Ty Warren Released

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

Re: Ty Warren Released

In Response to Re: Ty Warren Released:
    [QUOTE]My guess is they cut Warren but maybe he will resign on a team friendly deal because he has to prove himself all over again.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

That was my initial thought as well.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sam0377. Show sam0377's posts

Is this for Osi? Osi write Vince and Fat Albert on 43?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

If we can get pressure with 4 defensive line studs, with the young and fast back 7 we have....forgetaboutit, no one is scoring points on us.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ty Warren Released : That was my initial thought as well.
    Posted by jalvis[/QUOTE]
    agreed.  I'd expect to see him back at a lower rate, his last extension was paying him quite handsomley 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

From The Herald: "Wow. No. Way. 4-3? RT : Ty Warren texted me saying the Pats were "going in a different direction defensively."

i'm not even remotely sold on a 'switch' to base 43 (doesnt that minimize impact of spikes+mayo+fork?) but maybe you guys are on to something

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I just don't see us switching to a 43.

Our OLB's are built for a 34 and we have 2 very good ILB's. Switching to a 43 would expose our OLB's and limit us to putting either Mayo or Spikes in at one time. Not to mention or DE's aren't 43 rush DE's. Almost all our DL are considered DT's in 43's so where would the speed from the line come from? Would they go only power sacks and not worry about edge rush?

Just doesn't make much sense to me, esp considering when we were in the 43 nickel sub the Pats were killed with short dink and dunk 3 step drop passes. We had no answer to them and switching to a 43 would only make it worse without the right personal.

Maybe they are looking to bring in Spears or just resign Warren to a more team friendly contract to prove his hip is better

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

I think Big Vince and Haynesworth in the middle of a 4-3 line would be better than the Vikes' famed Williams duo.  They would WRECK opposing lines.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

[QUOTE]From The Herald: " Wow. No. Way. 4-3? RT  @ kguregian : Ty Warren texted me saying the Pats were "going in a different direction defensively." i'm not even remotely sold on a 'switch' to base 43 (doesnt that minimize impact of spikes+mayo+fork?) but maybe you guys are on to something
    Posted by andrewmcintosh[/QUOTE]

I'm tell ya, I smell another stud coming.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

[QUOTE]Maybe BB is looking to move to a base 4 man front and TY doesn't fit what he needs?
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

wow.... what a thought?  I always like 4-3 more anyways.. I can't lie, but what do I know anyways?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tommythetulip. Show tommythetulip's posts

Part of the savings will be used to re-sign Matt Light.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from USMCM1A1. Show USMCM1A1's posts

Wow, yea this blew me away too.  The Crumpler and Kakzur cuts make some sense: cutting Crumpler saves $2m in cap space, and Kakzur is $3m.  Cutting Ty Warren saves us a whopping $203,106. 

It's not about money.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Going-the-Distance. Show Going-the-Distance's posts

only surprise is Ty Warren, otherwise these cuts make sense...undoubtedly, more moves to follow as roster is still in a complete state of flux...perhaps a run @ Cullen Jenkins or Osi (if they do indeed switch to a 4-3)?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlderbutWiser. Show OlderbutWiser's posts

Dallas Cowboys making offer to Warren.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

If they are switching to a 43 they are putting a ton of faith into Haynesworth. Without Haynesworth's head in the game and competing then a 43 will not work. That's a lot of faith to put into a guy that's been known to quit on the field

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

Apparently Warren failed both his physical and conditioning test at some point this week...not sure what that means in the grand scheme of things, but it obviously didn't help his case

edit: MVP, all reports are that the Light deal is nearly done, so I kinda doubt they'd make all these roster moves for him...Mankins perhaps, though talk about an under the radar extension if that is the case

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

Mankins signing a long-term deal would actually HELP the Pats' cap situation.  They don't need to clear room to sign him to a long-term deal.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BradyHasMoreRings. Show BradyHasMoreRings's posts

[QUOTE]Ty Warren is better then Ellis and G Warren so that would be a stupid move IMO. But thats just my opinion and my opinion means sh*t to the team LOL

Ty Warren apparently failed his physical and conditioning test

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

Warren, Kaz and Crump clear about $5.3MM off the cap.  I wonder if another big splash is in the works or if the savings will be used to sign Light.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanGermany. Show PatsFanGermany's posts

If they do go to a 4-3, I guess that makes sense why they didn't draft an OLB.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Couple co-workers were at camp taking a look around. They said from a distance Warren looked quite heavy with his waist out to the top of his chest. If that's the case then the year off only hurt his conditioning as he chose to put on a fair amount of weight. He needed to come in in shape. (if this is the case)

He may not be ready for football either (hip wise) so I do agree with those that think he could be re-signed and activated at a point in the season when he's ready to go. Although hip injuries have taken down many a good player over the years so his return was never a lock.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

Well, the way I see it, its not a cap cut( regarding Ty) as it only saves about 200k.

Was he out of shape? Injury a problem?

Or are we going to a 4-3 base front?

We have Big Vince, Fat Albert and Cunnigham who played 4-3 DE in college.
    Could we be going after Osi?

IMO, if BB gets Osi we are indeed flipping to a 4-3.

My only issue with this would be how we would use Spikes. Mayo and Guyton are fast enough to play 4-3 OLB, Spikes Im not so sure about at any 4-3 LB spots.

Maybe Im thinking too far into this and this was just a cut based on Ty Warren's health/conditioning post injury not being where it should be and us possibly resigning him later on or going for Ellis. 

Either way, in BB I trust!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

[QUOTE]Ty Warren is better then Ellis and G Warren so that would be a stupid move IMO. But thats just my opinion and my opinion means sh*t to the team LOL

You can't say that though, because T. Warren is not healthy and they are.  A Hip injury is huge injury for a 300+ man.  We got some young guys that can step in and get the job done.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from slicksteve38. Show slicksteve38's posts

I called this Monday.....said that if Warren doesnt come and and "wow" the Pats, they will dump him......i'm thinking he didnt impress them much with his off season conditioning.  Frankly, this is a forgotten man anyways, he hs too many injury issues.....nice knowing you.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]Apparently Warren failed both his physical and conditioning test at some point this week...not sure what that means in the grand scheme of things, but it obviously didn't help his case edit: MVP, all reports are that the Light deal is nearly done, so I kinda doubt they'd make all these roster moves for him...Mankins perhaps, though talk about an under the radar extension if that is the case
    Posted by andrewmcintosh[/QUOTE]

My dad told me that there was a tape of him this offseason fishing where he couldn't walk (was walking like a penguin)

I can't imagine this being worth big bucks... no burst, then

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dfitzp. Show dfitzp's posts

I'm suprised that it is being reported that Ty Warren failed his conditioning test. I thought he would be in the best shape of his life. I read a few months ago that he was doing MMA training to get himself in the best possible shape for the coming year. Maybe it was just mostly talk. I know he spent a lot of time in Texas last year during the season, I think he got his degree. I was expecting him to be in great shape, I'm suprised Brace wasn't joining him.