vick gets 4 game suspension

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

vick gets 4 game suspension

well guys is this fair,or to much,or to light?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/07/23/report-vick-to-be-suspended-four-games/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from theplaintruth. Show theplaintruth's posts

Re: vick gets 4 game suspension

Fair.  23 months + 4 months without pay + 70 million dollars + public scorn = ENOUGH...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kmaxx. Show Kmaxx's posts

Considering he's currently not employed by an NFL team, I'd say the suspension is wonderful.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrDoItchBig. Show DrDoItchBig's posts

too much, 2 years in Leavenworth and losing all of that money..does he think the justice system failed or something?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I think Vick is probably happy with that.  My guess is that Goodell felt he had to do something above and beyond his sentence.  He can participate in training camp and pre-season.  Vick did his time.  He should be allowed to move on with his life now.  He paid a pretty high price for his actions already.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonnyCorlione. Show SonnyCorlione's posts

In Response to Re: vick gets 4 game suspension:
    [QUOTE]I think Vick is probably happy with that.  My guess is that Goodell felt he had to do something above and beyond his sentence.  He can participate in training camp and pre-season.  Vick did his time.  He should be allowed to move on with his life now.  He paid a pretty high price for his actions already.
    Posted by carawaydj[/QUOTE]
    You're probably right and, after reading your whole post, it actually make work in his favor in some respects.  A team can pick him up, he has time to get in shape mentally and physically and there is no pressure to play immediately.  Honestly, the guy served his time so I wish him the best in his return.  He has certainly paid dearly; no pun intended.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsChowder. Show PatsChowder's posts

Vick probably is happy with that, I agree.

I just don't know if I believe Goodell SHOULD be going above and beyond his sentence.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrooklineRob. Show BrooklineRob's posts

Is the deal that he is a free agent but has to sit out the first 4 games after he signs?  Now I want to see who picks him up.  The guy did two years in Leavenworth.  I can tell you that Leavenworth is no joke (not from personal experience though).  Thought that would be punishment enough, but the Commish thought otherwise.    

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

I guess I'm in the minority here. I would have thought it fair ig he had to sit the whole 09 season. I suppose that's just because I'm an animal lover, though. I wouldn't be surprised if someone signs him, though. At least he can go somewere to camp and shake off the rust. Although I'm sure whoever signs him will have to be prepared to deal with the PETA people.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

What a f*cking joke. Letting Vick play will ruin football for years to come. Do you realize how many teenage kids didnt even understand what he did wrong? They litterally thought that being as "good" as Vick was (On Madden maybe) made him above the Law and all this does is show them that you can do whatever you want and in the end you will still be allowed to make millions of dollars as if nothing happened. Vick should have been banned for life IMO and this is one of the worst choices the NFL has ever made. Which ever team signs Vick will quickly becomes my least faverite team going forward. F*ck all this give him a second chance BS f*ck him. Any other man does what he does and they are scratchign and fighting just to get a normal job but he does it and he gets to make millions? its a joke. And give me a break with all this "poor Vick" c rap. Oh did he lose all his money? too f*cking bad he had it coming. Its a joke, he is going to make all the money back and then it will be like nothing happened. The next generation of players will be twice as bad as Pac Man Jone and Mike Vick you will all see, lettign Vick play will ruin teh NFL. Maybe not this year or next year but sometime in teh next 10 years you will see way more kids coming out of college thinking they are above the law. And its goodels fault for not banning the SOB.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

Vick served his time, so I see the suspension as being more than fair.   My gut feeling is Vick will be wearing the silver and black in Oakland.  But no way no how he plays in foxboro.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTLadyluvsPats. Show CTLadyluvsPats's posts

I read on one of the news sites that the NFL was denying this. Of course now I can't find the damn site I read it on.

I will say this, however, that if Goodell let's this bleepin piece of garbage (a description that is actually too good for Vick) back into the league I will lose what little respect [I have left] for the NFL.

This is not just about someone having 'done his time'. This is about a sick pscyho that perversely tortured animals for his own viewing pleasure....repeatedly...and who DIDN'T COMPREHEND THAT IT WAS NOT OKAY TO DO! Hello? Roger....earth to Roger!

Where and when the hell will the NFL draw the bleepin line with some of these losers? Guns, drugs, illicit scandals, violence, depraved behavior, alcohol abuse, manslaughter....are these now prerequisites to play in the NFL, by default?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

This might be a little too tough but Goodell might feel that he has to do something. He was suspended for two years already and a 4 game suspension might hold teams back from signing him.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

This is overkill but they had to do something to make it look good. The guy has already paid more than anyone ever has or ever will for this type of crime. I don't even like Mike Vick but enough is enough. I think we can finally let the guy get on with his life.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHILZONE686. Show PHILZONE686's posts

In Response to Re: vick gets 4 game suspension:
    [QUOTE]What a f*cking joke. Letting Vick play will ruin football for years to come. Do you realize how many teenage kids didnt even understand what he did wrong? They litterally thought that being as "good" as Vick was (On Madden maybe) made him above the Law and all this does is show them that you can do whatever you want and in the end you will still be allowed to make millions of dollars as if nothing happened. Vick should have been banned for life IMO and this is one of the worst choices the NFL has ever made. Which ever team signs Vick will quickly becomes my least faverite team going forward. F*ck all this give him a second chance BS f*ck him. Any other man does what he does and they are scratchign and fighting just to get a normal job but he does it and he gets to make millions? its a joke. And give me a break with all this "poor Vick" c rap. Oh did he lose all his money? too f*cking bad he had it coming. Its a joke, he is going to make all the money back and then it will be like nothing happened. The next generation of players will be twice as bad as Pac Man Jone and Mike Vick you will all see, lettign Vick play will ruin teh NFL. Maybe not this year or next year but sometime in teh next 10 years you will see way more kids coming out of college thinking they are above the law. And its goodels fault for not banning the SOB.
    Posted by MVPkilla[/QUOTE]

Taz - As usual you and me are on the same page here.... he should absolutely be banned for life and I can't comprehend a reason to let him back in the league whatsoever.  Talk to some other ex-cons about how society thinks they "did their time" and are allowed back into society no problem.  BS!!!!!!!!

Yeah, lets let him rake in some more tens of millions of dollars so that he can just turn around and do the same $#!T again.  Maybe this time he'll wait till after he retires, but probably not.  I am in full agreeance that he really doesn't understand just how wrong what he did actually was and will likely go see some dogfights as soon as he gets out of prison to "celebrate".

You can't fix stupid, period.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrtm70. Show mrtm70's posts

Also...I wonder how some of the other QBs looking for work or keeping their job would feel by getting their job & money taken away from MV being signed to their team? Especially ones who have worked hard & kept clean...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Well, it seems that I'm not alone here, after all! I'd have no problem with a lifetime ban though I never thought Goodell would do it. Four games does seem lienient, IMO. I was expecting him to be out for at least the 09 season. One thing I would love to see them do...and that is stipulate he must give 50% of his salary to some type of animal charity, and maybe even do some community work with high risk kids to warn them about such behavior. In any case in no way would I like to see the Patriots even consider him for our favorite team! Not even at the minimum salary! Someone said he will likely end up in Oakland. Let the Raiders have him! I hope whatever team does sign him gets picketed for every home game they play!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from N2thaIzzo. Show N2thaIzzo's posts

Let the man play!  If it's going to stop a bunch of cry babies from watching the NFL, oh well... good riddance.  Vick will be back, like it or not.  4 game suspension is overkill, but I understand it.  Don't hate the man because he is one of the BEST FOOTBALL PLAYERS IN THE WORLD!  If you were one of the best in the world in your profession, you'd be able to get your job back after going to prision too. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

I dont hate him cause he is a good football player I hate him cause he is a piece of sh*t I am sure you can relate since you seem to be a piece of sh*t too.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctpat. Show ctpat's posts

i believe it is a fair punishment.

couple points i would like to make:

1) vick received a very strong criminal sentence for a crime that was largely ignored before this case. i believe he was made an example of due to his name. this runs counter to the many folks on this board who believe people with money and fame get a free pass.

2) all this talk about "the average guy has a hard time finding a job after being convicted of a crime!" is absurd. I agree with N2, in a market driven economy, if you are good or great at something you will be employed. vick will be able to offer a team all his athletic skills and that team will evaluate whether that is worth the negative feedback from the fans. simple. regular felons face the same type of evaluation from their potential employers, however, in most cases they do not offer enough to justify the risk.

get over it! the man did his time! hate him all you want, root against him, jump up and down, boycott the nfl, but at the end of the day he will be employed because his talent justifies the risk and he has paid his debt to society.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

f*ck him and the debt he paid. He can burn in h ell

People are going to hate him cause he is a piece of sh*t so why dont you "get over it"

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

im going to throw a curve ball here,so dont take this wrong,or think im for this,but what if,and i mean if the pats were to sign him?ive been a fan of the pats for a long time,and if this was to happen,it will surely test some fan hoods.i cant imagine when the pats are on the feild in a home game,and there would be boo,s.sure many willl be booing vick,but as a whole the pats would be booed.i hope  no situations ever happens like this.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Boy oh boy do i wish you could try and make me stfu that would be fun. Vick is a piece of sh*t and so are you. He could have done another 5 years and I would still say life time ban. People like him have no place in the NFL.

So mixtapes how long have you lived in Iran? I mean you seem to think I dont have a right to speak my mind so clearly you dont live in a country where you have freedom of speach. But here in America we do have teh freedom of speach so I can say what I want when I want. S ucks that you apparently dont have that right but i do so if I want to say Vick is trash and has no place in the NFL I will do so. But hey maybe you should write your boyfriend Vick a letter and see if he will come visit you in Iran I am sure he made plenty of pen pals while locked up for being a horrible human being. but you guys have that in common so you should be able to make some pillow talk.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mixtapes11. Show mixtapes11's posts

do u know how to spell speech ? mr speAch ..