....