Two Funny Stories: Tebow's Prayer Denied & Jets on 'Hard Knocks'

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Two Funny Stories: Tebow's Prayer Denied & Jets on 'Hard Knocks'

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/24/report-jets-will-announce-theyre-on-hard-knocks/

Tim Tebow apparently asked for a prayer before the Wonderlic and it was...shot down.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/23/tebows-pre-wonderlic-prayer-request-falls-flat/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from R3S1N20. Show R3S1N20's posts

Re: Two Funny Stories: Tebow's Prayer Denied & Jets on 'Hard Knocks'

tebow should could keep that stuff to himself, if he wants to pray by himself, thats fine idc but thats assuming that everyone in the room is of the same religion as you. Hard knocks is gonna have there worse ratings ever!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RushThePillPopper. Show RushThePillPopper's posts

In Response to Re: Two Funny Stories: Tebow's Prayer Denied & Jets on 'Hard Knocks':
    tebow should could keep that stuff to himself, if he wants to pray by himself, thats fine idc but thats assuming that everyone in the room is of the same religion as you. Hard knocks is gonna have there worse ratings ever!!!
    Posted by R3S1N20
    ....you'll be watching I'm sure. I cant wait to hear the weekly criticisms just because it's the Jets

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

This is why Florio is such a deusche.

Why is only one person in the story identified?

If the upstanding young man who was so brazen in his dismissal of Tebow's beliefs had the . . .  ahem . . .  courage to express his own beliefs so openly, why do we not know what this brave young man's name was?

Or any of the fine young men who thought it was so funny?

I have grave doubts about Tim Tebow's ability to succeed at the next level, but I'd rather have him for a teammate than some a-hole yelling obscenities from the protection of a crowd.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RushThePillPopper. Show RushThePillPopper's posts

In Response to Re: Two Funny Stories: Tebow's Prayer Denied & Jets on 'Hard Knocks':
    This is why Florio is such a deusche. Why is only one person in the story identified? If the upstanding young man who was o brazen in his dismissal of Tebow's beliefs had to . . .  ahem . . .  courage to express his own beliefs so openly, why do we not know what this brave young man's name was? Or any of the fine young men who thought it was so funny? I have grave doubts about Tim Tebow's ability to succeed at the next level, but I'd rather have him for a teammate than some a-hole yelling obscenities from the protection of a crowd.
    Posted by p-mike
    ....just like the Republicans on the floor of the house the other day who knew who said "baby killer" but wouldn't snitch. The player himself needs to reveal himself

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mountainmonkey. Show mountainmonkey's posts

By spending more time studying and less time praying,  he might not have embarassed himself with his Wonderlic score...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

This is why Florio is such a deusche. Why is only one person in the story identified? If the upstanding young man who wa so brazen in his dismissal of Tebow's beliefs had to . . .  ahem . . .  courage to express his own beliefs so openly, why do we not what this brave young man's name was? Or any of the fine young men who thought it was so funny? I have grave doubts about Tim Tebow's ability to succeed at the next level, but I'd rather have him for a teammate than some a-hole yelling obscenities from the protection of a crowd.
    Posted by p-mike

Well said Mike. Its funny how some people on this board feel he doesnt have a right to pray out loud, but they have every right to criticize it.  LOL

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

Do I think they should be doing a group prayer before the test? No...each person who wants to do so can do it on their own. But I now hear that this is possibly affecting Tebow's draft stock? That's just stupid. If anything, the kid who told him to shut up should be the one whose stock takes a plunge. Is that the type of attitude he'll be bringing into a locker room?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Do I think they should be doing a group prayer before the test? No...each person who wants to do so can do it on their own. But I now hear that this is possibly affecting Tebow's draft stock? That's just stupid. If anything, the kid who told him to shut up should be the one whose stock takes a plunge. Is that the type of attitude he'll be bringing into a locker room?
    Posted by jgallag1

Good point but still, I think it's completely irresponsible to use this incident against any player whether it's Tebow or the guy telling him to shut up. You have to be there in that room to see the situation and the words that came out in context. We don't know who the player is; it could be Tebow's buddy for all we know. The player could have been extremely anxious to get the test underway and out of frustration told Tebow to just shut up.

I don't put too much stock into either at this point. That's why you really do your background checks to see which guy would be the bad teammate.