two TE's

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from vegasredsox. Show vegasredsox's posts

two TE's

what we need a back or pass rush

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

Re: two TE's

we just picked aaron hernandez

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bkoo72. Show bkoo72's posts

In Response to two TE's:
    what we need a back or pass rush
    Posted by vegasredsox

What is going on? why the heck another TE? why not Sapp or another pass rusher OLB?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I like Hernandez--that gives us another receiving option at TE and creates some competition at an important position.

Also, Hernandez is really good value at this position.  Some thought he'd go higher.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I'll keep saying it the back will come next year with Oak's pick. This years back core wasn't that good.

But I'm a little disappointed that we took Hernadez instead of Sicko

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from fab2indc. Show fab2indc's posts

we dont need a back.. id like to take a flyer on one, and i still think we will this year, but we don't need a back... im thinkin they will pick one tho in rd 6 or 7..
    in hernandez, we now have 2 rookie te's, who just happened to 2 of the better te's in this draft... shouldnt have a problem not having a quality te or 2 to throw too this year
    great pick at this stage of draft

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

More Florida!

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

this pick makes sense when you look at the fact that now we have a young smart and talented all around tight end (GRONK) and a really good recieving tight end (HERNANDEZ).  good pick. unrealistic to consider crumpler a long term option.  if anything this should show that the pats are getting back to using the tightends!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from smorgan86. Show smorgan86's posts

In Response to Re: two TE's:
    In Response to two TE's : What is going on? why the heck another TE? why not Sapp or another pass rusher OLB?
    Posted by bkoo72

We pick 2 TE's in every draft it seems. Don't like it. It demonstrates that we are not doing a good job in drafting them

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Good hands.....good movement....can play H-back.....helpful with Welker out...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

Interesting that Baltimore took another TE, Pitta, right after.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Supernova13. Show Supernova13's posts

Great Value, and we now have a blocking TE, a receiving TE, and an all-around TE.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

0 TE's 5 weeks ago and 3 now....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hoier. Show Hoier's posts

Aaron Hernandez
    Round 4, Pick 113
    Position: TE
    Class: 3Jr
    School: Florida
    Conference: Southeastern
    HT: 6-2.5
    WT: 245
    40 Time: 4.58
    Biography: Two-year starter awarded All-American and All-Conference honors as a senior after posting numbers of 68/850/5. Sophomore totals included 34/381/5.

Positives: Exceptional pass catching tight end who's been very productive the past two years. Quickly gets off the line into routes, displays sharpness into breaks, and stays low on exit. Positions himself to make the reception, extends his hands, and catches the ball away from his frame. Plays with outstanding body control, balance, and quickly transitions from making the reception to running after the catch. Follows blocks everywhere on the field and picks up positive yardage. Fundamentally sound pass catcher with both strong and soft hands. Consistently comes away with the ball, making the difficult reception in a crowd. Gives effort blocking and bends his knees, breaking down well and playing with leverage.

Negatives: Not a strong in-line a blocker. May not possess the speed to be a consistent deep threat at tight end.

Analysis: Hernandez is a gifted tight end whose game has progressed the pass in seasons. He offers a lot of upside but size limitations reduce the number of schemes he can be used in. Likely best as a West Coast tight end in a timing offense.

Projection: 2nd

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

im happy with it, they should create some mismatches when both are on the field. Rob is a big talented TE, can block and catch While Hernedez is a great Receiving TE. I see nothing wrong with giving Tom Brady two big weapons to utelize.Great pick!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Payment84. Show Payment84's posts

I'll keep saying it the back will come next year with Oak's pick. This years back core wasn't that good. But I'm a little disappointed that we took Hernadez instead of Sicko
    Posted by PatsEng

I like the idea of grabbing two TEs, but I agree about Sicko...  I would have rather picked him up later and grabbed a big DE...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from seanblaze. Show seanblaze's posts

Good hands.....good movement....can play H-back.....helpful with Welker out...
    Posted by Rocky

Good call.....Reminds me of when we had Fauria & Graham. Hernandez can take some heat off Edelman in the slot. The Pats were eyeing this kid all along.

What's with the Jets taking another back?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I don't see Hernadez as just a TE. BB loves hybrids and Hernadez appears to me to be a TE/WR slot type of guy. I expect him to be used as an inside passing game but also placed in the #2 wr slot on occassion and sent to posts. Explain how a cb under 6' is suppose to cover that? They'll have to bring a S over to help which means no double team on the #1 and #3 or risk free releasig the blocking TE. Now you can't run this all the time but a couple choice situations in the game would cause huge confussion

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Taking two makes sense as they had an aging Alge and scraps on the roster at the position.

They now have a big, dual threat kid that can stay inline as a blocker and potentially impact as a receiver and in the red zone.  Hernandez is more of a flex player a fast, quick, versatile, athletic kid that BB can move all over the field, creating mismatches in the slot as he's too fast/athletic for LB's and too big for most CB's.  He's more of the Dallas Clark type player.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from DBAZ22. Show DBAZ22's posts

Love Spikes at LB, McCourty will be solid, and the two TEs look like players.  TE is deep.  Look at the two SB teams this season - NO and Ind.  Arguably the best TE in the game in Dallas Clark, and a very productive TE Shockey on NO (when healthy), and even Dave Thomas was productive.  This will be key on blocking and receiving, and provided these guys can play they are locked up for 5-6 years.  Anyone that questions BB's drafts look at 2009 v 2006-2008 (when Pioli was on board).  They have three guys remaining from the 06-08 drafts - THREE!!!  Last year's draft, although maybe no superstars provided several starters and a lot of depth.  People need to wake up and stop listening to Felger so much.  This team won a SB with Branch, Givens, and Brown and A Smith as it's RB.  Late....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Next year I believe we'll see RB's and offensive lineman. The Pats will keep the same committee as last year and maybe we'll see Light move over to RT. Don't forget about Ohrnberger and Bussey maybe one of them will show enough improvements and get into the starting lineup next year.

Next year I'd expect a RB and the Center and either Right Guard or Tackle getting addressed early.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Taking two makes sense as they had an aging Alge and scraps on the roster at the position. They now have a big, dual threat kid that can stay inline as a blocker and potentially impact as a receiver and in the red zone.  Hernandez is more of a flex player a fast, quick, versatile, athletic kid that BB can move all over the field, creating mismatches in the slot as he's too fast/athletic for LB's and too big for most CB's.  He's more of the Dallas Clark type player.
    Posted by mbeaulieu07

Great that we're all set at TE but what about our other needs at DE, OLB, WR and OLine? It seems to me that we still have far greater unaddressed need in those three areas than we did at ILB, TE and CB.

I can't believe some of the guys left one the board throughout this draft; kindle, everson griffin, dez bryant, Odrick, ricky sapp, john dwyer, best, hughes...
    on and on.

I really wonder if BB is getting a bit too obsessed with drafting only players from certain systems.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In Response to Re: two TE's : Great that we're all set at TE but what about our other needs at DE, OLB, WR and OLine? It seems to me that we still have far greater unaddressed need in those three areas than we did at ILB, TE and CB. I can't believe some of the guys left one the board throughout this draft; kindle, everson griffin, dez bryant, Odrick, ricky sapp, john dwyer, bext, hughes... on and on. I really wonder if BB is getting a bit too obsessed with drafting only players from certain systems.
    Posted by unclealfie

WR= Taylor Price in rd 3

OLB= Jermaine Cunningham in rd 2

Just because a name is popular or recognizable doesn't mean the kid can play or is a good fit in NE.

I love their draft to this point.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Coolguy55220. Show Coolguy55220's posts

Its gonna get easier to score TD's in the redzone w/ 3 TE's who can all catch... I mean crumpler is old, and cant run that fast, but should still be successfull in the redzone.