U mad Bro?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4160947. Show user_4160947's posts

U mad Bro?

The gutsy win in Baltimore and all the last second heroics of the Pats this year has to be evidence of something special about this year's team.  Ninkovich is a good example.  He has always been steady and consistent.  In big games, though he seems to make huge plays.  I have been critical of Mankins for 2 years, but moving him outside (by accident) has rejuvenated him.  He more agile and is moving in space better.  I thought Hightower had serious bust potential, looking very sluggish at times.  The past 2 weeks he has definitely found another gear.  Surprisingly, with VW and TK out, our interior D has been pretty stout.  Actually, I think it is part of the Jedi mind-trap that is BB.  He is begging opponents to run and attack our middle.  Then our big LBs swoop in and clamp down on the run.  It seems to me, this is the classic pincer manouver on the battlefield that derives from Hannibal.  The upside of this is that offenses are going away from the pass.  However, don't look now but we have a stable full of athletic, ball-hawking DBs.  Talib has great cover skills.  Maybe Gregory is a little small for SS, but he must have good instincts because he is always close enough to disrupt plays.  Ryan lools like a natural with good jump and good cover skills.  Dennard has been slowed but expect him to round into form.  DMC has been steady.  Even Arrington shows poise and jump in the intermediate zones.

Basically, I think this team is playing with purpose and poise.  No matter what the circumstances, which includes the loss of many starters, they find a way to win.  It may be wishful thinking but this group of fighters is primed for a deep run.  I think they'll defeat Denver going away.   Then they dispose of Seattle, which I think is a paper tiger.  They are this year's soup de jour that BB will completely annihilate with a defensive gem.  The blueprint was exposed this past weekend.  Stop Marshawn Lynch and play tight man on the receivers.  TB will play like a man possessed because he has nursed a grudge from last year's loss in Seattle when Richard Sherman had the audicity to scream in TB's ear and then Tweet about it.  Tom will simply say I don't get mad, I get even.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Re: U mad Bro?

love your optimism but when you say "Surprisingly, with VW and TK out, our interior D has been pretty stout," it makes me think you dont even watch the games! At least your not asking to put Ryan Mallet at WR......

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from HelmetofLeather. Show HelmetofLeather's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:

love your optimism but when you say "Surprisingly, with VW and TK out, our interior D has been pretty stout," it makes me think you dont even watch the games! At least your not asking to put Ryan Mallet at WR......

Ha!!! 

Guiness......Thats Stout

Near Beer...Until recently.......Us

I'll take amber with a pass rush and be real pleased

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Good Post. Anything can happen and Arizona just knocked off Seattle at home and they arent exactly a juggernaut. San Fran almost lost to the Falcons last night and Carolina beat us earlier so Im always confident in BB for the Rematch games....Lets just enjoy it and not get caught up in expectations and predictions yet...I dont want to ruin a great season from a great group of players...