Veteran CB Bodden visiting with Texans

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonFan95. Show BostonFan95's posts

Veteran CB Bodden visiting with Texans

Free-agent cornerback Leigh Bodden is visiting the Houston Texans, according to a league source.

The seven-year veteran, who the Patriots are trying to keep, has been in negotiations with Houston, New England and the Pittsburgh Steelers for several days.

The Texans have had consistent interest — as we have reported and contrary to other reports — and Bodden will be meeting with coaches and front office staff Sunday.

Bodden spent last season in New England, where he started 14 games and had five interceptions

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Going-the-Distance. Show Going-the-Distance's posts

Re: Veteran CB Bodden visiting with Texans

saw this same info come across on profootballtalk: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/07/bodden-will-meet-with-texans/

not a good sign, but you never know...the problem is is that the market was set w/ Dunta Robinson's contract, and neither CB are worth that kind of money...the problem w/ the Patriots is that their secondary was already poor w/ Leigh Bodden, so do you over pay for a decent CB or do you start all over again and waste valuable picks on rookie CBs that might not work out like the W's? in this case, i would overpay for Bodden's services and go from there...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kebbe. Show kebbe's posts

THE CORNERBACK SITUATION IS SIMPLY RESOLVED BY RESIGNING BODDEN,EVEN IF HIS MARKET VALUE IS OVER HIS PERFOMANCE VALUE AND SEND THEIR THIRD SECOND ROUND PICK TO CAROLINA FOR RICHARD MARSHALL,WHO THEY CONSIDERED DRAFTING AND SHOULD HAVE DRAFTED COMING OUT OF FRESNO ST.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriotsftball. Show Patriotsftball's posts

Get over it people... Players do not want to play in New England anymore and you have to see this...BB has lost the edge plain and simple..The defense we run here in New England is vanilla and players want out!!! And new ones DO NOT WANT IN!!! Heck they don't even consider a visit...

We have no OC and a cocky head coach that players don't believe in any more!!!

This will be another SH%# year!! We have done nothing to improve our team and we are letting players get away...

So sit back and root the Pats on and get very upset trying to figure out why we do what we do during the course of a game...

GO PATS!!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Going-the-Distance. Show Going-the-Distance's posts

couldn't agree with you more, kebbe...hopefully, that will be the outcome so the team can focus on a pass rush and other playmakers via the draft

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

Bye Bye Bodden....Houston will overpay for him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macrawn. Show Macrawn's posts

They do want to play in New England as long as they are overpaid. In fact, they want to play anywhere so long as they are overpaid. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Players want to get paid as all of us would. The Patriots will pay fair market value. But there are many other teams who are willing to overpay. There lies the problem. The player must want to play here for less (Brady, Bruschi are obvious examples), or they leave.

The question is do the Pats covet Bodden enough to outbid (if it's not too high a bid) the other teams.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriotsftball. Show Patriotsftball's posts

So you don't think BB has lost his ability to put together a solid defensive game plan?

Better yet - Are you happy with what's going on when our defense is on the field?
    I am not much of a fan of the sports writers but when they all say the same thing about certain teams odds are the statements are pretty right on...

The Jets are winning with an aggressive defense period!!! They make things happen!! I hate the Jets by the way!!! So it kills me to see what they are doing!!

Tell me what other teams you would like to have their defense to go with our offense? 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

Oh well, it wasn't like the secondary was all pro with him here. Let him go to the Texans where he can bite on Peyton Manning pump fakes even more. Good riddance!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Teams change drastically every year. The Steelers defense was overwhelmingly number one in 2008, last year they stunk. The Saints finished last in their division in 2008, last year they won the super bowl.

Bill Belichick has managed to stay consistant year after year. I don't believe he's lost it yet. We have a young defense about to get younger with rookie draftees.

The Jets have gotten better but they have always been a thorn to us, as have the Dolphins and Bills and Colts. I like our chances.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjaycee. Show jjaycee's posts

IF PATRIOTSFTBALL IS CORRECT RE BB, BODDEN AND THE PATRIOTS, BODDEN WILL NOT BE BACK, AND AN ENTIRE NEW SCENERIO WILL OCCURR. THE PATRIOTS WILL ARE LONGER BE AN ATTRACTIVE TEAM TO PLAY FOR, AS FREE AGENTS GO TO OPPOSING TEAMS. FANS HAD BETTER GET USED TO BOTH INFERIOR PLAYERS AND LOSING GAMES.  THIS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL BB AND KRAFT OPEN UP THE PURSE STRINGS TO COMPETE FOR FA'S, AND HIRE MORE STAFF TO FILL THE EXISTING OPENINGS, AS WELL AS HAVE IMPUT OF PLAYERS TO DRAFT. IT WILL TAKE A FEW YEARS, PERHAPS BEYOND BB'S ABILITY TO FUNCTION AS SUCCESSFULLY AS HE ONCE DID.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

jaycee go buy a clue.  take an economics course, something. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRULES23. Show BBRULES23's posts

I'll use some of the logic that some posters on this board use with regards to Bodden. 

If Bodden signs with the Texans, then he wasn't really that good and Houston overpaid.

If he stays with the Pats, then he was one of those players the Pats couldn't afford to lose and was worth every penny.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

@BBRules...I would say great point, but NE already had a top notch corner and let him go...cough...cough....Asante...

We all should have seen this coming.  He did not want to sign a multi-year contract with NE last offseason for this exact reason.  Bodden is not a great CB, he is solid but not great.  In comparison to what BB has been bringing in the past few years I can see how most of us want to make sure NE locks him up, but not lets hope they dont give him what Philly gave Asante.  If they do then that would be a slap in the face.  IMO.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

Bodden is gone.....forget about him..............

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

I agree Bodden is not a great CB but he is a very solid one who is that very next level below a Shut Down CB like a Revis for example. He is 28 so he has 4 to 6 good years left in him which is why I would try to sign him to a 5 year deal. He won't get top money but he will get a nice contract so as soon as he visits Houston I would counter above their offer just enough to make him think about it then say take it or leave it and move on if he doesn't take it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/19688/bodden-its-all-about-who-wants-me

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In Response to Re: Veteran CB Bodden visiting with Texans:
    ... The Jets are winning with an aggressive defense period!!! They make things happen!! ...Posted by Patriotsftball

Yeah, yeah, yeah, the Jets are great and Rex Ryan is a genius, blah, blah, blah.  They were 9-7.  And one of those wins was when the Colts stopped playing.  So let's slow down before we anoint them as the next dynasty in the making. 

The Pats have four of the top 70 or so picks this year and two first rounders next year.  That's how they're going to build this team, not through free agency.  You think Julius Peppers wanted to play in Chicago that bad?  They had to make him one of the highest paid players in league history to get him to play there.  

It's no secret that free agents would rather play: a) where they get paid the most, b) where there's no state income tax, and c) where it's warm.  Very few are concerned with playing for a winner.  All things being equal, why wouldn't Bodden want to play in Houston, or Dansby in Miami?  I would.  Peppers chose Chicago because of the money, not anything else.  Certainly not the climate.  If Miami or Dallas offered the same deal or even just a little less, he would have been there.   

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

Bodden came to New England for one reason only --to regain credibility, and he did that just by playing for the Patriots at a reduced rate last year Now he'll go cash in as he intended to all along. So goodby to Bodden.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In Response to Re: Veteran CB Bodden visiting with Texans:
    Get over it people... Players do not want to play in New England anymore and you have to see this...BB has lost the edge plain and simple..The defense we run here in New England is vanilla and players want out!!! And new ones DO NOT WANT IN!!! Heck they don't even consider a visit... We have no OC and a cocky head coach that players don't believe in any more!!! This will be another SH%# year!! We have done nothing to improve our team and we are letting players get away... So sit back and root the Pats on and get very upset trying to figure out why we do what we do during the course of a game...   GO PATS!!!!
    Posted by Patriotsftball

What?
    Players do not want to play in New England anymore?
    Players want out?
    We are letting players get away?
    Be patient people. Let it play out.