Vellano Trip

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

Vellano Trip

Everytime I see the replay of Joe Vellano tripping Luckyboy, the people commenting on it fail to mention that 75 had his left arm in an armbar hold! I guess Joe thought if you are going to hold me then I am going to do what I need to stop Luckyboy. It was a good play because if he doesn't trip him then Luck would maybe have run 15 yards anyways. Good gamble by Joe.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Re: Vellano Trip

I saw the trip on replay. I thought is was unintentional. Incidental contact. I know Vellano wasnt penalized, but was he fined by the league? Didnt see anything on it yet

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I saw the trip on replay. I thought is was unintentional. Incidental contact. I know Vellano wasnt penalized, but was he fined by the league? Didnt see anything on it yet

[/QUOTE]

A trip is sticking your leg out intentionally for the tackle....When your facing the other way and being shoved by a 300 lineman, sticking your leg behind you is a natural reaction to brace yourself....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to ccsjl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

A trip is sticking your leg out intentionally for the tackle....When your facing the other way and being shoved by a 300 lineman, sticking your leg behind you is a natural reaction to brace yourself....

[/QUOTE]

agreed..hadnt seen that the NFL fined him. would be surprised if they did, but the NFL is full of surprises