Two reasons the Pats lost

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeepguy2358. Show jeepguy2358's posts

Two reasons the Pats lost

#1 - Lack of solid defensive gameplan.  This has been going on since Romeo left.  If we look back as few as six years ago, the Pats did one thing - they found your strength and took that away.  Look at the 2003 AFC championship game against Indy.  Peyton was flying high with Harrison.  If I remember correctly we beat them 41-7 sacking him 4 times and picking him off 4 times.  We took away the pass and made them run.  We don't do that anymore.  We know the other teams formations and defend against those, not force them to do what they don't want to do.  We have the big D line up front.  Let them do their work against a passing team when they run it, but but take away the pass with more defensive backs.  This theory had been used against teams when the Pats had a weaker defense.  We have great players, possibly some of the best in the league, at many positions.  They are just not in the right places to use their ability.

#2 - Lack of heart.  Our team right now has the least amount of heart of any Pats team I have ever seen.  Mark my words THEY WILL NOT WIN A CLOSE GAME IF THEY HAVE TO COME FROM BEHIND LATE IN THE GAME, THIS YEAR.  There are three people I see as having heart on this team - Brady, Faulk, and Welker.  Look back at the 2004 team.  They were not the best players in the league, but each player gave it all they had on every play.  With the exception of Brees, who is just amazing, this is the way the Saints played last night.  They beat the Pats because they wanted it more.  They certainly did not have better players.  They just wanted it more. 

There needs to be a change and I'm not talking players.  They are there.  I'm talking coaches.  Forget the whole promote from within.  Hire someone who wants to win and shows it on the field.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

Re: Two reasons the Pats lost

1. Lack of Offense

2. Lack of Defense

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ritchie-az. Show Ritchie-az's posts

Re: Two reasons the Pats lost

1. They played a team that is one of the best ever assembled (much like the '07 Patriots).

2. They made a few critical errors (it only takes a few).