Tyrann Mathieu

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

Tyrann Mathieu

Do we pick him up if he falls? He's got patriot reclaimation project written all over him. He also may be the best  corner in the draft. Discuss!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Re: Tyrann Mathieu

In response to danemcmenamin's comment:

Do we pick him up if he falls? He's got patriot reclaimation project written all over him. He also may be the best  corner in the draft. Discuss!

IMO, he's nowhere near the best CB in this draft off field issues or not.  Don't get me wrong, I like his aggression, tenacity, but overall I think he's limited at the NFL level due to his size, though he could be a solid nickel corner/special teamer.  If he's there in Rd 7, I'd be very interested.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from looneyman. Show looneyman's posts

In response to danemcmenamin's comment:

I know he had the drug issues but so did Hernandez.

I would use our third on him, based on talent he is worth it. If he does not work out it was

only a 3rd round pick. We waste more 2nd round picks than that.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

Yeah i agree his size is a major issue, he's no shut down corner but then again you never know how players will turn out and he seems to have some special physical attributes and an eye for stripping the ball. I'd take him in the 3rd as well, he couldn't be worse than Arrington and Cole. I'm real sick of Arrington, I also feel sorry for the guy he seems to practice hard and tries what he can to maximize his talents but he can't hang with the big boys at all 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

regardless of the off field stuff, he is not even a 3rd rounder based on his body of work and size. people are not happy with Arrington, who is a good slot cover guy, and Cole, who is a good dime back, but they are still head and shoulders ahread of Mathieu. Men vs Boys.

plus Demps was signed for the return game, which is probably going to be Mathieu's forte in the NFL

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

The size issue really is a major one, I duno man i'm just making some conversation it's better than talking about what went wrong on sunday over and over. I've just seen Arrington ran a 4.4 at the combine the same time as Torrey Smith and alot faster than Boldin's 4.7. So someone please tell me why this guy can't keep pace with anyone we play? I've heard of guys who have football speed, is he the opposite as in does he play slower on the football field than he runs on the track?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

If he takes a Dennard type of drop I'd love to give him a shot. Even in the back of the 5th 6th area (provided a trade to get a pick) I'd grab him. But, I wouldn't touch him any sooner. Better options with less risk earlier like McFadden or Rhodes

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

The Honey Badger toks What he Wants, When he Wants..Kick And Punt Returns Maybe..