Ty Warren is out for tonigh't game.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AdrenalineJunkie. Show AdrenalineJunkie's posts

Ty Warren is out for tonigh't game.

What a bummer...

Warren not in tonight's lineup

November 15, 2009, 7:04 PM

By: Mike Reiss

INDIANAPOLIS -- Patriots inactives: Matt Light, Eric Alexander, Rich Ohrnberger, Shawn Springs, Ty Warren, Sammy Morris, Fred Taylor and Jarvis Green.

That means that Dan Koppen and Julian Edelman will both be active.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Re: Ty Warren is out for tonigh't game.

Twitter
    espnforsberg: 
    Ty Warren missed practice on Wed. and Thurs., only engaged in limited activity Fri. while nursing that ankle. More Wilfork at end tonight?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Mike Reiss MikeReiss Thoughts on inactives: Warren (ankle) has been on injury report. On Springs, special teams a factor. They need Wheatley on KO returns.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Who are  your big players on IR?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

In Response to Re: Ty Warren is out for tonigh't game.:
    [QUOTE]Who are  your big players on IR?
    Posted by underdogg[/QUOTE]
    The Pats this year have been relatively lucky in terms of season enders, just yesterday Tate was put on IR, but so far there haven't been any season enders to real/proven impact players.  That being said the Pats have had a rash of short to mid length (2-5) week injuries to big time players like Jerod Mayo, Sammy Morris, Wes Welker, and Fred Taylor which have really disrupted the cohesion of the team.  They haven't been able to put a really healthy team on the field much this year, it's not an excuse for their losses, but it certainly doesn't help.  We all know the Colts have had serious injury issues, you don't need to tell us again.  Last year the Pats lost some guy named Brady for the entire season, so injury sympathies won't be easy to come by here.

-back on topic, the Pats will miss Warren tonight, I wish I could downplay it-but this injury is tough.  It's a good thing that the Colts haven't been able to run the ball, but the Pats will still miss Warren's presence. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

That's okay, we'll just play Seymour . . . 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AdrenalineJunkie. Show AdrenalineJunkie's posts

agreed Andrew, whether they are on IR or not, they are still missing this game... here is Reiss' analysis on this:

1) The big surprise is defensive end Ty Warren, who was questionable with an ankle injury. That leaves the Patriots without their No. 2 and 3 defensive linemen on the depth chart, as Jarvis Green is also out. The depth chart on the d-line tonight looks like this: Vince Wilfork, Mike Wright, Myron Pryor, Ron Brace. That's not a particularly stout group, so this could be a game where penetration is more a point of emphasis than holding the point of attack.

No excuses, just a bummer, that's all...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

I wasn't going to bring up all of the colts losses year to date.  I just wanted to know if anyone was on IR.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

Warren just can stay healthy anymore.  Maybe we have a Brace sighting tonight.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

Yeah, introducing Ron Brace...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

[QUOTE]Warren just can stay healthy anymore.  Maybe we have a Brace sighting tonight.
    Posted by K-max[/QUOTE]

I'm interested in seeing what they do. They usually try to throw some interesting wrinkles at the Colts. May even see A. Thomas as a down lineman if they want to go with a speed rusher.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ty Warren is out for tonigh't game. : I'm interested in seeing what they do. They usually try to throw some interesting wrinkles at the Colts. May even see A. Thomas as a down lineman if they want to go with a speed rusher.
    Posted by ewhite1065[/QUOTE]
    Now there's an interesting look, with AD coming off the end to pass rush.  He certainly has the size at 270ish to play the pure pass rushing end in a 4-3.  Have the Pats ever run him at end?  I don't recall ever seeing it-anybody know?

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

im thinking warren is fine,and the pats are just wanting speed in this game.