Two Games Vs. Miami Are Gimmee's?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Two Games Vs. Miami Are Gimmee's?

The Patriots should beat Miami, altho the upcoming game will be an away game.

Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

Re: Two Games Vs. Miami Are Gimmee's?

No such thing as a "gimme", but both those games are ones that the Patriots should win and have no excuse not to win.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I wouldn't say any games are gimmies but the one at home is pretty close. Additionally, Miami tends to have a huge advantage early in the season with the heat and humidity and that seems to be taken away this late in the season. Nether are gimmies but they shouldn't be nail bitters either

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Should win them, but remember the wildcat game from a couple years back. Need too stay vigilant and take it seriously, which Im sure they will.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

The hardest division opponent IMO.

Miami will be really up for it.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Miami poses problems more often than the other division opponents. Miami is also the next best team in the AFC East.

Division games are never guaranteed. Pats Should win, but they also should've won in '04 on Monday Night

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Agree.  MIA should be the toughest division opponent, followed by Bills than then the happless jets a distant 3rd.  Definitally not a "gimmee" game, especially on the road.  However, if you want to consider yourself a superbowl contender, you need to be able to beat the Dolphins in December.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

How can anyone say any game is a gimme in any sport is beyond me. The sports world is full of should have, would have and could haves. 

Just remember the 18 - 0 team or the Best RS team ever in 2011 that had the wheels fall off in Sept.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to patsbandwagonsince76's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The hardest division opponent IMO.

Miami will be really up for it.

[/QUOTE]

They don't score many points, but their D is pretty competitive.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Every NFL team is playing to win the game, there are no gimme's!  I am certain the players are not taking any NFL team lightly as some fans appear to do a lot.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LittleTimmy31. Show LittleTimmy31's posts

Heck no! Pats should be able to take care of the 'Phins, but I suspect another 30+ point win this week is unprobable. The last game of the season, however in Foxboro, that may be another story.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

The Pats have a big target on their backs.  More than most teams.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

If the Phins home game was in the beginning of the season I would have more doubts. I like the fact that both games are in December. That should be an avantage for the Pats. Not saying they are gimmies though.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbeach48. Show dbeach48's posts

miami is improving

GO PATS!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

On any given Sunday and with the right set of circumstances the Dolphins could beat the Patriots but conventional wisdom would indicate otherwise. It's going to take an overt attempt by the Refs in order for the Phins to win either game. So bring on the Oilers er the Texans!! The refs have already given them one win. In any case the only games that mean anything are the playoff games and that's where the really good football will be played.....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

First, the Patriots have an extra three days to heal up (it really counts!) and to practice for Miami.  Aqib Talib in particular needs the practice time.

Second, Miami is starting a rookie quarterback.  Show BB a properly prepared turkey and his mouth will water.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

No "Gimmee's" in the NFL....hence the famous quote: "Any Given Sunday"

Should we crush them? Of course we should....but come game day, anything can happen. I know I'd like to have another shot at the Cards & Ravens who I know we can beat.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Miami will not be easy. That said if we can't beat them we have issues. 

The frustrating part is watching Houston and Baltimore, and to a lesser extent Denver, pull out miracle wins to keep their records on part or ahead of ours....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Any given Sunday!  No such thing as a Gimmie, that's why they play the games.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Every NFL team is playing to win the game, there are no gimme's!  I am certain the players are not taking any NFL team lightly as some fans appear to do a lot.

[/QUOTE]

If the players are taking Miami lightly, I can think of one no-nonsense head coach who is not. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Miami played real tough yesterday. Coming off a win there's some momentum. They have to beat us at least 1 time to have a chance. Their going to bring it all. This is a game IMO we need to play min. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I wouldn't say any games are gimmies but the one at home is pretty close. Additionally, Miami tends to have a huge advantage early in the season with the heat and humidity and that seems to be taken away this late in the season. Nether are gimmies but they shouldn't be nail bitters either

[/QUOTE]

I'm hoping there is a snow storm before/during the last game of the season :)