Underwood

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from oh-my-beard. Show oh-my-beard's posts

Underwood

I wasn't able to watch the game... Had to follow along on NFL.com

How much was Underwood on the feild. I know he was the intended receiver in the end zone and he only had one catch, but was he on the feild more or less than Ocho? Did he get any kind of seperation? Anyone know?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Re: Underwood

Ochocinco:  1 reception for 15 yards.  That is why Underwood is playing.  A real mystery - but 85 is an absolute mess.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from oh-my-beard. Show oh-my-beard's posts

In Response to Re: Underwood:
    [QUOTE]Ochocinco:  1 reception for 15 yards.  That is why Underwood is playing.  A real mystery - but 85 is an absolute mess.
    Posted by Schumpeters-Ghost[/QUOTE]
    Good insight. But doesn't answer my question.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Underwood : Good insight. But doesn't answer my question.
    Posted by oh-my-beard[/QUOTE]

Read the stinking box score!  What are you?  Lazy?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mooney12. Show Mooney12's posts

ocho can't produce if he doesn't play

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

Not sure why Ocho was not targeted for more... he was targeted once, had good separation and converted a 3rd and long. But, did not see him after that...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

Given the outburst by OC O'Brien, I'm starting to think Brady doesn't want to throw to 85.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

I don't think i've seen Ocho on the field inside the 20s once this season.  That's how you know he's lost.....I hope that changes, but at this point i'm not sure why that would be the case.  It's a real shame, that out he ran today was a sweet thing to watch, the talent is still there.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dogbones. Show dogbones's posts

Brady is under a lot of pressure, he is carrying the whole team and it beginning to show. His judgement and passing has become erratic. He only has faith in a couple of receivers. His field of vision is narrowing down. OB frustration shows how much off the mark Brady is. It isn't fair for one person to carry the team. He needs a running game and half as defense to help carry run the team or he'll crack. At this rate at best they're one and out in the play offs

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

It looks like everyone wants to discuss Ocho more than answering your question, so I'll answer it.

Underwood did nothing spectacular. He was basically the 3rd or 4th receiver out there. I didn't try to keep track, but it seemed to me like Underwood was out there more than Ocho. He was also out there during the Patriots no-huddle/2-minute drive. Ocho was not.

Right now, it seems like Underwood is just another body out there. The catches he grabbed, anyone could've made.

Brady actually lofted a pass to Underwood on 3rd and goal on our last drive, so I guess Brady has some confidence in the guy. Unfortunately, the Redskins corner stepped in front and intercepted the pass.

As for separation, obviously it's hard to judge on TV because the camera follows the ball, so they don't show what happens downfield until the ball is thrown. I'll say this, if Underwood had consistent separation, I'm sure Brady would've found him more.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from olivern. Show olivern's posts

He gets some separation - seems to have decent speed.

It seemed like Brady took something off the interception throw to make it a little easier to catch - maybe his hands are a little suspect or the trust isn't there yet...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

[QUOTE]He gets some separation - seems to have decent speed.
    Posted by olivern[/QUOTE]

Forgot to mention that. Yeah, he does seem to have good speed, maybe the best of our receiving corp, but so did Brandon Tate.

On that end-zone pick throw, I'm not really sure what Brady saw there. Underwood wasn't really open. You'd have to throw a dart into a small space for that to have a chance, and Brady floated it. My guess is that Underwood wasn't supposed to be that deep in the end zone, because if you look at it, Underwood was pretty much toeing the back line. I think he was supposed to be 1-2 yards off the back line and Brady lobbed it up so that Underwood could jump up and grab it. But because he was so far back, the pass fell right into an area where the defender could catch it.

Based off of general impressions, I didn't think much of Underwood. He is what his role on this team is: a 3rd/4th string receiver.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from IraqSteve. Show IraqSteve's posts

There was defensive hold on that Underwood play (Brady's INT) that was a missed call.  The jersey was cleary being pulled - and I'm amazed the refs missed that.

What's with Underwood's 1990's flat-top? Is that for real???  Did he just watch Cuba Gooding Jr in Boyz in the Hood?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from msteven. Show msteven's posts

Underwood was held.  This allowed the defender to step in front and intercept the pass.  There were several plays throughout the game that the receivers and Brady appeared to not be on the same page.  Hernandez, Gronk and Welker all had balls thrown to them in the endzone that fell incomplete.  There were a couple of throws to Branch and Welker that flat out missed the receivers.  It looked like Brady and his receivers were not on the same page more than once during the game.  This should not be happening at this time of the year.  I am beginning to think that maybe Brady is the problem and not the receivers.  Chad is an accomplished receiver but he is a non factor with the Patriots? Why?  Tate and Price were looking good when they were receiving throws from Hoyer but they cannot get on the field with Brady?  Why?  Vereen was supposed to be a receiving type of running back.  Where is he?  These questions need to be answered if the Patriots want more than a one and done in the playoffs.  Come playoff time Gronk and Welker will be double teamed.  The other receivers need to be targeted.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

From what I could see Branch was not on the field for the last 2 drives. This gave underwood his only snaps of the day. I believe ge was targeted 2 times. Catching one pass and the other the back of the end zone int. I didn't think it was holding, normal hand contact by a cb. To me it was clear Gronk was first option but covered. Great grab by the cb, I thought underwood could have played db and knocked the ball down. Ocho by my count got 3 snaps in the first half with one catch. No snaps 2 nd half.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Underwood was cleary held.  His jersey was stretched about two feet and the DB used the grab to pull himself in front of Underwood.  Badly blown call by the officials. 

But Brady should not have thrown that ball, either.  The coverage was way too tight for a floater.  I can't fault Underwood much, save for not making a better effort to knock away the ball.  Maybe he was counting on a flag to bail him.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In Response to Underwood:
    [QUOTE]I wasn't able to watch the game... Had to follow along on NFL.com How much was Underwood on the feild. I know he was the intended receiver in the end zone and he only had one catch, but was he on the feild more or less than Ocho? Did he get any kind of seperation? Anyone know?
    Posted by oh-my-beard[/QUOTE]

HE actually didn't look that bad. 

He was the IR in the end zone, but there was also an unflagged PI on that. The defender was beat and basically used Underwood's jersey to pull himself into the play on the crossing route.

TU has a little promise, I'll say that.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

I wonder if OCHO would have had better position...actually no I don't. He would have. The biggest mystery on this team is the refusal to run the ball and the fact that Ocho gets 6-8 snaps a game but almost always has a key route and catch, usually on a big 3rd down.

Chad Ochocinco should get an opportunity to help this football team, especially when throwing the ball is the only offense we use.