Tribune article on the beneifts of trading Tommy B

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: Tribune article on the beneifts of trading Tommy B

This guy missed one big reason to trade Brady.

Too many Pats' fans don't deserve him.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:

The punch line ends with some Pats fans and non-Pats fans asking "What happened to Tom Brady in the postseason"?

I have no answer for it.  Nor do you.

OH, I have the answer.  It's the same thing Pats fans and non-pats fans have been talking about for so many years.  It's called half a team and expecting one man to make it right.

NO ONE wins with a enemic defense year after year after year.

Hard enough beating good teams with a whole team, never mind carrying the other half too.  Never happened and never will.

Learn the game!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

QB like brady come to the league 1 in every 10 - 15 years... why to let him go with 2  3 great years left ?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Brady's not going anywhere, the guy keeps his contract fluid so the team has room to manuver, we have Mallet being groomed under the best possible teacher and you don't trade your best chance to "win now" by looking that far down the road.  Belichick will probably have two first round picks in another couple years anyhow...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

I posted a week ago that the Pats should trade Tom while they still can get a boatload of picks for him. He's done in 3-4 years anyway? Zona,Minny and Jags desperatly need a QB and to sell tickets--they would be a great trading partners. I believe one of these teams would part with 2 # 1s and 2#twos. Shore up our defense and let's start banging at teams with a run game first--Pats have three really good backs. I don't want to lose Tom any more than other Pats fans - but he will be done soon anyway-lets get something in return now? I know it seems sacriligious but at some point in the near future Tom will be gone anyway. I bet Zona would give their entire draft picks this year plus next years 2 and 3 minus their 7th pick this year in round 1,(they pick 1 and 7 in 1st rd this year), to us for Tom. Let,s go get a Safety to go with McC, a pass rushing stud, another top CB and a deep threat reciever and some maulers for lineman.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

PhatRex maybe you been suking on too many toes lately--you'd be suprised what some of these GMs would giveup for a Brady-don't underestimate Bradys selling Power--foolish one!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to leatherhelmet's comment:

If trading Brady brought us the pieces to build a dominanted D I'd do it. Dare I say this Baltimore team is a perfect example of what a killer D can do (Dilfer thru Flacco). We already have some of the pieces in place.The 49ers almost went last year and this with Alex Smith because of the confidence in their D. Brady commands a "Kings Randsom" so why not "consider" what might be available.Maybe the threat of a trade will bring the "OLD" TB back to us for one more run.

Yeah and how many SBs has it won them?  One because they didn't have a QB until after Dilfer left.  Yeah they could win one this year, but they had a top 3 D pretty much every year for 10 years and won squat.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I would love to see us trade Tom, that way the phonies on here would get to see first hand just how pathetically average a roster we have here (aside from Brady). And as for the first round picks we'd get...I can hear it now...so and so player didn't work out because the draft was weak that year. Then we'd go out and use Tom's cap space on 42 backup tightends and 20 washed up defensive linemen...we can throw in 10 corners that are great on special teams, but can't return kicks or actually be on the field during defensive plays. Sounds dreamy...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

I would love to see us trade Tom, that way the phonies on here would get to see first hand just how pathetically average a roster we have here (aside from Brady). And as for the first round picks we'd get...I can hear it now...so and so player didn't work out because the draft was weak that year. Then we'd go out and use Tom's cap space on 42 backup tightends and 20 washed up defensive linemen...we can throw in 10 corners that are great on special teams, but can't return kicks or actually be on the field during defensive plays. Sounds dreamy...

The satisfaction gained by seeing idiots who don't have enough brains to appreciate greatness have the castor oil of reality shoveled down their gullets would be awesome. Of course anybody that dense would simply spin and deny they ever offered such analysis. These rubes think HOF QBs grow on trees. LMAO@THEM

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

The satisfaction gained by seeing idiots who don't have enough brains to appreciate greatness have the castor oil of reality shoveled down their gullets would be awesome. Of course anybody that dense would simply spin and deny they ever offered such analysis. These rubes think HOF QBs grow on trees. LMAO@THEM

Never seen anything like it - they have not a clue why we have won so much over the last ten years and why others haven't. When he leaves, this place will return to being a ghost town. It's going to be rough watching teams like the Bills, Dolphins and Jets actually have a shot at beating us again.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

This is a joke right?  Brady is the best QB we've ever had, but the offense is not average.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Never seen anything like it - they have not a clue why we have won so much over the last ten years and why others haven't. When he leaves, this place will return to being a ghost town. It's going to be rough watching teams like the Bills, Dolphins and Jets actually have a shot at beating us again.

They think it's the BB team building genius, not Brady. The fact BB is 1 for 7 making the playoffs without Brady and 10 for 11 with him does not compute for them. 

They cling to the 2008 record. Doesn't matter I proved to them the scedule was a joke. Doesn't matter I told them Cassel was nothing more than a decent backup and was proven right. No fact matters to them. They just WANT to think BB is a genius and always two steps ahead of the rest. Dumb as a keg of nails.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

I think the fact that we are even entertaining this thought and coversation is evidence that we've gone complete bonkers because We haven't won a SB in close to a decade, but we keep coming within spitting distance of it. 

Let's quickly take a look at the first SB vs the Giants.  A miracle catch lost us that game.  The second loss.  A miracle drop by Welker and the guy who our offense was pretty much run through that year, Gronk being a shell of himself with injury.  This year, again our main offensive weapon Gronk goes down, and our entire defense gets shifted around and turns laughable again with the 1st Qtr loss of Talib. 

How is trading Brady (arguably the best QB in NFL history) going to change that, because sure we could use a piece or two to help, but what we REALLY need is some damn good luck.  Getting rid of Brady would not bring us good luck, in fact it might bring us bad.  Remember the Babe?  Cast a dark shadow on the Sox for decades... 

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

They cling to the 2008 record. Doesn't matter I proved to them the scedule was a joke. Doesn't matter I told them Cassel was nothing more than a decent backup and was proven right. No fact matters to them. They just WANT to think BB is a genius and always two steps ahead of the rest. Dumb as a keg of nails.

This is a tired and stupid argument.  Name a great coach that didn't have a great QB.  I do not understand how you can claim you think BB is the best coach in the NFL and then argue that the team is garbage without Brady.  Maybe BB's coaching helped make Brady into the player he is today?  Did we ever consider that?  Look I don't think anyone expects us to continue winning 12+ games every year after Brady retires, but the gloom and doomers constantly claiming it is guaranteed we are going to suck once he leaves need to chill the f out.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I've read the article through twice and tried to keep an open mind about it.  What I've decided to do is set aside what the Pats will or will not be willing to do and look at it from a purely tradiing partner standpoint.  

A team that is willing to trade essentially its entire draft for the next 2 years, and make no mistake, 2 1sts, 2 2nds and 2 3rds is a team's entire draft for those years, would have to be missing only a quality quarterback to have a serious shot at winning it all.  I do not believe that any of those teams mentioned are that close.  And then you are looking at perhaps a 3 year run at best.  Beyond that that team would be back to square 1.

I simply don't see the premise offered in that article as nothing more than idle doodling.