Two Games Vs. Miami Are Gimmee's?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Re: Two Games Vs. Miami Are Gimmee's?

I'm thinking the upcoming game in Miami will be a close one. Like others have said, if we don't beat the Dolphins, then there should be some concerns.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

I'm a little worried about Sunday,it could be a trap game.Two huge wins in a row and Houston and San Fran the next two games.I hope they're not looking past the Dolphins.The Patriots should beat them fairly easily,but they need to stay focused on the task at hand and not thinking about the Texans.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgraham. Show mgraham's posts

In response to dapats1281's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Miami poses problems more often than the other division opponents. Miami is also the next best team in the AFC East.

Division games are never guaranteed. Pats Should win, but they also should've won in '04 on Monday Night

[/QUOTE]

Those stupid orange uniforms !

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

Miami has been a house of horrors for us Pats fans through the years but I expect the Pats to win a tough close one. The Pats may not be taking the final one too seriously so i can't call it a gimmee.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Every NFL team is playing to win the game, there are no gimme's!  I am certain the players are not taking any NFL team lightly as some fans appear to do a lot.

[/QUOTE]

Oh, you mean this year. Last year only 31 teams were trying to win the game.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to ccnsd's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Miami has been a house of horrors for us Pats fans through the years but I expect the Pats to win a tough close one. The Pats may not be taking the final one too seriously so i can't call it a gimmee.

[/QUOTE]

I guess it depends on our record and playoff ramifications right before the last game starts.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I wouldn't say any games are gimmies but the one at home is pretty close. Additionally, Miami tends to have a huge advantage early in the season with the heat and humidity and that seems to be taken away this late in the season. Nether are gimmies but they shouldn't be nail bitters either

[/QUOTE]Buffalo was one completion away from beating us at home 3 weeks ago. Did you notice that Miami just beat Seattle, a team that handed us one of our three defeats? Posting about "gimmies" is utter nonsense!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to trouts' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Did you notice that Miami just beat Seattle, a team that handed us one of our three defeats? Posting about "gimmies" is utter nonsense!

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but they beat Seattle at home and Seattle sucks on the road.  In addition they lost to the Jets and Buffalo who we haven't lost to.  Plus they lost to Indy and got blown out by Tennesse which are two teams we wiped the floor with.  Plus they barely beat the Rams who we crushed by 40.  The point here isn't that we are guaranteed a win, but if you look at all the common opponents it is pretty clear that we should be pretty heavily favored.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Did you notice that Miami just beat Seattle, a team that handed us one of our three defeats? Posting about "gimmies" is utter nonsense!

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but they beat Seattle at home and Seattle sucks on the road.  In addition they lost to the Jets and Buffalo who we haven't lost to.  Plus they lost to Indy and got blown out by Tennesse which are two teams we wiped the floor with.  Plus they barely beat the Rams who we crushed by 40.  The point here isn't that we are guaranteed a win, but if you look at all the common opponents it is pretty clear that we should be pretty heavily favored.

[/QUOTE] I think we're favored by 7 1/2 points---not exactly what anyone would call "pretty heavily favored"

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

In response to mrmojo1120's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm a little worried about Sunday,it could be a trap game.Two huge wins in a row and Houston and San Fran the next two games.I hope they're not looking past the Dolphins.The Patriots should beat them fairly easily,but they need to stay focused on the task at hand and not thinking about the Texans.

[/QUOTE]

I have to rethink this.The Mazz had a column saying the same thing today.I don't feel very good about having the same opinon as him. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

A real trap game is sandwiched between two tough opponents.  The Pats had a notably lightweight second half against the Jets in front of a friendly crowd after all the Jets fans left.  Then the Pats had a 10 day layover.  Two starting linemen should be back in the lineup against Miami.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In response to Paul_K's comment:
    [QUOTE]

A real trap game is sandwiched between two tough opponents.  The Pats had a notably lightweight second half against the Jets in front of a friendly crowd after all the Jets fans left.  Then the Pats had a 10 day layover.  Two starting linemen should be back in the lineup against Miami.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, but folks like Gronk, Mankins, Edelman, Jones are out. With possibly less pressure from pass rush, will we make Tannehill look like an all-pro?

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to pcmIV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE] I think we're favored by 7 1/2 points---not exactly what anyone would call "pretty heavily favored"

[/QUOTE]

The spread is now 9 points... Which is really high IMO.  Miami has a better record than jets had last week with pats favored by 6.5...  Weird.  Goes to show there's probably more idiots in NY, LIKE JINTSFAN,  that would bet on the jets... Lol.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Kind of a weird stat,Brady is winless (0-3) lifetime against the Dolphins in Miami during December.

This is the year that changes.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

[QUOTE]

Kind of a weird stat,Brady is winless (0-3) lifetime against the Dolphins in Miami during December.

[/QUOTE]

that doesn't bode well...lol

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What's the explanation for that one...? Jason Taylor? The hot weather slowing down the OL..? The noise? Or was it the players were better...  Which years?  I remember 1 year was when they won the SB.  Made them 13-2 I think.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What's the explanation for that one...? Jason Taylor? The hot weather slowing down the OL..? The noise? Or was it the players were better...  Which years?  I remember 1 year was when they won the SB.  Made them 13-2 I think.

[/QUOTE]

From pro-football-reference.com:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BradTo00/gamelog//

2004 - Pats lost 29-28

2006 - Pats lost 21-0

2009 - Pats lost 22-21

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Definitely will change this year . . . let's just hope it changes to 1-3 rather than 0-4.  :-)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

ok to answer my own question...  It was 04 , 06, 09.  So players were different.

Also mixed in were an Oct win ('10), a Nov win (05), so not sure if the exact month matters...

Considering recent history pats have won last 2 down there so in conclusion, this stat is about 99% meaningless IMO.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to coolade2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

From pro-football-reference.com:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BradTo00/gamelog//

2004 - Pats lost 29-28

2006 - Pats lost 21-0

2009 - Pats lost 22-21

[/QUOTE]

Thanks...  Yeah it is basically a reminder to the team that you can never be overconfident in this league... I think the more meaningful streak is the 19-0 one...