Vereen proves he is not merely a scat back

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Vereen proves he is not merely a scat back

I have been lauding him since we picked him. He proved to those who have not been actually watching him but merely looking at roster stats that he can run betweeen the tackles.

This guy has a little Ray Rice in him and a little Reggie Bush in him. I do hope Ridley gets the message because he brings a lot and having them both available is a big deal. ANd in fact Vereen may have given Ridley a wake up call.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Re: Vereen proves he is not merely a scat back

Trade Ridley for a S; if possible

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

He did good. Real good. I would sit Ridley right now and see if Vereen can keep it up.

As a matter of fact, Ridley is dead to me.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

He did good. Real good. I would sit Ridley right now and see if Vereen can keep it up.

lol. That's extreme..... Laughing

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

I made the comment a couple years back that for all the hype on Ridley, I thought Vereen was the better and more explosive player with a higher ceiling.  I made this same comment about Hernandez compared to Gronk.  Well, I think I was right on one anyway. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to agill1970's comment:

I made the comment a couple years back that for all the hype on Ridley, I thought Vereen was the better and more explosive player with a higher ceiling.  I made this same comment about Hernandez compared to Gronk.  Well, I think I was right on one anyway. 

wasn't vereen mostly injured a coupla years ago? At that time, it looked like both had potential; but each had a different style of running. Both seemed to have potential for breaking a long run; unlike Maroney or Law Firm. Some unfairly complained of Ridley's fumbles - but not sure what to think about most recent one. Maybe unfortunate because he slipped and arm struck ground to dislodge football prior to contact.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to NedNiederlander's comment:

There is no way he is a 20 carry lead RB over a 16 game season. He's too small and doesn't have enough power to do that kind of thing.

He isn't any smaller than Jamaal Charles, Chris Johnson or LeSean McCoy.  Those guys have all been lead backs for teams.  It could happen.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

He isn't any smaller than Jamaal Charles, Chris Johnson or LeSean McCoy.  Those guys have all been lead backs for teams.  It could happen.

Besides, a RB's career is so short anyway. May as well use them hard while on the roster.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to anonymis' comment:

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

[QUOTE]

lol. That's extreme..... Laughing

[/QUOTE]

I detest fumblers and chokers. Ridley is both. As a person I wish him well, but as a player I wish him elsewhere.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourjays30. Show fourjays30's posts

Just heard on WEEI that Vereen is out for the next couple of weeks. Fractured his wrist according to sources.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

... and then he got hurt.  He is a third down back, could be a very good one if he can stay healthy.  We need a bruising back and a talented third down back, that is our offense.