Ty Warren Released

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Ty Warren Released

"Warren, 6-5, 300 pounds, originally joined the Patriots as a first round draft choice (13th overall) in 2003 out of Texas A&M. In his eight seasons with the Patriots, Warren started 92 of 105 games while recording 496 total tackles, 20.5 sacks, four forced fumbles and six fumble recoveries. Warren was a part of the Super Bowl Championship team of 2003 and 2004. He missed the entire 2010 season after being placed on injured reserve with a hip injury."

Wow.  This is a bit of a surprise.  I guess BB has something else in the works.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Re: Ty Warren Released

In Response to Ty Warren Released:
    [QUOTE]"Warren, 6-5, 300 pounds, originally joined the Patriots as a first round draft choice (13th overall) in 2003 out of Texas A&M. In his eight seasons with the Patriots, Warren started 92 of 105 games while recording 496 total tackles, 20.5 sacks, four forced fumbles and six fumble recoveries. Warren was a part of the Super Bowl Championship team of 2003 and 2004. He missed the entire 2010 season after being placed on injured reserve with a hip injury." Wow.  This is a bit of a surprise.  I guess BB has something else in the works.
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

Huh?!?!?! 

No way!

I wonder if it's just for cap space... 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

wow! where did you see this? source please...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In Response to Re: Ty Warren Released:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Ty Warren Released : Huh?!?!?!  No way! I wonder if it's just for cap space... 
    Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188[/QUOTE]

Just pulled it off the Patriots web site.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ty Warren Released : Just pulled it off the Patriots web site.
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

Got it!

the Patriots released LB www.patriots.com/team/roster/tully-banta-cain/c97cb60f-0c77-40cb-b749-700bd27fd93e/" title="Tully Banta-Cain" class="player-card-tooltip">Tully Banta-Cain, CB www.patriots.com/team/roster/tony-carter/1de1708a-fce7-4fdc-b18f-7f40b608acce/" title="Tony Carter" class="player-card-tooltip">Tony Carter, TE www.patriots.com/team/roster/alge-crumpler/4a808d78-d3a5-4f90-bdd9-18b7521bfcc2/" title="Alge Crumpler" class="player-card-tooltip">Alge Crumpler, Twww.patriots.com/team/roster/nick-kaczur/bb5dbcf4-03f9-4ef7-8eea-c9f966253d67/" title="Nick Kaczur" class="player-card-tooltip">Nick Kaczur, DL www.patriots.com/team/roster/marcus-stroud/4b409d0e-bc65-4f83-9c93-480652944bba/" title="Marcus Stroud" class="player-card-tooltip">Marcus Stroud, DL www.patriots.com/team/roster/ty-warren/6a4e33d6-7398-4686-a39c-f0fbb4d62ba2/" title="Ty Warren" class="player-card-tooltip">Ty Warren and rookie free agent LB www.patriots.com/team/roster/ryan-coulson/3d7f71c7-258d-4a19-a076-7979e5eb5b30/" title="Ryan Coulson" class="player-card-tooltip">Ryan Coulson from Nevada. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

crumpler is gone as well !!

what gives ?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Zeoli42. Show Zeoli42's posts

WOW 
     Mike Reiss 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

[QUOTE]crumpler is gone as well !! what gives ?
    Posted by PatFanInBA2[/QUOTE]

He dropped a sure TD in the Playoffs and he's getting old in football years.  That's why BB drafted that big TE.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

damn - we better get Asomugha, Shawn Ellis and Tamba Hali :-)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]damn - we better get Asomugha, Shawn Ellis and Tamba Hali :-)
    Posted by PatFanInBA2[/QUOTE]

lol

Shaun Ellis would be great for not-too-much money

I'd take Roth for less dollars just to try to steal Asomugha away from the Jets and ruin their offseason

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Maybe BB is looking to move to a base 4 man front and TY doesn't fit what he needs?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Good riddance.  We went 14-2 without him. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]Maybe BB is looking to move to a base 4 man front and TY doesn't fit what he needs?
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

I still think it's just for cap purposes, like the Jets releasing Mark Brunell

I think Banta-Cain will be back for lack of other places for an injured system-OLB to go

And Warren's been out of football for a year now.  I don't think the market's there for him anymore

I wouldn't be shocked to see guys re-signed for lesser cap figures, especially because the cap is so tight this year

this way the Pats can make moves, like bidding for Asomugha to keep him away from the Jets

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

[QUOTE]Maybe BB is looking to move to a base 4 man front and TY doesn't fit what he needs?
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]
    the pats switch their base fronts so often I don't think it's correct to really label them as a 34 or 43 'base', they're constantly in sub packages so I wouldn't imagine they'd cut him just because of a system thing.  It must have been related to health, does this mean more Mike Wright?  I was hoping Wright would return to his subpackage rushing role, not so sure how I feel about him as a full time end on rush downs...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxcodyfxx. Show xxcodyfxx's posts

surprising do any of you think we make another big splash?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Asher77. Show Asher77's posts

I say BB is getting ready for 4pm and the FA rush. Waited till the last min on this to not tip his hand as far as how flush with $ the Pats may be.

I expect if FA does not pan out ( we do not spend all our avail $ ) then these players are all possible to be resigned. Might already have verbal agreements in place.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tmmk. Show tmmk's posts

Sad to see Crumpler and Warren go...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeffab. Show jeffab's posts

[QUOTE]I say BB is getting ready for 4pm and the FA rush. Waited till the last min on this to not tip his hand as far as how flush with $ the Pats may be. I expect if FA does not pan out ( we do not spend all our avail $ ) then these players are all possible to be resigned. Might already have verbal agreements in place.
    Posted by Asher77[/QUOTE]

This was my initial thought as well.....I guess we'll find out soon enough!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]I say BB is getting ready for 4pm and the FA rush. Waited till the last min on this to not tip his hand as far as how flush with $ the Pats may be. I expect if FA does not pan out ( we do not spend all our avail $ ) then these players are all possible to be resigned. Might already have verbal agreements in place.
    Posted by Asher77[/QUOTE]

This doesn't surprise me one bit when I think about it... 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoahJustin. Show NoahJustin's posts

Plus, Nick Kaczur is gone too.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Wow that's a huge cut. I think he end up being resigned for less in the end though.

They save only $230K if he is cut so not exactly a cap saving move unless he is to injured to return or is resigned for a lower deal

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

[QUOTE]surprising do any of you think we make another big splash?
    Posted by xxcodyfxx[/QUOTE]

I defiantly think something's up xx

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

[QUOTE]My guess is they cut Warren but maybe he will resign on a team friendly deal because he has to prove himself all over again. I hope cause he has been a good Pat for a long time and I was looking forward to getting him back. Im shocked they cut Crumpler though, BB really liked him. What are they making cap space for? Mankins new deal? Nnamdi? Some other big trade coming? What gives!
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

What gives - indeed..

I am happy with the additions thus far. As a stretch goal, (and greedy that i am) I am hoping we can get either one (or more of) the following

Asomugha
    Tamba Hali
    Roth
    Shaun Ellis

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

I think he's positioning for another big time Defensive Linemen.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Ellis is a possibility and at this point the other Warren would be an interesting person to bring in too if they don't resign T Warren