Trolls, Whiners and Irrationals

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Re: Trolls, Whiners and Irrationals

They don't get that it's a 3 step process.  They were jumping ship hard during the draft, even though it was genius and having no concept that there was still Free Agency, TRADES and cut acquisitions to come.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macrawn. Show Macrawn's posts

And it's a multi-year process. 

Irrational = Let's bring in Asante or NNamdi to keep them away from the Jets and fill the position of LEAST need. Say what?

Rational = take advantage of the emotionally charged bad decisions of other teams in the draft who overpay or overreach for positions of need and profit from it. 

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Belichick puts on a clinic on how to turn draft picks somehow into even more draft picks, trade them for players, trade players for draft picks, and end up with more players and draft picks than anyone else

That said, creating a board for them is ironic

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from gln826. Show gln826's posts

Here is another thought, in 2007 & 2008, the Pats were probally the oldest team in the NFL.  They needed to bring in youth and talent.  By 2010, the Pats had one of the youngest defenses, and by the end of this preseason,, they will have one of the youngest offenses, SO he brings in Haynesworth and 85 to add older talented players.....for what you say?  For a bag of popcorn (6th rounder) and 2 bags of Potato chips (5th rounders).  While still holding onto all those high round picks, an easy way to replenish those picks traded for with a couple of trade downs.  Just imagine if something happens to Brees (not wishing anything on him) and the Saints go 8-8 or worse.  Or what about the Raiders, they could always fall back to being terrible again.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macrawn. Show Macrawn's posts

In Response to Re: Trolls, Whiners and Irrationals:

This team completely retooled in a couple of seasons and they had the season they did last year. Their inexperience is hurting them in big playoff games. Teams have to learn to win in the playoffs which the noobie players have not yet mastered but they are getting there. 

One just has to look at the epic fall of the Colts to appreciate what NE has done. They should have had that kind of collapse but they didn't. 

You have to like how they got Ocho and Haynesworth. They traded a couple worthless picks instead of playing the bidding up FA game for high profile players (and then walking away with nothing like the Jests :) )

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

[QUOTE]For a bag of popcorn (6th rounder) and 2 bags of Potato chips (5th rounders). 
    Posted by gln826[/QUOTE]

Chips are worth more than popcorn???  I got screwed at the lunch table when I was a kid.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from gln826. Show gln826's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trolls, Whiners and Irrationals : Chips are worth more than popcorn???  I got screwed at the lunch table when I was a kid.
    Posted by jalvis[/QUOTE]
    I was thinking of Cape Cod potato chips, not the regular store brand.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

Nothing wrong with being an optimist but boy Rusty you are getting way ahead of yourself.

The DL has the potential to be a disaster.  Right now you have Vince Wilfork and that's it.  We have no idea what Haynesworth is going to be yet.  He is as liking to be a bust as he is a boon.  On the other end they released Ty Warren, haven't resigned G Warren and have Wright coming back from a concussion where he missed almost half the season.  What if he gets another one? 

As for depth on the line Brace has been an underachiever since he got here and AGAIN is on the PUP.  Deadrick was close to being cut last year and hasn't shown much of anything.

I will be more optimistic if they get another 1 or 2 solid DL/DE in here.  Right now this likes very iffy.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

King,

You hit the nail on the head with this thread.  Any Patriots fan that complains and whines is way too spoiled in my book or they just became a fan of the team in the last 6 years or so.  It's impossible to win the Super Bowl every season especially with a salary cap.  The fact that the Patriots consistently contend year in and year out is why they are considered a model franchise.  Yes it sucked that they went 14-2 (in a rebuilding year) and lost the playoff game to the Jets, but truthfully, they should have been way worse with the injuries to Bodden, Warren, Faulk, etc.  Instead BB drafted McCourty (who shocked most of us), signed Woodhead to fill in Faulk's role and the Pats went 14-2 while trading Randy Moss and bringing Deion Branch back and changing the offense with two undrafted running backs and two rookie tight ends.  I mean how unreal is that?  Now BB fleeces the Redskins and Bengals for Albert Haynesworth and Chad Johnson respectively and we just got started with training camp.  These so called Pats "fans" that constantly pi$$ and moan about things don't appear to be true Pats fans.  They sound like pink jersey fans who just started rooting for them recently.  They didn't root for them when the useless James Orthwein owned the team and wanted to move the team to St. Louis. 

Anyway I'm babbling and ranting.  I'm just sick and tired of the whiners that come on here and complain about what BB does.  Sorry, but with his resume and the things he has accomplished in his career dating all the way back to shutting down the high powered offense of the Buffalo Bills in the Super Bowl in 1990, you have to give the man the benefit of the doubt and let him run this team.  He knows what he is doing.  If we knew better than him, we'd be doing his job.

Rant ended.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

[QUOTE]King, You hit the nail on the head with this thread.  Any Patriots fan that complains and whines is way too spoiled in my book or they just became a fan of the team in the last 6 years or so.  It's impossible to win the Super Bowl every season especially with a salary cap.  The fact that the Patriots consistently contend year in and year out is why they are considered a model franchise.  Yes it sucked that they went 14-2 (in a rebuilding year) and lost the playoff game to the Jets, but truthfully, they should have been way worse with the injuries to Bodden, Warren, Faulk, etc.  Instead BB drafted McCourty (who shocked most of us), signed Woodhead to fill in Faulk's role and the Pats went 14-2 while trading Randy Moss and bringing Deion Branch back and changing the offense with two undrafted running backs and two rookie tight ends.  I mean how unreal is that?  Now BB fleeces the Redskins and Bengals for Albert Haynesworth and Chad Johnson respectively and we just got started with training camp.  These so called Pats "fans" that constantly pi$$ and moan about things don't appear to be true Pats fans.  They sound like pink jersey fans who just started rooting for them recently.  They didn't root for them when the useless James Orthwein owned the team and wanted to move the team to St. Louis.  Anyway I'm babbling and ranting.  I'm just sick and tired of the whiners that come on here and complain about what BB does.  Sorry, but with his resume and the things he has accomplished in his career dating all the way back to shutting down the high powered offense of the Buffalo Bills in the Super Bowl in 1990, you have to give the man the benefit of the doubt and let him run this team.  He knows what he is doing.  If we knew better than him, we'd be doing his job. Rant ended.
    Posted by DoNotSleepOnThePats[/QUOTE]

Amen. 

The Pats are contenders EVERY year.  They're not going to win the Super Bowl every year.  But if you're in the discussion every year, you'll get there eventually. 

They've been there 4 times this decade winning 3.  14 - 2 last season in a rebuilding year?  Nothing to complain about at all. 

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

[QUOTE]If there was no cap, this team would never lose a game.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

And they rarely do as it is......

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

Rusty as much as I agree  with what your saying. I'm beginning to wonder how come you love BB it's gettin creppy man your stopping just short of saying how attractice he is. He makes mistakes and you never admit it he's made some horrible choices in that period and we've drafted some awful DB's and that's an obvious fact simply due to the number we have drafted. You have to relax man and get the hell out of his a ss. No one can say that for all BB's genius he's not possibly the luckiest head coach in the history of the league. In your honest opinion where would he be without Brady?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

Dan,

Belichick is not perfect.  Nobody hits on every draft pick.  But with the body of work, how can anybody really complain about what he's done for the Patriots?  And where would he be without Brady?  11-5 in 2008 with a QB who hadn't started a game since high school.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

[QUOTE]Honestly, if they win another SB or more in the next 2-4 years, and I am not saying they will by any means....But, if they were to do so, what BB just did will go down as one of the masterful personnel exhibitions in NFL history. Take a look at Indy. Look at Pitt.  Look at their rosters. Look at the juggernaut Jets roster. BB has TWO 1st rd picks again next year.  Who does this? Who does it? All the supposed knockout organizations are in some version of a panic mode, REGARDLESS of what they spin in the papers. Meanwhile, BB just goes about business, takes shot after shot after shot from the media and supposed Pats fans who can't see straight, and here we are. I thought he'd make a splash somehow, but not like that.  One of the best coaches and GMs who ever lived. He's always 2 and 3 steps ahead. As for Samuel, "Get Paid"'s perfect landing spot is either TB (Philly won't want to deal in the NFC probably) or somewhere like Jacksonville.  Samuel is from Florida and TB has plenty of cash. He's gotta be steamed, but I knew they weren't happy with him for the money he was getting. He'd get timely INTs, but he wasn't tackling and he was getting torched a lot. Makes you appreciate McCourty or even Bodden's value. 
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

Who does that with a LT monster coming in? With a CB coming into his second year coming off a pro-bowl campaign? With 2 second year TEs who look like studs?

Not bad for a guy who many think can't draft well anymore.

How are Mayo/Spikes/Chung/Cunningham/Vollmer looking also?

This team, and especially D, could be primed for a serious explosion.

Up the middle with:

Wilfork/Haynesworth
    Mayo/Spikes
    Chung

Wow.

Oh, I don't like Meriweather, in case you couldn't tell.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

That 08 offence could never have won a superbowl you have to admit it was all dink, dunk and run. I know BB is brilliant, truely a genius but i don't live in la la land like rusty. He'd say somethin like, well chad jackson was a bust but if we didn't draft him we would never have gotten Welker and Moss. On Brady he takes us to another level offensively you have to admit that 11-5 record against a truely awful schedule is alot better looking than it really was, it's not that Cassel is bad or anything he just didn't take the team to level necessary to win a championship.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

[QUOTE]Rusty as much as I agree  with what your saying. I'm beginning to wonder how come you love BB it's gettin creppy man your stopping just short of saying how attractice he is. He makes mistakes and you never admit it he's made some horrible choices in that period and we've drafted some awful DB's and that's an obvious fact simply due to the number we have drafted. You have to relax man and get the hell out of his a ss. No one can say that for all BB's genius he's not possibly the luckiest head coach in the history of the league. In your honest opinion where would he be without Brady?
    Posted by danemcmenamin[/QUOTE]

Funny you should ask that, we all witnessed exactly that in 2008.

Yeah. They were pretty d@mn good. If he had only Cassel to work with, the offense would be different. Brady makes the team Historical. But Belichick has built a TEAM that isn't reliant on ANY one player, no matter how great that one player maybe. Not Seymour. Not Moss. Not Milloy. Not even Brady.

I thought that was the obvious, first and most important rule in the Patriot Way: Do Your Job. The QB is one of eleven on offense. 22 Overall (24 if you actually want to count kickers).

Sure, he's lucky now. Was he in Cleveland? Was he with Colvin or Adalius? Maroney?

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

[QUOTE]Rusty as much as I agree  with what your saying. I'm beginning to wonder how come you love BB it's gettin creppy man your stopping just short of saying how attractice he is. He makes mistakes and you never admit it he's made some horrible choices in that period and we've drafted some awful DB's and that's an obvious fact simply due to the number we have drafted. You have to relax man and get the hell out of his a ss. No one can say that for all BB's genius he's not possibly the luckiest head coach in the history of the league. In your honest opinion where would he be without Brady?
    Posted by danemcmenamin[/QUOTE]

This is a good thread. As I was reading the posts I chuckled to myself and thought none of the trolls have appeared yet. And then I read your post danemnmenamin. You are one of the morons king is talking about! To say "No one can say that for all BB's genius he's not possibly the luckiest head coach in the history of the league. In your honest opinion where would he be without Brady?" Huh?! What kind of drivel are you spewing? Luckiest in history? Luck is pulling a rabbit out of your as s once. When you do it over and over and over again, under very trying circumstances thats not luck. And where would he be without Brady you say?? That is NOT luck!! Most losers (like yourself) dont remember that Drew Bledsoe signed a monster 10-year, $103-million contract extension in the preseason that was supposed to ensure Bledsoe would stay in New England for the rest of his career. Not many coaches would have the balls to bench the face of the franchise for a super bowl, and then choose a 6th round draft choice to lead the team in the coming years while trading the $103 million dollar man! THAT, MY FRIEND, IS NOT LUCK!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from southnpatsfan. Show southnpatsfan's posts

Anybody that come here and bit*ch's about BB never sat in the snow watching the "Babe" doing his best. Everybody screaming "looky looky there goes cookie. We couldn't even buy a game back then, let alone win one!!!!