UD6

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

UD6

I kid, I kid....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Re: UD6

Cowboys if anything.. and then you'll guys get Romo... that's how I see the Manning situation going down. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

You guys invested a hell of a lot in Sanchez. It will take a lot to pry him loose after that.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Wer- Anything's possible.  I've got my opinion on the subject, but I am not naive. 

At a very basic level, I can't see why the colts wouldn't draft Luck, and I haven't seen them play well enough to win any games. 

At the same time I don't see the colts giving up on Manning if he can play.  That said, I don't know that they are going to accept the bonus payment he is due given the fragility of his current health.  I think the colts will demand Manning restructure.  If he balks, they will let him go. 

If he agrees and appears to be healthy, I think the colts either have 2 great QB's or one great qb and a slew of draft picks. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

In Response to Re: UD6:
    [QUOTE]Cowboys if anything.. and then you'll guys get Romo... that's how I see the Manning situation going down. 
    Posted by Getzo[/QUOTE]

LMAO

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from patthepatriot666. Show patthepatriot666's posts

so now fans of the patriots sucky rivals are coming here to interact-

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]so now fans of the patriots sucky rivals are coming here to interact-
    Posted by patthepatriot666[/QUOTE]

And the devil is engaged. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

Manning to the Jets doesn't really make all that much sense.  Minnasota I could see - great running back, decent defense, play in a dome, etc.  Also, Minnasota is more likely to get higher draft picks.  What do the Jets have to offer?  Middling draft picks?  Good D, but stud RB?  Nope.  Maybe even Arizone might want to get in on Manning action - but I can't envision Manning wanting to go to the Jets, and he's made enough money, he could simply retire if the Colts pressed their hand.  I can see the Colts letting him go, but only for a really big haul of draft picks and someplace Manning's willing to go.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

How about that yound kid Brunell? How about giving him a shot as the starter next year if they can't get Steve Deberg in FA

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]Wer- Anything's possible.  I've got my opinion on the subject, but I am not naive.  At a very basic level, I can't see why the colts wouldn't draft Luck, and I haven't seen them play well enough to win any games.  At the same time I don't see the colts giving up on Manning if he can play.  That said, I don't know that they are going to accept the bonus payment he is due given the fragility of his current health.  I think the colts will demand Manning restructure.  If he balks, they will let him go.  If he agrees and appears to be healthy, I think the colts either have 2 great QB's or one great qb and a slew of draft picks. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

I don't think they can afford to pay TWO franchise QBs @$15mil/yr/apiece

I hope he ends up in Minnesota.  It's a team that's instantly ready for him

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: UD6 : And the devil is engaged. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

by the @s$wipes.  Good going.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: UD6 : I don't think they can afford to pay TWO franchise QBs @$15mil/yr/apiece I hope he ends up in Minnesota.  It's a team that's instantly ready for him
    Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188[/QUOTE]

Nick - as I said, Manning would have to relent on his contract.  I don't think that is outside the realm of possibility although I'd be unwiling to say it would be a probability.  Remember, it was Manning's demand that got his contract done, and likely for less his agent was demanding.  Manning's set financially, but he's on record as saying he doesn't believe in discounts.  That said, he now, imo, cares most about his legacy.  It would be bettter served in a colts uni than another.  Montana looked silly as a chief, for example. 

Finally, the new rookie salary structure won't require the colts to pay luck 15 million.  Cam Newton got a 4 yr 22 million contract. The colts could easily pay luck 6 per year while keeping Manning at 15.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

I thought 666 was the devil's number, right?  And it's easier to write "the devil" than patthepatriot666.  That's what he's going for with the moniker isn't it? 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

[QUOTE]I thought 666 was the devil's number, right?  And it's easier to write "the devil" than patthepatriot666.  That's what he's going for with the moniker isn't it? 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Dogg,

I'm not convinved that Indy's troubles are due solely to Peyton's absence...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Soups - I don't disagree with you, but the colts weren't perfect before.  I think if you watched them play you'd be surprised at how inept the offense has become with painter.  His first couple of games he showed flashes of competency.  Its commonly known that he's an excellent practice player, but on the field it has just fallen apart and now he is expected to be benched. 

If you saw the denver game the other night then you know how bad the denver o looked until that last drive.  Well painter can't be Tebow and run the spread and just decide to take the ball himself, so its continued ineptness.  Certainly the colts d is not as good as denvers.  They couldn't hold another team to multiple 3 and outs, but they really haven't ever been able to do that unless the opposition was forced to pass all of the time.  I guess my point is that the colts have the same problems theyve had for the past few years.  pourous d line.  injured secondary.  oline made up of makeshift players.  yet, 2 years ago the team went 14-0 (although not in the most pretty fashion).  Last year they were 10-6 with the most injured team in football, and this year they would likely be 6-4 and an argument could be made that they'd be 7-3. 

They are not perfect but a healthy manning would require defenses to do things differently against the colts. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Nice post, Dogg.  Agreed.  As much as I love NE, I really do sympathize with Indy's plight right now.  Su cks to lose a QB, and I hope he's able to come back from this. 
    No matter what, this guy has been the real deal for a long time now, and I'd hate to see it end like that.  Don't get me wrong...it's nice not to have to worry about the Colts, no offense.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: UD6 : Nick - as I said, Manning would have to relent on his contract.  I don't think that is outside the realm of possibility although I'd be unwiling to say it would be a probability.  Remember, it was Manning's demand that got his contract done, and likely for less his agent was demanding.  Manning's set financially, but he's on record as saying he doesn't believe in discounts.  That said, he now, imo, cares most about his legacy.  It would be bettter served in a colts uni than another.  Montana looked silly as a chief, for example.  Finally, the new rookie salary structure won't require the colts to pay luck 15 million.  Cam Newton got a 4 yr 22 million contract. The colts could easily pay luck 6 per year while keeping Manning at 15.
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Salary-wise it is feasible to keep both then, but if they're serious about winning with one of the QBs, they need to trade the other one to fill all of the other holes on the team.  The way I see it:
    - /> There are more holes than one draft could hope to fix.  As much as Manning's average 2.3 second release time and pinpoint accuracy/timing helped mask their weaknesses, they have no line and no runningbacks; also, they have no interior defensive linemen, one good linebacker, middling cornerbacks, and one good safety.
    - /> If Manning is the choice, they can't afford to wait to build a team through multiple drafts like they have in the past, so they need to stock up for now for all the reasons I just mentioned
    - /> If Luck is the choice, then trade Manning and put an offensive line in front of Luck so he can survive; neither quarterback will last long running for their lives if they go with the understudy system, and without the extra picks to restock the team the QB will have to win a lot of shootouts