Very Smart Move for Seymour

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from iclaudius. Show iclaudius's posts

Very Smart Move for Seymour

This is a HUGE benefit for Seymour.

He will not get a ring after the season (for certain - not just maybe), but look how he raises his awareness in Canton as well as how he enhances his financial position.

He will be seen as playing with the same abilities as his earlier years, and will be considered even more certain HOF material, due to his long and productive career.

He doesn't have to be a stand out on the Pat's tough D-line. Instead, he will dominate the Raiders'  - er, less tough - D-line, with the same effort, thus saving his body the extra beating he might have allowed in a contract year.

Some easy to find film from this Oakland season will be added to his well-documented and absolutely truthful earlier Patriots' plays, and will be flashed in front of suitor's eyes.

And Mr Seymour will smile that big beautiful smile with an even deeper happiness, as he commands an even higher price tag than he and his agent previously projected.

Nice Going! and Best of luck in everything!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mstringr. Show mstringr's posts

Re: Very Smart Move for Seymour

Right.
    Moss and Buress were so happy there.
    and the few bright stars in Detroit are SO happy.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from iclaudius. Show iclaudius's posts

In Response to Re: Very Smart Move for Seymour:
    [QUOTE]Right. Moss and Buress were so happy there. and the few bright stars in Detroit are SO happy.
    Posted by mstringr[/QUOTE]

But Seymour is only there for 4 months.

Four months of holy-crap-on-a-stick in return for an extra $5 mil at the next contract. I think it's worth it.

Everybody (including Seymour) is in it for the money.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

easily one of the top 3 dumbest things ive ever read on one of these discussion boards... and thats saying something. i feel awful for seymour, however, i think its a great move for the pats to get such high value for a DE that turns 30 in october (i think). he has no desire to play in oakland. who would?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from passedball. Show passedball's posts

If Seymour is healthy he will be double-teamed. He wont put up statistics like he would be able to in NE. If he gets hurt, it's going to hurt his next contract. He could always sign as a FA with NE next year for a hometown discount once he gets a taste of losing. Sometimes players don't know how good they have it until the leave.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dafoe. Show dafoe's posts

[QUOTE]If Seymour is healthy he will be double-teamed. He wont put up statistics like he would be able to in NE. If he gets hurt, it's going to hurt his next contract. He could always sign as a FA with NE next year for a hometown discount once he gets a taste of losing. Sometimes players don't know how good they have it until the leave.
    Posted by passedball[/QUOTE]

I think Richard is much more like Ty Law than Troy Brown. I don't think losing really bothers him that much. I think money is the only thing that really matters to him.

Of course I don't know the man- I could be completely wrong. That's just the impression I got while he was here

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

[QUOTE]If Seymour is healthy he will be double-teamed. He wont put up statistics like he would be able to in NE. If he gets hurt, it's going to hurt his next contract. He could always sign as a FA with NE next year for a hometown discount once he gets a taste of losing. Sometimes players don't know how good they have it until the leave.
    Posted by passedball[/QUOTE]  I am all for the trade. Brilliant move. However, why would he come back here for a hometown discount. We just traded his a s s to oakland! If BB asked him to come back after this season, he would probably suffer a hernia from laughing so hard.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from iclaudius. Show iclaudius's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Very Smart Move for Seymour :   I am all for the trade. Brilliant move. However, why would he come back here for a hometown discount. We just traded his a s s to oakland! If BB asked him to come back after this season, he would probably suffer a hernia from laughing so hard.
    Posted by jerh5[/QUOTE]

Laughing