UPDATED 2013 NFL DRAFT (4-21-13)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

UPDATED 2013 NFL DRAFT (4-21-13)

The draft is now just days away! As you regulars here know, every year I do a mock draft. I do it not so much to try to predict who goes where...but to ascertain who will be available for the Patriots with their late first round pick. Here's my updated, revised mock:

1.) KANSAS CITY CHIEFS: It really doesn't matter how good a teams' QB is, if he is not surrounded by at least a decent OL. The Chiefs have acquired Alex Smith. Now, it's time to find his body guards. Last years' starting LT, Brandon Albert, wants a ton of money. He'll likely play in KC for one more season...or will be traded. Though the Chiefs would love to be able to trade down...there will find no takers:  PICK: OT Luke Joeckel, Texas A&M;

2.) JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS: The Jags' pass rush last year was particularly pathetic. For the season, the Jags' "D" netted just 20 sacks. In the past, the Jags have tried and failed to fix this problem by spending high picks on the likes of Derrick Harvey and Quinton Groves. the Jags also have major problems in their secondary. Query: Should they risk rolling dice on another potentially great edge rusher, like a Dion Jordan, with the second overall pick...when there's a safe, solid pick like CB Dee Milliner available? Milliner is by far the best CB available in this class. Jordan has drawn comparisons to the 49ers' Aldon Smith. My choice likely would be Milliner. But, they'll choose: PICK: DE/OLB Dion Jordan, Oregon;

3.) OAKLAND RAIDERS: Defensive linemen Richard Seymour, Tommy Kelly, and Desmond Bryant are gone. Even the late, great Uncle Al could figure out what needs to be done with the third overall pick: PICK: DT Sharrif Floyd, Florida;

4.) PHILADELPHIA EAGLES: Yes...the Eagles are really going with Michael Vick for yet another season. Vick is giving Patriots' CB Ras-I Dowling a run for his money as the most brittle player in the NFL. Though getting Vick a top body guard is a must, everybody knows that Vick is just a stop gap QB: PICK: QB Geno Smith, West Virginia;

5.) DETROIT LIONS: Their starting LT, Jeff Backus, has retired. Starting RT, Gosder Cherilus, has moved on through free agency. Like Michael Vick, Lions' QB Matthew Stafford has been getting murdered. So, if Eric Fisher is still available, taking him seems to make a lot of sense. Unless Stafford gets' better protected, he won't last another two years in the league. But, the Lions also lost DE Cliff Avril through free agency...and their other starting DE, the ancient veteran, Kyle Vanden Bosch, has been released. So, detroit will choose between Fisher and DE Ezekial Ansah: PICK: OT Eric Fisher, Central Michigan, BYU;

6.) MIAMI DOLPHINS (from CLEVELAND BROWNS): Both Miami and San Diego will try to move up, to snare OT Lane Johnson. Let's say, Miami trades it's 12th overal pick plus to move up: PICK: OT Lane Johnson, Oklahoma;

7.) ARIZONA CARDINALS: Now that the Cards have signed on the statue that is Carson Palmer as their QB, it's imperative that something be done to improve their leaky OL. But, with the top three OTs gone, the Cards will add to their defense instead. DT/DE Star Lotulelei has a chance to develop into a beast. He and Calais Campbell would make quite a pair of 3-4 DEs: PICK: DE/DT Star Lotulelei, Utah;

8.) BUFFALO BILLS: The signing of QB Kevin Kolb surely sent shivers through the bones of BB, and tingled the Buffalo faithful. Though there doesn't appear to be a QB worth taking with the 8th overall pick...QB remains the Bills' number one need: PICK: QB Ryan Nassib, Syracuse;

9.) N.Y. JETS: The Green Goblins have more holes than a sweater left for 5 years in a moth infested closet. Rex Ryan will search for that every elusive impact edge pass-rusher. But, after trasding away CB Darrelle Revis: PICK: CB Dee Milliner, Alabama;

10.) TENNESSEE TITANS: The Titans continue to fantasize that they actually have a franchise QB in Jake Locker...LOL!! They had better find a way to beef up their OL...and get that running game going: PICK: OG Chance Warmack, Alabama;

11.) SAN DIEGO CHARGERS: Philip Rivers has drastically regressed as a QB. Rivers has lost his top weapons...Vincent Jackson, Darren Sproles, and Ladainian Tomlinson. Star TE Antonio Gates is in decline. He also plays behing a horrid OL: PICK: OG Jonathan Cooper, North Carolina;

12.) CLEVELAND BROWNS (from Miami Dolphins): Defensive coordinator Ray Horton has moved on from the Arizona Cardinals, to the Browns. Though Horton ran a 3-4 "D" in Arizona, Cleveland played a 4-3 last season. Whether Horton goes 4-3 or 3-4, he prefers an aggressive style of defense. a good edge pass-rusher would seem to make a lot of sense. PICK: DE Ezekila Ansah, BYU;

13.) NEW YORK JETS (from Tampa Bay Buccaneers): The Jets have parted with Revis Island, and replaced him with C Dee Milliner. Now, the decision falls between QB E.J. Manuel,  OLB  Jarvis Jones, Sheldon Richardson, and RT D.J. Fluker. PICK: QB E.J. Manuel, Florida State;

14.) CAROLINA PANTHERS: Pity QB Cam Newton. He's a great talent. But, he has no weapons to work with. His best option, WR Steve Smith, is 34 years old. To make matters worse, his OL is average at best. But, on the defensive side of the ball, the Panthers are marshmellowy soft in the middle: PICK: DT Sheldon Richardson, Missouri;

15.) NEW ORLEANS SAINTS: Though the Saints OL needs an addition at OT, their defense is terrible. They are switching to a 3-4 defense this year. The NT and OLB positions need to be addressed: PICK: DE/OLB Barkevious Mingo, LSU;

16.) St. LOUIS RAMS: Though I still have my doubts about Rams' QB Sam Bradford, this this is a young squad, that appears on the rise: PICK: FS Kenny Vaccaro, Texas;

17.) PITTSBURGH STEELERS: Father time clearly has caught up with the Steeler defense. DE James Harrison and Brett Keisel are gone. Safeties Troy Palamalu and Ryan Clark will turn age 32 and 34, respectively. The Steelers could use an impact player on defense: PICK: OLB Jarvis Jones, Georgia;

18.) DALLAS COWBOYS: Jerry Jones just shelled out a ton of money to retain QB Tony Romo. Though a horrid general manager, Jones is an astute business man. He'll strive to protect his investment in Romo: PICK RT D.J. Fluker, Alabama;

19.) N.Y. GIANTS: The G-men need help at OT, ILB, CB, and DE. Though a pass rusher is always high on their list, their defense struggled mightily against the run last season. MLB Chase Blackburn has been chased out of town: PICK: MLB Alec Ogletree, Georgia;

20.) CHICAGO BEARS: Brian Urlacher is worn down, and was justifiably, but sadly, , released. His replacement must be found. Da Bears also need help on the DL, OL, and at slot receiver: PICK: MLB Manti Te'o, Notre Dame;

21.) CINCINNATI BENGALS: The Bengals need a playmaker on both offense and defense. Between us girls, they also need a QB. I don't see Andy Dalton as the answer for them. He's average at best: PICK: FS Eric Reid, LSU;

22.) ST. LOUIS RAMS (from Washington): Jeff Fisher continues to build a contender, thanks in part to the RG 3 trade. Though I'm not sold on QB Sam Bradford, having a mediocre at best OL hasn't made life in the league any easier for him. Sam also needs weapons at WR and at RB, now that the dependable Stephen Jackson has moved on: PICK: WR Cordarelle Patterson, Tennessee; 

23.) MINNESOTA VIKINGS: Don't be fooled by the Vikings' strong 2012 season. RB Adrian Peterson carried his team, and his very mediocre QB, on his back all of last season. History seems to indicate that, due to wear and tear caused from having such a huge season, there's a major drop off. Check out how quickly RBs LaDainian Tomlinson, Chris Johnson, and Shaun Alexander seemed to wear down, after having their huge seasons. Peterson needs an occasional respite by way of an aerial attack. With Percy Harvin gone, that won't be easy. The Vikes also have needs at DT and at CB. PICK: WR DeAndre Hopkins, Clemson;

24.) INDIANAPOLIS COLTS: Andrew Luck has proven himself to be a worthy successor to the Denver Horseface. You may recall how Bill Polian built a powerhouse in Indy by surrounding Peyton Manning with a glut of weapons...to the detriment of his defense. But, head coach Chuck Pagano is a defense first type of guy. The AFC South is a Q challenged division. Tennessee, Jacksonville, and Houston would rather run the ball than throw it. For this reason, he'll likely deviate from following the Polian plan: PICK: DT Sylvester Williams, North Carolina;

25.) MINNESOTA VIKINGS (from Seattle Seahawks): Now that the Vikes reached for Hopkins, they can move on to address needs on the defensive side of the ball. Ancient CB, Antoine Winfield must be replaced: PICK: CB Xavier Rhodes, Florida State;

26.) GREEN BAY PACKERS: For an 11-5 team, the Packers seem to have an inordinate amount of holes. They need help on the OL, DL, and RB. In particular, the Pack seeks a pass-rusher to compliment Clay Matthews: PICK: DE/OLB Bjoern Werner, Florida State;

27.) HOUSTON TEXANS: Losing LB Brian Cushing last season seemed to take the starch out of the Texans. Nonetheless, a WR to compliment the aging Andre Johnson seems to be their most pressing need: PICK: WR Justin Hunter, Tennessee;

28.) DENVER BRONCOS: The Denver Horsefaces won't be held hostage by DE Dwight Freeney. The veteran reportedly seeks a two year, $6mil. deal. Nobody is going to pay Freeney that kind of money. So...he'll either have to lower his demands, or retire. Denver  must choose between a pass-rusher abd a CB. They must be haunted by the fact that Ravens' WR Jacoby Jones somehow get free and clear behind their defense, in the closing minutes of the OT playoff loss to the Ravens. They must also be concerned at how badly Ravens' WR Torrey Smith torched the aging Champ Bailey: PICK: DE Tank Carradine, Florida State;

29.) NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS: I suspect that the Pats' and the Cleveland Browns will work out some sort of trade for QB Ryan Mallett. Perhaps the Browns will trade Jabaal Sheard and their third round pick this year, #68 overall, to the Pats, for Mallett and a 7th round pick. With three QBs taken in the first round, odds of a team trading up with the Pats have greatly diminished. Don't be surprised if the Pats use this pick to draft a QB, especially if Mallett gets traded. Ryan Nassib would be a great choice at #29, if he's still around. Folks, Tom Brady can't go on forever. Though some good defenders and WRs are still available, the idea of drafting a QB of the future may just be too strong to resist. Nassib has a cannon for an arm, and is a proven winner. But, if things go as projected in this mock, QB Matt Barkley would also be an intriguing choice. Had he come out last season, he would have been a top ten pick. Playing behind a weak OL ruined his season, and led to him suffering a shoulder injury. Remember, the Green Bay Packers struck gold in a similar situation, when, despite still having Bret Favre, they used their 24th overall pick in 2005 to select QB Aaron Rodgers. If selected by the Patriots, Barkley will have time to completely heal, and to learn at the feet of the greatest QB of all time. The Pats could also be looking at WR Tavon Austin, DT Kawann Short, DT Johnathan Hankins, DT John Jenkins, DE Alex Okafor, OLB Damontre Moore, CB Desmond Trufant, or CB Jamal Taylor. PICK: QB Matt Barkley, USC;

30.) ATLANTA FALCONS: The Falcons must find a way to get some pressure on opposing QBs. Free agent John Abraham, age 35, was their only sack threat. But, the days for TE Tony Gonzalez are numbered: PICK: TE Tyler Eifert, Notre Dame;

31.) SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: The 49ers need to replace FS Dashon Goldson, and to find a successor to the aging Justin Smith: PICK: S Jonathan Cyprien, Florida International;

32.) BALTIMORE RAVENS: Lots of positions now need shoring up. SS Matt Elam and WR Tavon Austin should get Ossie Newsome's attention: PICK: WR Tavon Austin, West Virginia.

Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Re: UPDATED 2013 NFL DRAFT (4-21-13)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

i think thats a pretty good mock TP.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Only a couple of comments.  Philadelphia may go defense.  That DL needs work but who knows what a new coach will do. 

Saying JJ will protect his investment.  Where has that been?  Romo has always been his QB regardless of the new contract.  I think that they will go OL too but JJ always likes that marquee player and he's been known to reach for a need postition as well.

Eifert falls this far?  Wow.  I disagree on this one.  Te'o going this high doesn't make sense to me either. 

The thing that I agree with is the QB fall in the draft.  After the top 10 nobody needs a QB or let's say they are not in any type of dire need of one.  Smith falls.  The Pats are in the right spot and it fits their need plans as well.  They can afford to slip back with so many player to chose from.  It happens to be a deep draft for DTs and WRs.  They can wait it out.   I have question that they will trade out if given the opportunity.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I really think the Rams get Tavon Austin or Eddie Lacy to fill the voids of Amendola and Jackson.

I also agree with TP about the Pats trading out of round 1.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:

i think thats a pretty good mock TP.

Thanks. But actually, this was my original nock draft. I tried to update if last night, and, for some reason, had all kinds of trouble with this revise forum format. Will try again today. My original mock needs to be modified, as I now believe that several QBs from this much maligned 2013 class will go in Round One.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to garytx's comment:

Only a couple of comments.  Philadelphia may go defense.  That DL needs work but who knows what a new coach will do. 

Saying JJ will protect his investment.  Where has that been?  Romo has always been his QB regardless of the new contract.  I think that they will go OL too but JJ always likes that marquee player and he's been known to reach for a need postition as well.

Eifert falls this far?  Wow.  I disagree on this one.  Te'o going this high doesn't make sense to me either. 

The thing that I agree with is the QB fall in the draft.  After the top 10 nobody needs a QB or let's say they are not in any type of dire need of one.  Smith falls.  The Pats are in the right spot and it fits their need plans as well.  They can afford to slip back with so many player to chose from.  It happens to be a deep draft for DTs and WRs.  They can wait it out.   I have question that they will trade out if given the opportunity.

What happens with the QBs holds the key to the draft. Remember last year, when several QBs were over-drafted? I see the same thing happening this year...as Buffalo and the Jets are desperate to land a good QB.   

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

I really think the Rams get Tavon Austin or Eddie Lacy to fill the voids of Amendola and Jackson.

If the QBs fall...the Pats may do some trading down with pick #29. But, if the QBs fall, it could be a golden opportunity for the Pats. I really like the idea of rolling dice on either Ryan Nassib, or Matt Barkley, with pick #29.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:

What happens with the QBs holds the key to the draft. Remember last year, when several QBs were over-drafted? I see the same thing happening this year...as Buffalo and the Jets are desperate to land a good QB.   

And that would be a true sign of desperation indeed!  A top 12 pick going to a QB out of this group my mouth would drop.  Of course the Jets grabbed TBs pick so they could get the QB thing going early but I don't think that's what the new regime has in mind.  They have their scapegoat in Ryan this year so it affords them to load up on defense where they lost so many players.  What I believe in is that teams are going to trade up to the end of the 1st round.  The Pats could benefit greatly.  There just not anything to get jazzed up about to start the run off on QBs so early.   

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from msteven. Show msteven's posts

the strength of the draft is in round 2.  I expect to see BB trade out of round 1 to build up some draft picks.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

RESPONSE: The G-men could take him at #19, over LB Alec Ogletree. Atlanta likely has his targeted...and may trade up to get him. They need to replace TE Tony Gonzalez next season.

RESPONSE: Philly must replace Michael Vick. New coach Chip Kelly wants his own hand=picked QB to handle his offense. Look for QB Nick Foles to be traded. Both the Jets and Bills are desperate for a starting QB. Kevin Kolb is not the answer in Buffalo...and Matt Sanchez is not the answer in NY.

And that would be a true sign of desperation indeed!  A top 12 pick going to a QB out of this group my mouth would drop.  Of course the Jets grabbed TBs pick so they could get the QB thing going early but I don't think that's what the new regime has in mind.  They have their scapegoat in Ryan this year so it affords them to load up on defense where they lost so many players.  What I believe in is that teams are going to trade up to the end of the 1st round.  The Pats could benefit greatly.  There just not anything to get jazzed up about to start the run off on QBs so early.

RESPONSE: Perhaps. But the only way for the Jets and Bills to guarantee their choices at QB is to overdraft them. I hate to repeat what has almost become a cliche, but the NFL is a QB driven league. If a team doesn't have a good one, they don't win. We both know that Kevin Kolb and Tavares Jackson are not the answer in Buffalo. New head coach Doug Marone wants his guy...Ryan Nassib. The Jets must move on from Matt Sanchez...who by now is extremely unpopular with Jets Nation. Jets fans want hope. E.J. Manuel has been referred to by Mike Mayock as the second best QB in this draft, and has drawn some comparisons to Carolina's Cam Newton.

Look no further than the 2011 draft, when mediocre prospects at QB were overdrafted. Tennessee took Jake Locker 8th overall, Jacksonville took Blaine Gabbert 10th overall, and Minnesota took Christian Ponder 12th overall. Andy Dalton and Colin Kaepernick went 35th and 36th, respectively. 

What do you think about the Pats rolling dice on QB Matt Barkley with the 29th overall pick? The more I think about it, the more sense it makes. Tom Brady turns 36 next year, and has maybe 2 or 3 good years left in him, at the most. The Pats must transition on from him. Barkley could turn out to be a steal...as Aaron Rodgers was for Green Bay, in the 2005 draft.     

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

I don't see Lacey going until round 2. Several respected mockers have Tavon Austin as the first WR selected in the draft. As for the Pats trading down, much depends on how the QBs fare. If Geno Smith and company drop out of the top 20, a trade down is possible. But, this would also present the Pats with an opportunity to land their QB of the future. Matt Barkley and Ryan Nassib are intriguing prospects.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

I dont think so may QBs will go this early and I really hope WE dont take one.  I dont want to use a 1st rd pick on a position that is considered weak when we have Brady.  I want the future QB on the team before Brady leaves, but there is time still for that.  I would rather keep Mallett for now, and draft a future QB in the future.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

Ryan Mallett is not getting traded. Why is this so hard for some people to understand?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:

RESPONSE: The G-men could take him at #19, over LB Alec Ogletree. Atlanta likely has his targeted...and may trade up to get him. They need to replace TE Tony Gonzalez next season.

RESPONSE: Philly must replace Michael Vick. New coach Chip Kelly wants his own hand=picked QB to handle his offense. Look for QB Nick Foles to be traded. Both the Jets and Bills are desperate for a starting QB. Kevin Kolb is not the answer in Buffalo...and Matt Sanchez is not the answer in NY.

RESPONSE: Perhaps. But the only way for the Jets and Bills to guarantee their choices at QB is to overdraft them. I hate to repeat what has almost become a cliche, but the NFL is a QB driven league. If a team doesn't have a good one, they don't win. We both know that Kevin Kolb and Tavares Jackson are not the answer in Buffalo. New head coach Doug Marone wants his guy...Ryan Nassib. The Jets must move on from Matt Sanchez...who by now is extremely unpopular with Jets Nation. Jets fans want hope. E.J. Manuel has been referred to by Mike Mayock as the second best QB in this draft, and has drawn some comparisons to Carolina's Cam Newton.

Look no further than the 2011 draft, when mediocre prospects at QB were overdrafted. Tennessee took Jake Locker 8th overall, Jacksonville took Blaine Gabbert 10th overall, and Minnesota took Christian Ponder 12th overall. Andy Dalton and Colin Kaepernick went 35th and 36th, respectively. 

What do you think about the Pats rolling dice on QB Matt Barkley with the 29th overall pick? The more I think about it, the more sense it makes. Tom Brady turns 36 next year, and has maybe 2 or 3 good years left in him, at the most. The Pats must transition on from him. Barkley could turn out to be a steal...as Aaron Rodgers was for Green Bay, in the 2005 draft.     

Good point on the 2011 draft although I believe Locker was more regarded than this group of QBs at the time.  You were right on the rest though.  Ponder shocked the hell out of me and supports your arguement.  Jax traded up to get Gabbert.  It looks like the move was made to get in front of Minnesota.  If anything the Jets could start it off with the newly acquired Tampa Bay pick # 13.  That's my flashpoint.  If it doesn't happen there the QBs fall until someone does a trade up. 

The Jets have so many spots to fill and management has their scapegoat in Ryan.  I think that plays into it.  The new management team needs to show that they can draft.  Reaching for a QB would not help that image.  They are going to hang Sanchez on Ryan.  Political of course. 

Yeah, you have to start thinking about Brady's replacement.  It seems a year early to me.  I suppose it would have to depend on a Mallett trade.  If he isn't traded during the draft it makes no sense.  It seems like the draft guru's out there are doing a lot to talk Barkley down.  A lot of negative press.  Someone is working hard to get this guy to fall. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

In response to maine12's comment:

Ryan Mallett is not getting traded. Why is this so hard for some people to understand?

Not only that, the Pats would NEVER spend a first round pick on a guy to sit the bench for 3 years and then be a free agent about the time Tom retires . . . TB is not going any place for 3 or 4 years for sure and the Pats are not into paying big money for bench warmers. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to tenace4life's comment:

Not only that, the Pats would NEVER spend a first round pick on a guy to sit the bench for 3 years and then be a free agent about the time Tom retires . . . TB is not going any place for 3 or 4 years for sure and the Pats are not into paying big money for bench warmers. 

You guys think that trading Ryan Mallett is a stretch...yet you believe that Tom Brady will play as effectively as ever for three more years...or beyond? The time to find a QB is now, if the Pats wish to have a smooth and successful transition from Brady over the next 2-3 years. Face reality. Tom is 36 years old...and has begun to show signs that his play is deteriorating. Never the most mobile guy, he's become even more of a statue. He appears to hear footsteps, and his accuracy isn't what it once was. I'm sorry to say that he too, like Joe Montana and Dan Marino before him, will eventually succumb to age.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Just started going through my moch draft and felt that it would be in some of the first 10 teams best interest to trade down in the 1st round.  Decided to go to Profootballtalk to see about any rumors on teams trading down.  Low and behold!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/23/report-five-teams-in-top-12-want-to-move-down/

Of course there are going to have to be trading partners and I don't think there's enough to meet the demand...if any.   Could be a busy day with trades or maybe we'll see "reaches" because teams are unable to move down.  I believe there are no true reaches in this draft.  After the first several picks the players all grade out very evenly.  So a team that is picking at #7 could go for a player ranked at, let's say 20, and not be reaching.  Basically, teams could draft for need straight up and not have to worry about missing out on a better player.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to tenace4life's comment:

I agree, I don't see this happening in the first round.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

COULD see the Pats trading down to a team that overdrafts.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

There is absolutely no way that we are taking a QB with our first round pick.  Sorry Tex, but the contract extension we just gave Brady means that the FO believes he can play for the next few years.  The Barkley comparisons to Rodgers are not fair imo.  If Rodgers the prospect was in this draft he probably would have gone #1 overall to the Chiefs.  Barkley would be nowhere near the value at the end of the 1st round that Rodgers was in 2004.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.