Two Manning Chokes in one night?!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Re: Two Manning Chokes in one night?!

I liked Manning's choke better.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

I think Peyton's mistake was not a classic choke but inflated ego , Self over team. Somehow, after a night of getting away with miraculous 3rd down conversions to 3rd string recievers and a touchdown to a very covered Reggie Wayne  he thought he could defy the odds one more time. So instead of counting his blessing and running a couple of conservative plays to get in position for a field goal (to keep his team in the game) he decided to add to the anals of the Manning legend and get a victory in regulation. Sanders made a great play but if Peyton has his ego in check the pass never would have happened in the first place.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

if either manning was actually choking i would not perform the heimlich maneuver on'em

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"As bad as Peyton's pick was ... that would make me furious if I were a Gints fan. "

Yeah, Eli's choke was much worse though IMO because it was a blatant ignorance of football rules. Peyton's choke was still a choke but you could at least make the argument that Cunningham hit his arm and impacted where the ball was going - plus Sanders still had to make a great - a great but not a remarkable catch. Still, how great to watch both Mannings go down in the same day. If only the Jets had lost....:)

You are one of the best posters on this forum, thanks for the knowledge and insight you consistently bring.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Eli choked, Peyton was fooled by Bill again. As much of a football genius as PM is he made the wrong read at the line because BB dressed it up as something it was not. Doesn't Eli lead the league in turnovers....again?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In Response to Re: Two Manning Chokes in one night?!:
    [QUOTE]if either manning was actually choking i would not perform the heimlich maneuver on'em
    Posted by sirpinochle[/QUOTE]

Especially not if it were an oreo cookie they were choking on.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]I liked Manning's choke better.
    Posted by themightypatriotz[/QUOTE]

Mighty. Never, ever, change.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

Just curious if Brady's pass that hit the Indy linebacker right in the hands late in the 4th quarter was not dropped but intercepted and the Colts won the game would you have started a thread --- Brady chokes game away?

Not every bad play or something unsuccessful is a choke.  That term is just soooo over-used.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

You give Peyton too much credit. He didn't choke. The first to INTs were the result of well hidden coverage and he was pressured in the 3rd.

Eli will never be in the same league as his brother or Brady

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

BTS,

Thanks for the kind words. I'll try to keep an eye out for your posts in the future friend. 

I think between you and PatBandWagon there is a fact. Eli was much worse. If he just slid feet first he could have done what he did. He realized it at the last second too, as you saw him reach back for the ball. 

As for Peyton. It looked as if Ne is a bit in his head still. At least Reggie Wayne feels that way with his quote about how they are "chasing NE." I don't think you play for the tie straight up, but they still had 2 TO's left over,and could have thrown some underneath routes. It might have chewed more clock, but it would have balanced a chance at a TD and a FG in their pocket.

Oh well, thank the Mannings for being Mannings.

It looks like last season's playoff predictions from me might actually be true this season. I had NE meeting Balty in the AFC Champ and Philly meeting Atlanta in the NFC champ with NE meeting Philly in the SB. We'll see if it was one season too early. lol.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Well, Peyton threw a bad pass. He was under pressure and tried to force something that wasn't there, and that's pretty bad. But Eli was not only an uncoordinated clod who couldn't go to the ground all by himself without dropping the ball, but then appeared to be claiming an ignorance of the rules as his defense . . .  and that's about a hundred times worse.

Not a night on which the Mannings distinguished themselves.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

Bad day all around for the Manning family. Drew Brees surpassed Archie for the most passing yards as a Saint QB.....love to be at their Thanksgiving lol.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

The Choking Mannings.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

[QUOTE]The Choking Mannings.  
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

Eli and Peyton better be careful at the family Thanksgiving get together when they have their anual Oreo lick

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]" As bad as Peyton's pick was ... that would make me furious if I were a Gints fan. " Yeah, Eli's choke was much worse though IMO because it was a blatant ignorance of football rules. Peyton's choke was still a choke but you could at least make the argument that Cunningham hit his arm and impacted where the ball was going - plus Sanders still had to make a great - a great but not a remarkable catch. Still, how great to watch both Mannings go down in the same day. If only the Jets had lost....:) You are one of the best posters on this forum, thanks for the knowledge and insight you consistently bring.
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

If BB/Patricia had called man coverage instead of zone on that play, Sanders isn't there underneath like that.

Credit both Cunningham and the playcall there. And Sanders.