Troy Brown Ripping on LLoyd, when you are to make a play in tough situations, you cant be on the sideline saying. "i got a headache, i cant go int right now coach"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Re: Troy Brown Ripping on LLoyd, when you are to make a play in tough situations, you cant be on the sideline saying.

In response to pezz4pats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Brady went out of his way to say he needs to get Lloyd more involved.  I'm all for whatever keeps his head in the game.  I see nothing in Lloyd that makes me think he quits or isn't tough.  In fact, I see the opposite.  If Troy did say that Lloyd doesn't play the "right way" then he is a hypocrite. Deion Branch mastered the art of hitting the ground before he gets leveled and I've never heard Troy rip him for avoiding big hits. 

[/QUOTE]

LLoyd YAC, 2.7

Branch 2011, YAC, 6.7

Welker, 6.2 YAC

[/QUOTE]

So you're saying Branch never goes down to avoid big hits based on a one year YAC sample? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Re: Troy Brown Ripping on LLoyd, when you are to make a play in tough situations, you cant be on the sideline saying.

[QUOTE]

In response to pezz4pats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Brady went out of his way to say he needs to get Lloyd more involved.  I'm all for whatever keeps his head in the game.  I see nothing in Lloyd that makes me think he quits or isn't tough.  In fact, I see the opposite.  If Troy did say that Lloyd doesn't play the "right way" then he is a hypocrite. Deion Branch mastered the art of hitting the ground before he gets leveled and I've never heard Troy rip him for avoiding big hits. 

[/QUOTE]

LLoyd YAC, 2.7

Branch 2011, YAC, 6.7

Welker, 6.2 YAC

[/QUOTE]

So you're saying Branch never goes down to avoid big hits based on a one year YAC sample? 

[/QUOTE]

No, I'm saying Lloyd always goes down  That is his lifetime YAC average, it's actually 2.5 currently.  Branch averages 2 yards more than that lifetime but last year was one of his best.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

As far as I know, Lloyd has never been great after the catch.  He runs a lot of out routes and corner routes where he barely gets both feet down by going out of bounds.  That is his game, making spectacular catches in tight areas.  I don't think they've run a ton of slants for him where he makes a play after the catch, that's not his game.  I don't know what he did during the great year he had in Denver, but he is pretty similar to what he's always been this year in NE.  From what I've seen, he catches the ball in traffic, always runs his curl routes to the first down marker and fights for yardage.  I think the YAC thing is as much about the routes he runs and the skills he has moreso than anything else. 

I don't know the context of Troy Brown's comments, but I don't buy his or anyone's perception Lloyd is soft, even as evidenced by his YAC #'s. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

I think Loyd is doing a good job and like some have said hear, you can only catch balls thrown your way. I really like his down field  blocking and have noticed it on a lot of running plays. He also helps in running routes to clear ways for Gronk, Aaran, and Wes. I believe he was the receiver who cleared out the left side at the Jets game when Vareen caught that 80 or so yard TD pass against the Jets to start the three TD in 52 seconds run!