Tyrone McKenzie

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from vafan2004. Show vafan2004's posts

Tyrone McKenzie

He was credited with 3 tackles against the Falcons.  He is healthy this year.  Anyone have any thoughts as to whether he'll contribute this year?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Re: Tyrone McKenzie

Not to diss on the kid but he looked more lost, then not, to me.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tagandtrade. Show tagandtrade's posts

He may have a chance because he has the work ethic and the ability to grasp the play book.

I think he is going to have a place just because BB is sick of carrying Eric Alexander. Alexander is injury prone an he has only started 1 game in five years make way with him and give Mckenzie a year or two to create his niche.

He does not look lost, he looks like he is in the wrong scheme, he is a 43 strongs side backer. When i watched him closely it looked like he was having trouble shedding blocks and this defense is a MANS defense MLB's have to be good getting off there blocks.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LittleLazJunior. Show LittleLazJunior's posts

I remember that Bill B was pretty hype on this kid before he got hurt last year. He should at least have some sort of knowledge of the defense, lets just hope he can put his time off to good use and see where his physical skills develope.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

"He does not look lost, he looks like he is in the wrong scheme"

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LittleLazJunior. Show LittleLazJunior's posts

In Response to Re: Tyrone McKenzie:
    [QUOTE]"He does not look lost, he looks like he is in the wrong scheme"
    Posted by Tcal2[/QUOTE]

Ummmm, isnt that kinda like the same thing?...just askin!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

[QUOTE]Sorry should not have stated the obvious ......... you're retarded Sorry bad habit In Response to Re: Tyrone McKenzie :
    Posted by tagandtrade[/QUOTE]

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

I'll take him over Alexander any day.

Don't forget he hasn't had many reps at ILB in the same scheme going back to college.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

This thread is the first place I've seen anything knocking McKenzies play
    (Up to now I thought it was just me that thought his play left much to be desired )

He seems like a great guy and all but until he shows some fire...  I'm just not a fan.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LittleLazJunior. Show LittleLazJunior's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tyrone McKenzie :
    Posted by Tcal2[/QUOTE]
    HOLLY CRAAAAP! Does this pet happen to belong to Roger Clemens ????? Now we know where he dumped the Roids in his back yard! Someone call Congress....Quick!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TroyBrown80. Show TroyBrown80's posts

Can we let the guy settle in?  Everyone isn't going to be Spikes, and maybe he needs some time.  Get him in some sub packages, let him acclimate a bit, he will be fine.  Or not.  Next year, make the decision.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

He's fourth on the depth chart. Leave him be. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

The kid’s really a rookie (albeit an older one) as he lost his rookie year to a knee injury. So factoring in it takes at least two years for many players to become comfortable with the Patriots Defense it may well take McKenzie most of this season to settle in. You won’t know what you really have until next year. That being said I have seen enough of Alexander that I believe McKenzie should stick. He has a very strong character and good personal tangibles that the Pats like. Let's give him a fair shot.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

I thought he made the tackles he was supposed to when he was out there...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

He looks good to me. Seems to be always around the ball.

I know this thread is about contribution this year but to others who have mentioned him being cut. I just can't see that. He's basically a rookie who hasn't played yet after missing his rookie season on IR.

Given all the years the pats have devoted to other past players like Chad Jackson, Shawn Crable, etc. I can't imagine they would turn around and be hasty with this kid.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macrawn. Show Macrawn's posts

If healthy he will contribute. If he stays healthy over the next couple years there is no doubt he will develop into an above average ilb. It should be interesting if Spikes becomes even better. Spikes has the intangibles that are so hard to measure that could make him into an elite ilb. 

Alexander was just a special teams player never really on the roster for ilb. They did use him against Peyton Manning for speed a few times I recall. They may still keep Alexander for special teams but I don't know what kind of space they have left. He's probably gone in favor of getting the younger players on the roster. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronk1. Show ronk1's posts

What is the sense of posting how many starts Alexander has? He is a special teams player, and a good one at that. Seems to me that McKenzie might have to show some special teams talent to stick. If he is 4th or 5th on the depth chart at ILB he will need to contribute elsewhere

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_2980256. Show user_2980256's posts

I think we need to give the kid a chance to show what he can or can't do.   Has not played enough for even the Almighty BB to make an honest assesment! Never mind all you so-called football experts out there in GlobeLand!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macrawn. Show Macrawn's posts

[QUOTE]What is the sense of posting how many starts Alexander has? He is a special teams player, and a good one at that. Seems to me that McKenzie might have to show some special teams talent to stick. If he is 4th or 5th on the depth chart at ILB he will need to contribute elsewhere
    Posted by ronk1[/QUOTE]

He's not 4th or 5th on the depth chart he's competing for the other starting spot. Either Spikes or McKenzie will earn the starting ilb position. You might see another linebacker start the first couple of regular season games perhaps but I think that is unlikely given that both Spikes and McKenzie have played better at ILB than any other contenders. Mayo is the other starter. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronk1. Show ronk1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tyrone McKenzie : He's not 4th or 5th on the depth chart he's competing for the other starting spot. Either Spikes or McKenzie will earn the starting ilb position. You might see another linebacker start the first couple of regular season games perhaps but I think that is unlikely given that both Spikes and McKenzie have played better at ILB than any other contenders. Mayo is the other starter. 
    Posted by Macrawn[/QUOTE]
    Depth chart-ILB (1) Mayo (2) Guyton (3) Fletcher
                     ILB (1) Spikes (2) Alexander/Mckenzie
    Math adds up that Mckenzie is either #4 or #5 and unless he plays well on ST's could be a casualty

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macrawn. Show Macrawn's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tyrone McKenzie : Depth chart-ILB (1) Mayo (2) Guyton (3) Fletcher                  ILB (1) Spikes (2) Alexander/Mckenzie Math adds up that Mckenzie is either #4 or #5 and unless he plays well on ST's could be a casualty
    Posted by ronk1[/QUOTE]

Probably Spikes is ahead of McKenzie due to his play but Alexander simply isn't the #2 guy behind Spikes. AND McKenzie is ahead of Guyton as for as depth goes. 

Both Guyton and Alexander are 3rd down linebackers at best which puts Mayo Spikes and McKenzie as your real #1,2,and 3 for depth. Guyton may play more at the start of the year due to lack of experience but by game 4 you will understand who your 1,2, and 3 guys are as listed above. 

Just to put it in a very clear way if we had to cut everyone but 3 linebackers, you would have Mayo, Spikes and McKenzie on the roster. They are your 3 best linebackers. Guyton is just kinda covering a spot until those guys learn. He isn't a starter quality linebacker, just a filler until you find someone better ie Spikes and McKenzie so you cut Guyton and Alexander without question if you had to.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from tagandtrade. Show tagandtrade's posts

Looks like i got together with a squirrel..., weird

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tyrone McKenzie :
    Posted by Tcal2[/QUOTE]

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tagandtrade. Show tagandtrade's posts

Dane Fletcher may be viewed as the thumper but i am not sure they need two guys that only play 2 downs like Spikes.

Mayo, fits best on our weak side but has played the strong side the past two years.

Guyton, best nickel dime guy we have on the roster

Spikes, run stuffing thumper like Ted Johnson

McKenzie, his skills are similar to Mayo's but he appears to perform very well on goal line in practice so that may be his niche...

My rotation on the inside is as follows;

Mayo/Mckensie = WILB
    Guyton = Nickel
    Spikes = SILB

Alexander = cut
    Fletcher = waive, Practice squad
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tyrone McKenzie : Depth chart-ILB (1) Mayo (2) Guyton (3) Fletcher                  ILB (1) Spikes (2) Alexander/Mckenzie Math adds up that Mckenzie is either #4 or #5 and unless he plays well on ST's could be a casualty
    Posted by ronk1[/QUOTE]

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

McKenzie is ok but all of a sudden BB has a good linebacking corps.  Somebody has to play backup.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronk1. Show ronk1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tyrone McKenzie : Probably Spikes is ahead of McKenzie due to his play but Alexander simply isn't the #2 guy behind Spikes. AND McKenzie is ahead of Guyton as for as depth goes.  Both Guyton and Alexander are 3rd down linebackers at best which puts Mayo Spikes and McKenzie as your real #1,2,and 3 for depth. Guyton may play more at the start of the year due to lack of experience but by game 4 you will understand who your 1,2, and 3 guys are as listed above.  Just to put it in a very clear way if we had to cut everyone but 3 linebackers, you would have Mayo, Spikes and McKenzie on the roster. They are your 3 best linebackers. Guyton is just kinda covering a spot until those guys learn. He isn't a starter quality linebacker, just a filler until you find someone better ie Spikes and McKenzie so you cut Guyton and Alexander without question if you had to.
    Posted by Macrawn[/QUOTE]
    Probably Spikes is ahead of McKenzie? I think you need to upgrade probably to definately Spikes will start unless Guyton comes back and is lights out.
    Also, check the game this week. Alexander is playing on all 4 special team sets, Mckenzie is playing in only one.
    I keep reading the Pats will be upgraded on ST's. But if they keep 3 TE's, and extra OL, and that additional DB, then someone has to come off of the 53 man roster. Might have to be McKenzie.