Tyrann Mathieu

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxpatscelts25. Show soxpatscelts25's posts

Tyrann Mathieu

http://nesn.com/2013/03/tyrann-mathieu-says-patriots-seemed-very-interested-during-nfl-combine-grilled-him-with-questions/

I havent seen another post about this so I was just wondering what you all thought. Good fit? Bad fit? No doubt the kid has issues but he plays hard, makes dynamic plays, and has a different type of intensity while he is on the field that you didnt see from guys that we have drafted before. like terence wheatley and those garbage draft picks. I would take a late round flyer on him. what do you all think?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Re: Tyrann Mathieu

Keep your distance, yes he was bounced around here awhile back.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

I'm all for it as a depth, 4th CB guy to add competition to the position. The guy is an absolute playmaker and has a nose for the ball. He'd bring some attitude to the defense as well. Between Dennard and Talib, along with Arrington in the slot I think the CB position is solidified for now.

But Mathieu for depth in a passing league, and to fill in if Talib or Dennard went down for a few weeks... that'd be great.

Hearing his interview on NFLN the other day, he sounded like a pretty bright guy and sounded like he really understood the issues he had and has a plan in place to help himself going forward.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

I'm not opposed to Mathieu if he's available on Day 3, but I think he's a slot CB (with return ability) only at the NFL level, so if they're going to target a CB in this draft, Ihope it's one that'll be able to make a living on the outside.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

guys take a look at Dj Hayden

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to PATSchampsSB's comment:

I take it you liked what you saw? ha.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:

In response to PATSchampsSB's comment:

I take it you liked what you saw? ha.

I liked a lot, this is a Corner, I`m only concerned about his injury, but this kid is a monster

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from moskk. Show moskk's posts

In response to dreighver's comment:

I'm all for it as a depth, 4th CB guy to add competition to the position. The guy is an absolute playmaker and has a nose for the ball. He'd bring some attitude to the defense as well. Between Dennard and Talib, along with Arrington in the slot I think the CB position is solidified for now.

But Mathieu for depth in a passing league, and to fill in if Talib or Dennard went down for a few weeks... that'd be great.

Hearing his interview on NFLN the other day, he sounded like a pretty bright guy and sounded like he really understood the issues he had and has a plan in place to help himself going forward.

I saw his performance in the combine and was especially impressed with how smooth and effortless he made things look. I knew then that we HAD to draft him, even if it meant climbing into the late 2nd round.

Unfortunately, I also saw his interview and came away wondering if he's so infatuated with drugs that he won't be able to shake the habit. Having been introduced to drugs at age 12 (by a family member) he admitted that he longed for weekends when he could do drugs with his friends. It was their form of entertainment and getting past that was going to be hard for him. Yes he was going to "try" to overcome the temptations but "established patterns of behavior are difficult to change". He felt that whoever drafted him could assign someone to watch over him to keep him away from drugs!

This last request absolutely sealed it for me. Note he felt too weak to fight the drug temptation himself   so he thinks he needs someone to watch over him? Hardly an indication that he has grown up enough that he recognizes that the responsiblity for his behavior belongs to him and not a 3rd party "assigned to watch over him"!

Tragic waste of talent in an immature KID!