Vereen a outside threat?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Vereen a outside threat?

With his speed and the other weapons we have he may be hard to cover out the backfield.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Re: Vereen a outside threat?

This was one of the things he we very good at when he played at Cal. He consistently caught passes out of the backfield and lineyup wide and in the slot. He is an rb with receiver speEd and hands. Mcd should use him to take the ravens lb's to task. I don't know why we waited so long to let him loose, but about time. He is capable of so much. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Yes! Especially since the Slater experiment has been closed for over a year now.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Dothe ravens have enough to cover us in the spread with Vereen? He was very good n college doing the same thing.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This was one of the things he we very good at when he played at Cal. He consistently caught passes out of the backfield and lineyup wide and in the slot. He is an rb with receiver speEd and hands. Mcd should use him to take the ravens lb's to task. I don't know why we waited so long to let him loose, but about time. He is capable of so much. 

[/QUOTE]

Because Woody offers a similar set of talents and the staff has more faith in woody.  However, things may chnage now...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

If the ravens are in nickel with a cb on Vereen, probably yes. However if they are. We bring Vereen back to rb and run it. Vice versa, if the ravens are in the base d, we split Vereen outside and he gets picked up with an lb or safety..mismatch...now that the ravens have seen Vereen, they will surely account for him. I think Vereen caught wade Phillips completely off guard today. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hang3xc. Show hang3xc's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    The man put 21 points on the board! He looked like what I THOUGHT LLoyd was supposed to be! He was needed tonight and he stepped up big time. Earned Brady's trust too

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

i like vereen better than woody; not that i wanted woody out of game. Just hold onto the ball for the next two games :)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Loyd has a knack for making low catches. I thought he played well today. Vereen has more talent the woody. Woody uses his size to hide behind blockers. I think they will use Vereen at wide more from now on as that was perfect thow and loved the way Vereen timed it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to genaro008's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Loyd has a knack for making low catches. I thought he played well today. Vereen has more talent the woody. Woody uses his size to hide behind blockers. I think they will use Vereen at wide more from now on as that was perfect thow and loved the way Vereen timed it.

[/QUOTE]

Lloyd is also a finesse player, doesn't like getting hit, and rarely goes for extra yards. He's doing fine, but I really think that the Patriots need an athletic, big/tall WR who can stretch the field. He makes tough catches look easy - and the easy ones he drops. go figure.

I have no idea if lloyd is a good zone blocker or not.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Because Woody offers a similar set of talents and the staff has more faith in woody.  However, things may chnage now...

[/QUOTE]

Vereen is better than woody. Better receiver, and an overall better runner and blocker. Woody like bjge is consistent and will do what is needed but no where as explosive as Vereen. There is a reason he was drafted with woody on the team. If we don'gp give Vereen more reps after today , especially facing an old ravens d, it will be disappointing. 

like our 2 headed TE team...well  one now with Gronk out, Vereen offers same position flexibility in that he can run WR routes, catch like a WR and line up in the backfield and run or catch. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

he has been since the Jests game.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

He was at Cal. He always has been. Watch him there, if you can find it. He was amazing split wide and on wheel routes. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Vereen is doing what he did so well in college. Kind of nice when a kid has his coming party in the playoffs. I've waited most of the year for the Pats to line him up wide. IMHO Hernandez and Vereen are nightmare match-ups for the Ravens.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Vereen is better than woody. Better receiver, and an overall better runner and blocker. Woody like bjge is consistent and will do what is needed but no where as explosive as Vereen. There is a reason he was drafted with woody on the team. If we don'gp give Vereen more reps after today , especially facing an old ravens d, it will be disappointing. 

like our 2 headed TE team...well  one now with Gronk out, Vereen offers same position flexibility in that he can run WR routes, catch like a WR and line up in the backfield and run or catch. 

[/QUOTE]

Vereen is not a better blocker than Woodhead.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

With his speed and the other weapons we have he may be hard to cover out the backfield.

[/QUOTE]

at this point wiht what we have at wr, id start with him at wr and ridley in backfield.

hes the only "wr" we have who can separate

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

ditto on why we waited almost 2 years to get this guy going

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

Dothe ravens have enough to cover us in the spread with Vereen? He was very good n college doing the same thing.

[/QUOTE]

welker, vereen, and hern, with hoo and ridley or woody. and a little lloyd (i like vereen to start and play more wr than lloyd. he can separate

i think they will ahve their hands full

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

"use Vereen at wide more from now" 

exactly!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

+1

+1

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Vereen creates all kinds of match up issues.  Saw some very well designed plays to take advantage of them.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Vereen creates all kinds of match up issues.  Saw some very well designed plays to take advantage of them.  

[/QUOTE]

by accident

this wasnt planned. woody was teh planned game plan and gronk

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to ATJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

by accident

this wasnt planned. woody was teh planned game plan and gronk

[/QUOTE]

they have packages and plays that take advantage of the matchups and play to our guys skill sets. when Woodhead went down, all they did was replace him with Vareen and then inserted plays designed for him. That's what makes defending the Patriots offense so difficult. multiple sets  with a series of plays and formations based on personnel.