Upcoming Steelers game

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WelkerRules. Show WelkerRules's posts

Upcoming Steelers game

I just read under what they're saying on espn.boston.com this article had some clips from the Pitts. newspapers.

They did comment on how Brady has won the last several games against Pitts. but then made mention that Big Ben has won 3 straight and his connection with Mike Wallace and something about LaMar Woodley.

They said Ben was playing better then he has and of course Tom, and Welker will get it all coming to them so to speak.

I haven't watched Pitts. much this year. Anyone thing their is anything to worry about? and what would it be? Is it this Wallce and Ben thing?

Those who have watched Pitts play this year please comment.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Re: Upcoming Steelers game

Pitt's defense has not played well against the run this year in the majority of their games. playing well against the run has been a Steelers staple for decades so naturally that is a concern. Rothlesburger is making plays outside the pocket as he has done in the past, but there are still some questions on the offensive line. Pittsburgh knows  they have to win unless they want to face the ravens in Baltimore in what will be another AFC North bloodbath in the playoffs. The Steelers, like any playoff contender, would love to have homefield. So I expect them to be highly motivated against the Patriots.

Sorry if I came off like some amateur sports reporter, Welker rules.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Another pushover.  Next.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from WelkerRules. Show WelkerRules's posts

Nope you did not John. Appreciate your thoughts. With all this talk of people playing bad and losing after the "bye" this year I was wondering if anyone thinks that would be the case here. From the past the Pats do very well after the bye week and I think we have played the Steelers after it before.

I expect Tom and Co. to be full steam ahead and WIN this game in week 8

Go Pats!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mike-J-D. Show Mike-J-D's posts

I've seen almost all their games.  Wallace is the biggest threat.  Take him away and Ben doesn't really have any answers.  Make the QB make quick decisions in the pocket.  Just tackle well and eliminate the big play and their offense is nothing to write home about.  Defensively with them, just don't get suckered into playing lowbrow football.  Meaning, don't get into ego battle with them.  They don't seem to gameplan from team to team (i'm sure they do to some extent), they play the same against everyone.  So they can be outsmarted.  They're hard to beat if you play into their hands but a good gameplan and talent beats them.  Tom should cut them up like he always does, if he has some protection to get rid of the ball quickly.  Pit thrives on QB pressure... so minimize it and mix in the run to keep them on their toes.   It’s my theory that beating the Steelers isn't as hard as the league makes it out to be if you have a decent QB, composure and a gameplan that you stick to.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeffab. Show jeffab's posts

Pittsburgh has defeated the following: Seattle, Indy, Tennessee, Jacksonville, Arizona.  Not one of those teams is over .500.  They beat the Colts by a field goal, the very team we saw get hammered last night 62-7 and beat Jacksonville 17-13....yes, the same Jags that were pounded by the almighty Jets.  The Steelers are usually a tough team, but I think the Pats will create havoc for Big Ben and that Steelers 'D' should not be as feared as it once was.  Unless the Pats make dumb mistakes and beat themselves, they handle the Steelers.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

No question, in recent years Pats have done well against Pitt.  Pitt has run-stopping issues and, for a while at least, had O-line issues.  Not sure if that's been fully resolved.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

It is a home game for the Steelers... just like the Pats experienced in Buffalo.  This may be considered a "statement" game by the Steelers against the Pats given the teams they have defeated weren't exactly true challenges.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Only thing that keeps this close early is the home crowd.  Def. will have to combat that by running early regardless of results. I know you can spread Pitt out and pass on them, but to start out that way on the road could be dangerous. One strip sack and they'll be going crazy smelling blood in the water.

They could help themselves by dusting off the screen game, but not sure Faulk can/will play yet and it seems w/out him our screen game is gone, but all in all we know this. Our defense will have an easier time stopping them then they will trying to contain our offense. Dont give them the ball off turnovers and stick to what is working and we'll be fine.

I expect McCourty to be playing better after a bye week to slow down and asess his play and watch film.

Mayo may be coming back

Bodden and Ras I should be feeling better and we may have help coming on the d-line and Big Al shouldnt have gotten worse w/ no game this w/e.

I see an excited, refreshed, improved team going into Blitzburg w/confidence and I expect a big win!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

I worry about the NBA effect being felt in this game. I see that as the only reason the Pats don't win as long as Brady et. al. don't turn the ball over.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

This team was in the Super Bowl last year and might just be a little charged up considering what N.E. has done to them in recent years. 

I would expect a hard fought game for 4 quarters with turnovers being the deciding factor in a narrow Pats win. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

Tom Brady understands the Steelers defense very well, and their defense hasn't even been that great. Their offense is somewhat anemic. Bad offensive line, and really no receiving threat outside of Mike Wallace.

The only thing they have going for them is homefield advantage, and the intensity of a "statement" game. But when you consider the matchups, and how good we are coming out of a bye, I feel pretty confident about this one.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Only way this game is close is if the Pats send out the practice squad.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Steelers o-line is a wreck due to injuries. Pressure on Ben, contain Mendenhall, safety help on Wallace.
    I like the Pats O-line against the Steelers D-line as well. This should be a good game for Woodhead and Ridley to show.
    Pats 34-17

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from WelkerRules. Show WelkerRules's posts

I fully expect New England to win this and post at least 30 or more points on the board. Go Pats!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

Not worried, though its a home game, the Stoolers have not won a game against a team over .500. Their old defense will wilt when TB and company run the hurry up.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In Response to Re: Upcoming Steelers game:
    [QUOTE]Only way this game is close is if the Pats send out the practice squad.
    Posted by themightypatriotz[/QUOTE]

I can always count on Mighty to give me a good laugh.

But anyways, if the Pats limit the turnovers, which Brady has done over the past few years against the Stillers, I expect a double digit win. We need to get the run established EARLY considering that is the main weak point of this Stiller Defense.  If we do that, we mix in the play action and screen game which we use so well when we actually establish the run.  None of this BS spread formation to start the game. Hopefully O'Brien has actually watched film and knows that their Run D is awful. 

Having Mayo back, which is rumored to be true, will certainly help this D improve on their already back-to-back good performances.  Also, I'm assuming the Bye week has gotten Big Al, Bodden, and Ras-I some much needed rest and recovery time so I expect to see them in some serious game action.

Here's to the Pats continuing their dominance over this overrated squad who hasn't beat a team with a winning record all season.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Closer game than usual against these guys but I just can't see them doing enough to slow down Brady. Only way Pittsburgh wins is if Mendenhall has himself a huge game

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurupt. Show Kurupt's posts

Anybody think Lamarr Woodley will be a factor in this game? He looked amazing on sunday (granted, it was against the Cardinals, but still...) 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

Their plan will be to eliminate Mike Wallace which they can usually take out one guy they want. If that's done I don't see problems. They won't be able to keep on offense dinking and dunking.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

this game will be a no contest.  I see Pittsburgh as a team in decline maybe a year or two behind Indy.  The offensive line is sad even when healthy and the defense is showing it's age.  This is a team that's had issues drafting at the end of rounds just like Indy. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Wallace is scary. I'd double him at all times. McCourty or Arrington with Chung. Can't let him beat you.

Hines Ward is 35 and has lost a step. Bodden is 30 and has been getting back into the hang of it. I'd play him man to man on Hines, they are both about 6' 200 lbs, let the best vet win.

Heath Miller is very solid but not special like our TE's. He gets 3/40 a game. Our guys get 12/115. Even w/o Mayo (who may be back) I'd take Guyton and Spikes on Miller over the ancient Farrior and Foote on Gronk and Hernandez. Harrison is hurt and won't play.

Woodley will spend a lot of time rushing Brady and is very good, so it is going to be a big game for the young OT's. Vollmer better be back to 100%. Mankins and Waters will have a big game.

If BJGE POUNDS the ground, and they mix in a healthy Woodhead and ever improving Ridley, againt a team that struggles vs. the run, we could see 150+ yards by those 3.

Our D-line is really gelling. It is just anyone at safety other than Chung, the McCourty soph slump and the pass-rush from OLB that keeps this D from being in the top 10.

Patriots 31 Steelers 23

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Brady typically carves up the zone-blitz and zone-exchanges that Pitt uses. They ran out of wrinkles for him a while ago. 

I don't think this one is very close.