Veterans possibly on the bubble?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: Veterans possibly on the bubble?

In response to DontQuestionBB's comment:

I wouldn't be surprised too see A. Wilson cut, I think the Pats could do better picking up some player off the waiver wire.

Never should have signed him in the first place.  Much better options out there during FA but it was another of the low risk/high reward signings that might not work out then they are stuck with going with what they have or getting a low, low/risk medium reward type player.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gravelten4. Show Gravelten4's posts

A.wilsons tank does seem a bit low at this point. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to APpats21's comment:

I missed the game so what do you guys think about A.W. after this game?

Who?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

He could be on the bubble. he didn't show up at all in preseason. Don't tell rusty, aw was our best offseason signing. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Gotta be honest, I was not impressed with Wilsons effort level tonight. i am not sure he wasn't playing at half speed. I don't mean he is slow, it just looked like he wasn't really interested in making a hit. He was always standing at the end of a play not even piling on afterward. If Rodney was a little late getting to a play he would have at least spiked the pile or something!

I really hope this guy is our in the box safety this year, and would hate to think we didn't have a back up plan if we cut him.

Then again Harmons physicality really stood out to me today.

"Defense Wins Championships"

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

23 Patriots veterans were given the night off against the Giants

Friday, August 30, 2013

By:

Jeff Howe

Here's the complete list of 23 Patriots who dressed for tonight's game but were given the night off:

WR Julian Edelman

QB Tom Brady

WR Matthew Slater

RB Stevan Ridley

CB Kyle Arrington

S Steve Gregory

RB LeGarrette Blount

CB Aqib Talib

S Devin McCourty

RB Shane Vereen

CB Alfonzo Dennard

DE Rob Ninkovich

LB Jerod Mayo

LB Dont'a Hightower

LB Brandon Spikes

C Ryan Wendell

LG Logan Mankins

DL Vince Wilfork

RT Sebastian Vollmer

LT Nate Solder

WR Danny Amendola

DT Tommy Kelly

DE Justin Francis

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I'm not entirely certain what to make of what I've seen in the preseason of A. Wilson.  I totally agree that he has been something less than a force out there.  The question I have is why?  Is he really at the point where he just doesn't have enough anymore?  If that's not the case then I'm puzzled as to what was happening.  I didn't see much while he was out there on D and quite frankly he didn't look that good on ST.   Actually looked like he missed a couple of tackles on a couple of plays where I thought he was in position.

We'll see.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

I'm not entirely certain what to make of what I've seen in the preseason of A. Wilson.  I totally agree that he has been something less than a force out there.  The question I have is why?  Is he really at the point where he just doesn't have enough anymore?  If that's not the case then I'm puzzled as to what was happening.  I didn't see much while he was out there on D and quite frankly he didn't look that good on ST.   Actually looked like he missed a couple of tackles on a couple of plays where I thought he was in position.

We'll see.

I think that's the case. He was starting to lose it towards the end of last season and is getting older. There is a reason why they got AW for cheap and why no other team offered more. I thought when they signed him he'd be alright in a sub money role but now I'm not sure he'd be any better than T Wilson or Harmon. What a waste when we could have picked up a starting caliber SS for cheap this offseason considering how much extra cap we have right now

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

Gotta be honest, I was not impressed with Wilsons effort level tonight. i am not sure he wasn't playing at half speed. I don't mean he is slow, it just looked like he wasn't really interested in making a hit. He was always standing at the end of a play not even piling on afterward. If Rodney was a little late getting to a play he would have at least spiked the pile or something!

I really hope this guy is our in the box safety this year, and would hate to think we didn't have a back up plan if we cut him.

Back up plan? How's this? Show me a team that has won more over the last ten years because of back up plans. All we do is win and bring in safeties that play a lot better than you think. People think we win because of Brady - not true - we win because of our value approach to team building. Tell me who has done a better job of finding talent to put out on that field every Sunday...Ozzie Newsome? That team is in shambles (yeah they won the super bowl last year and yeah we really don't know if they are in shambles, but they are).

Sincerly,

Rusty

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

I said this earlier, but I think Harmon is going to challenge Gregory for that second safety spot before the season is over.  I think Gregory and McCourty are the two starters going into the season.  One of the Wilsons will come in when they want a bigger safety to cover TEs or provide run support, but Harmon is going to increasingly challenge for Gregory's spot. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

For a guy (AW) that is supposed to be a big hitter....I never saw him bring the wood (ONCE) during the entire pre-season. I'm not sure I see where is is any value at this point? Guess we will find out tomorrow....but I'd have to put my $$ on him going bye-bye....