Versus the Steelers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DavidSeattle. Show DavidSeattle's posts

Versus the Steelers

Hello Pats Fans,
     I hope the Pats get all the testesterone they can find for this one because they will need it against a very good Pittsburgh team.
     In making P. Hillis look like an all pro the Pats "d" has shown its lowest effort of the season. It was terrible to watch this fiasco. Tom was not much better, throws off the mark, everyone seemingly contributing to defeat. I don't like to berate any particular players, but I have to say that spending all that money on V. WilfFORK is a 5 course million dollar mistake. As for his lateral quickness and movement, I have only seen it as he is moved sseemomg;y easily out of the middle of the defense by one or 2 blockers. and adds to his tackle stats., 8 yards downfield. He should not be on the field, in my opinion. No Pass rush  from him and No Run Stop.
     The Steelers are very tough on Defense and will do alot of damage if allowed.
     How the Pats can win this one is beyond my reason. I hope they will not be humiliated, because it could happen unless some of these Pats defenders grow some testerone.
    Go Pats
    DavidSeattle
     I

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DavidSeattle. Show DavidSeattle's posts

Re: Versus the Steelers

Please show your support for the Pats by NOt writing again!
     I am a Pats Fan and am NOT trashing the team or any player.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Coolguy55220. Show Coolguy55220's posts

Yea i dont think hes trashing the team... hes stating the facts... Pats better bring it or they'll definitely lose to a very good and physical steeler team..
    Those are the facts..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

The Pats do well against the Steelers but they better have their A game on or they will get spanked. 

The other side of youth is can they forget the Cleveland game.  Players like Gronk who didn't do well can they put it behind them and continue to grow?  Has a doubt set in on their ability to compete?  The charater of this team will show itself next week win or lose.   

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to Re: Versus the Steelers:
    [QUOTE]The Pats do well against the Steelers but they better have their A game on or they will get spanked.  The other side of youth is can they forget the Cleveland game.  Players like Gronk who didn't do well can they put it behind them and continue to grow?  Has a doubt set in on their ability to compete?  The charater of this team will show itself next week win or lose.   
    Posted by garytx[/QUOTE]

Per Alge
    "“We gotta do it,’’ he said. “We can say all the right things. We have to perform well Sunday night.’"

Unfortunately, we did see the real patriots against the Browns.  Every good team nowadays can lose.  Against the Steelers, we will find out a lot about the Teams' character.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriots1970. Show Patriots1970's posts

Wilfork might have had a bad games as did everyone else on the team, but to say he should not be on the team (and his new contract is why he is here) is not recognizing his talent and performance earlier in the season.

NT to DE and back again? Helping hold All Day Peterson to under 100 yards is not a great defensive stand? He does not rack up the stats but doing his job as he does on the field allows other players to do their job!

If Vince wasn't in their how much better would this defense be?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

Saying Wilfork is a 5 Million dollar mistake is a pretty dumb statement David. You deserve some flak for that.

In Response to Versus the Steelers:
    [QUOTE]Hello Pats Fans,  I hope the Pats get all the testesterone they can find for this one because they will need it against a very good Pittsburgh team.  In making P. Hillis look like an all pro the Pats "d" has shown its lowest effort of the season. It was terrible to watch this fiasco. Tom was not much better, throws off the mark, everyone seemingly contributing to defeat. I don't like to berate any particular players, but I have to say that spending all that money on V. WilfFORK is a 5 course million dollar mistake. As for his lateral quickness and movement, I have only seen it as he is moved sseemomg;y easily out of the middle of the defense by one or 2 blockers. and adds to his tackle stats., 8 yards downfield. He should not be on the field, in my opinion. No Pass rush  from him and No Run Stop.  The Steelers are very tough on Defense and will do alot of damage if allowed.  How the Pats can win this one is beyond my reason. I hope they will not be humiliated, because it could happen unless some of these Pats defenders grow some testerone. Go Pats DavidSeattle  I
    Posted by DavidSeattle[/QUOTE]

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I agree with most of your comments, and do think the Pats really need to amp it up this week to beat a good Steelers team. I think we have a different defense without Chung in the lineup, and here's hoping he plays this week. 

The only comment I don't agree with you on is about Wilfork. He is easily rated in the top 3 NT's in the league. For a man his size he has great power and quickness. He, like the rest of the D had a bad game against the Browns. I don't see it happening again against Pittsburgh. Vince will step up big time and get this D ready to play. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rxmsg. Show rxmsg's posts

Steelers play the old fashion way...tough, intense punch you in the mouth football.
    They play fast and intense every down... that sense of urgency !!!
    I hate the Steelers but respect them..thay play the way fooball it's supposed to be played.

It's sad for me to say that I don't see the Pats play with a sense of urgency...they do not "look" tough...on the surface they appear way too laid back.
    They don't attack on either side of the ball.

Myabe it's just a different style but the Pats currently do not seem to sacre anyone. 

They need to go out and hit people....
    Seems they wait and react rather than force the issue to the other team

Past Patriot defenses dictated to opposing offenses....that's not happening right now..

On offense I never see the Pats blow people off the line....

I dunno...I just don't see that hard-nosed attitude with this team right now.
    We're still way too much of a finesse team.... 2007 is long gone...this team needs to get back to smash mouth football.  I hate the Steelers but I have give them their due...they have always had the same mentality...hit, hit hard, hit some more.  Football has changed over the years but one thing that still works is getting physical.. "Where's the blood!! ?  Where's the blood !!?"

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

We need to amp it up every week. We hate the Pissburgh Squeelers... game on!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

In Response to Versus the Steelers:
    [QUOTE]Hello Pats Fans,  I hope the Pats get all the testesterone they can find for this one because they will need it against a very good Pittsburgh team. Posted by DavidSeattle[/QUOTE]

yeah right, ye of no faith. did you watch last nights game against the bungles? one trick play and couple of points off stoopid bungles turnovers, yeah i'm afraid of the big bad stoolers.

pittsburgh didn't look that good last night, not that dominating. palmer was carving up their secondary

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

People put TOO much into the results of one game.  A team has a bad game, they are looked at as a bad team.  In that game everyone agrees the Pats played horrible and the Browns were on their A game.  Take any NFL team and put their F game on the field against another team's A game, and they lose too.  Have we seen the Pats A game yet for 60 minutes, though?  Many times we get glimpses, but the lapses are unnerving.  Chaulk it up to a young team who read too many headlines the Pats are #1?  What is good here, seems the Pats always bring their A game to Pittsburgh in the past.. can BB do it with this team this year?  Gonna be a good one!