vick gets 4 game suspension

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Re: vick gets 4 game suspension

In Response to Re: vick gets 4 game suspension:
    [QUOTE]im going to throw a curve ball here,so dont take this wrong,or think im for this,but what if,and i mean if the pats were to sign him?ive been a fan of the pats for a long time,and if this was to happen,it will surely test some fan hoods.i cant imagine when the pats are on the feild in a home game,and there would be boo,s.sure many willl be booing vick,but as a whole the pats would be booed.i hope  no situations ever happens like this.
    Posted by mosseffect43[/QUOTE]

Curve ball? That's more like a wild pitch (or a beaner ball)!!! I sincerely hope nothing like that were to happen. I've been a Patriots fan since the 60s, and this would really tear me in two! I was against them signing Moss when it first came up, but was willing to admit BB was a much better judge of who would be a "good citizen". And that has worked out well, despite my misgivings (mainly due to his reputation in Oakland, which was limited due to the fact that I only heard the reports in the media). But Vick has done things which to me I find  too hard to forgive. I know, I'm biased being an animal lover. But the biggest thing that strikes me is just the way Vick comes across in interviews, as if the man feels no remorse for what he did to those poor dogs. I'm with you 100%...I hope we never have our loyalty so tested!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: vick gets 4 game suspension : Curve ball? That's more like a wild pitch (or a beaner ball)!!! I sincerely hope nothing like that were to happen. I've been a Patriots fan since the 60s, and this would really tear me in two! I was against them signing Moss when it first came up, but was willing to admit BB was a much better judge of who would be a "good citizen". And that has worked out well, despite my misgivings (mainly due to his reputation in Oakland, which was limited due to the fact that I only heard the reports in the media). But Vick has done things which to me I find  too hard to forgive. I know, I'm biased being an animal lover. But the biggest thing that strikes me is just the way Vick comes across in interviews, as if the man feels no remorse for what he did to those poor dogs. I'm with you 100%...I hope we never have our loyalty so tested!!!
    Posted by bubthegrub2[/QUOTE] im busting a gut.you got that right,it would be a wild pitch.my luck would be me sitting in the stand,and getting hit by it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: vick gets 4 game suspension : Curve ball? That's more like a wild pitch (or a beaner ball)!!! I sincerely hope nothing like that were to happen. I've been a Patriots fan since the 60s, and this would really tear me in two! I was against them signing Moss when it first came up, but was willing to admit BB was a much better judge of who would be a "good citizen". And that has worked out well, despite my misgivings (mainly due to his reputation in Oakland, which was limited due to the fact that I only heard the reports in the media). But Vick has done things which to me I find  too hard to forgive. I know, I'm biased being an animal lover. But the biggest thing that strikes me is just the way Vick comes across in interviews, as if the man feels no remorse for what he did to those poor dogs. I'm with you 100%...I hope we never have our loyalty so tested!!!
    Posted by bubthegrub2[/QUOTE]

He definitely doesn't have remorse for what he did. If he thought there was anything wrong with it he never would have done it in the first place. If he made claims about how sorry he was I'd think he was lying anyway. I will say after reading some of the other posts that the hatred is unbelievable. I never really liked the guys attitude or the brand of football he played. It was counter productive to the rest of the players in his offense. People should look at it this way. It's another good reason to throw beer cans at your TV. Not to mention..The guy couldn't bring his team to a championship level when he was in his prime. I don't expect much out of him at this point. He is destined for mediocrity

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrmccook. Show jrmccook's posts

Whether he's done his time in prison or not is irrelevant. The labor agreement in the nfl also has morality clauses that define deemable professional conduct. His actions outside the game (and those of stallworth, burress, etc) are deemed worth of a suspension or fine, or both, no different than oui's, disorderly conduct, manslaughter, or stupidly shooting one's self. Other sports do similar things. He broke the law, and faced his time in prison yes, but was not punished for what he did to the nfl, and thus the upcoming suspension.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Having grown up in a little town in NH, I never experienced dog fighting and think it's pretty sick.  If my memory serves me well, when Vick was being charged there were a lot of people on the radio and TV saying that dog fighting was pretty popular in the South amongst certain cultures.  Even some players admitted to attending dog fights growing up.  I got the impression that dog fighting was fairly common in certain areas of the country with certain cultural groups.  Based on my "impression", I "assume" nearly every team in the NFL has a few players that participated in dog fighting in some capacity.  Most all were probably only spectators and didn't go to the extent Vick did though.

Was anyone else surprised at all the people saying how common it is?  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrtm70. Show mrtm70's posts

[QUOTE]Not to mention..The guy couldn't bring his team to a championship level when he was in his prime. I don't expect much out of him at this point. He is destined for mediocrity
    Posted by ewhite1065[/QUOTE]

You are right on! I NEVER understood why the NFL continued to push MV as the face of the NFL when he NEVER got his team to the big show and NEVER won a superbowl! For god's sake, I know they needed to show an african american role model & such, but there have been so many other african american NFL players who have done MORE than MV has!  I honestly detested every time I saw Vick being given all the NFL advertising...every time I would be like, "He hasn't done Sh&t!"  That was even AFTER Tom Brady won his second Superbowl and TB never got any of the same NFL advertisment attention!

So to the MV style of football fans and Good example for us Pats fans...Remember Micheal Bishop??? Everyone thought the MV style of playing football was the way to go...Where is Micheal Bishop now and where did the Pats end up with playing the Tom Brady way of football? Enough said!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hoyle. Show hoyle's posts

MVP, the guy has gone to jail for a crime that he pleaded guilty to.Stop being a racist and give the guy a second chance.All you liberal happy clappers need to read a few lines from the great book about forgiveness.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from paparui. Show paparui's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: vick gets 4 game suspension : You are right on! I NEVER understood why the NFL continued to push MV as the face of the NFL when he NEVER got his team to the big show and NEVER won a superbowl! For god's sake, I know they needed to show an african american role model & such, but there have been so many other african american NFL players who have done MORE than MV has!  I honestly detested every time I saw Vick being given all the NFL advertising...every time I would be like, "He hasn't done Sh&t!"  That was even AFTER Tom Brady won his second Superbowl and TB never got any of the same NFL advertisment attention! So to the MV style of football fans and Good example for us Pats fans...Remember Micheal Bishop??? Everyone thought the MV style of playing football was the way to go...Where is Micheal Bishop now and where did the Pats end up with playing the Tom Brady way of football? Enough said!
    Posted by mrtm70[/QUOTE]

He just took a terrible Atlanta team to a conference championship with a talentless roster. Besides Crumpler on Offense can you even name good players on his team that year. Warrick Dunn was decent but that's it. He also beat Green Bay in Green Bay when no team had done that before so he obviously can't lead a team deep into the playoffs.

If I remember correctly many Patriot fans wanted Bishop over Bledsoe. We have many unknowledgeable fans that wanted that and I thought they were idiots and it was proven right since Bishop was terrible. I bet those fans still post in here like they know everything too. Comparing Bishop to Vick shouldn't even be done how bad Bishop was.

I think the 4 game suspension was fair but only for him lying about not dogfighting to the league and team owner and not for the actual crime he served time for. The guy served more jail time than anyone being his 2 years while other guys have done worse with DUI accidents killing people and still play in the league with no suspension aka Leonard Little. Combining his 2 years and 4 games the guy has missed over 2 seasons worth of play. No guy has missed that much time and that was in the prime of his career. Stallworth will probably get less time as well seeing he's suspended indefinitely but that can be lifted this year or next year the latest which would be alot less time than Vick's 2 and a half years. The guy served his time for the crime so that should be enough.

People are able to work once they get out of jail so why shouldn't he if a team is willing to pay for his services. I know people will say he should work a regular job like bagging grocies like most cons would since he's a criminal like them. Well unfortunately the NFL is a business that has teams trying to put the best players on the field to win and some teams are willing to pay a guy like Vick for his talent. I just think most guys hate on Vick cause he has so much talent but he's a idiot outside of football and made millions of dollars doing it wishing it was them with the talent making the millions. People act like he's gonna make millions again like he did before. Well he won't cause he's been out of football for 2 1/2 years years and is on the wrong end of his prime having to work off the rust from being out of the league so long. He'll make less than 1 million a year tops which isn't much over the vet min. while being bankrupt from being in jail so I think the guy has payed more than most criminals if you ask me.

Last but not least here is what I wish would happen just to see the uproar in NE. I want NE to sign Vick to play the Wildcat against Miami. Not because I think he'll be great for it and win us a Superbowl but because I know know NE would win without him and it'd be a slap in the face to every fake New England fan that didn't want Randy Moss here. They thought he was a cancer yet love him now cause of how explosive he was 2 seasons ago. The NFL is a form of entertainment and people won't care about what character a guy has if the team wins a superbowl with him playing a role in it. You think Moss has changed as a person. You think Stallworth was a different person when he played here 2 seasons ago. The answer is no but you don't care cause if you did you would still be posting about there character as players as well. Everyone is posting about Vick but where is the posts about Leonard Little that are still playing football after killing people. I hope Vick comes back and dominates again just to pis* off everyone that's against him. Honestly I'm tired of fake people that act like they care about that cause most New England and NFL fans I know only care about the rings.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

The guy served more jail time than anyone being his 2 years while other guys have done worse with DUI accidents killing people and still play in the league with no suspension aka Leonard Little. Combining his 2 years and 4 games the guy has missed over 2 seasons worth of play. No guy has missed that much time and that was in the prime of his career. Stallworth will probably get less time as well seeing he's suspended indefinitely but that can be lifted this year or next year the latest which would be alot less time than Vick's 2 and a half years.

Whatever gripe you have about the amount of jail time anyone received should be taken up with the judges in those cases. That is irrelevant here in this discussion. We are talking about whatever punishment is handed down in the NFL. Let's not forget, it is nobody's "right" to play in the league, and the personal conduct policy states that clearly. I'm sure there are many corporations who would refuse to hire an ex-con however talented because it was their policy. That is their right, as it is the right of the NFL to do the same. Leonard Little's crime happened during the Tagliabue era, so you cannot compare it with recent incidents, as Tags seemingly liked to look the other way. Goodell's policy is that these things will not be tolerated any more. Had Little's offense happened under Roger's watch I doubt he would be playing either. Personally, I would have liked to see him have at least a full year suspension, maybe more. Stallworth is suspended, and we will have to wait and see how stiff his penalty is. I would likewise hope that he will miss at least the 09 season. I also agree his jail time was much less than it should have been, but that's a discussion for another forum (or at least another thread).

He'll make less than 1 million a year tops which isn't much over the vet min. while being bankrupt from being in jail so I think the guy has payed more than most criminals if you ask me.

And we should feel sorry for this piece of sh*t because he's broke and can only make $700K a year? Aside from the atrocities he subjected his "victims" to, he was in this business for money. Do you also grieve for drug lords who lose their mansions and Ferraris after being convicted? Do you think they should be able to go out and make ten times as much as a regular working joe? No, I would like to see Mike Vick on the streets begging for quarters in front of McDonalds! The man had a $100 million plus contract yet had to be greedy and try and make more in an illegal enterprise. And one which commited acts of cruelty to innocent dogs whose only fault was not winning in these disgusting competitions. Visk had his fortune, then threw it all away by his criminal actions. Why should we feel sorry for this a-hole? Personally, I wouldn't p i s s on him if he were on fire!

Last but not least here is what I wish would happen just to see the uproar in NE. I want NE to sign Vick to play the Wildcat against Miami. Not because I think he'll be great for it and win us a Superbowl but because I know know NE would win without him and it'd be a slap in the face to every fake New England fan that didn't want Randy Moss here. They thought he was a cancer yet love him now cause of how explosive he was 2 seasons ago.

This makes me question how much of a fan you really are. I was one who was against Moss coming to Foxboro. I believed he was not a team player, mostly because of all the media reports out of Oakland. But when he did join the team he proved those perceptions to be untrue. At the least he changed his attitude and has been a model player. But Randy never engaged in such sadistic acts for money like Vick did.

Honestly I'm tired of fake people that act like they care about that cause most New England and NFL fans I know only care about the rings.

Well, I do not know the fans you are speaking of, I'm assuming they are your friends (or aquaintances). But I'd bet you do not personally know the people here, at least you don't know me, so please do not lump me in with whatever "fans" you are speaking of. And if you truly believe the people here are of like mind with these ones you are so "tired of", my suggestion is you leave! If I were at a bar, party, or other gathering where I did not like the company I would find somewhere else to be.

You are entitled to your opinions about Vick, even if they are not the same as mine (or others). But do not come here and call people idiots and unknowledgeable simply because their opinions differ from yours. You will not make many friends that way. I am pretty sure a large majority of Patriots fans would NOT want Mike Vick on our team. And do not assume they would change their minds if he did come here and the team won a championship.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rimfire. Show Rimfire's posts

I wasn't going to comment on this issue because it has been so "over discussed", but a number of people are comparing Vick's situation to other players--including Stallworth, so there is one point I'd like to mention in this regard.  First, I don't want anyone to think I condone (in any way) what Stallworth has done, but to me saying his actions were worse because he killed a human being and Vick only killed dogs is missing the crucial point IMO. 

Stallworth made a tragic mistake but he acted as responsibly as possible in those circumstances from what has been reported.  First of all he does *not* have a history of bad behavior and secondly (and most importantly in my mind) what he did was an unplanned and isolated incident.  Driving under the influence does not excuse his behavior, but he stayed at the scene of the accident and took full responsibility for what had happened.  He never lied to anyone (as far as we know--but certainly did not deny that he did it at any time) and finally he made reparations to the family.  While money can not replace a loved family member--nothing can, at least he tried to see that the man's family did not suffer terrible financial hardship from the loss of his income.  The victim's children will be able to grow up with some financial security and have the opportunity to get an education and make something of their lives and his widow will also have some financial security in her future.

Vick, on the other hand, had a long history of poor decisions and "thuggish" behavior.  He carried on this "enterprise" for years and definitely with premeditation.  He lied to everyone for as long as he could and showed no real remorse during the process.  Also, this was not an isolated incident--surely everyone can remember the "Ron Mexico" situation, and I'm sure there have been drug issues as well as the gambling crimes in his life.  I believe he is truly sorry he got caught and lost so much money and basically was thrown off the "gravy train", but I still question whether he truly feels remorse over what he did--or even understands why it was wrong.  I have to agree with those who say the ability to play in the NFL, while it certainly depends on talent, is not a God-given right. Yes, he did his time and should have the opportunity to rebuild his life and (hopefully) become a better person; but that does mean he has a "right" to return to football.

I am ambivalent about Goodell's commissionership and feel he has acted inconsistently too often, but as I said, I don't feel the species of the victim(s) is relevant to any decision Goodell will make--rather it is the ongoing nature of the behavior and the attitude that should play the most important part in any decision.  I also agree with those who say even if he is allowed to play by the commissioner, no team may hire him in any case.  In the end it may well come down to the risk/reward equation--and IMO Vick never exhibited enough talent as a QB to justify the risk.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Umm, in reading these posts and the actual initial thread, I am just curious to note how many people realize that the NFL has not yet acted on this and that Vick remains indefinitely suspended.

People are posting as if this is a done deal, but it is still up in the air. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from paparui. Show paparui's posts

[QUOTE]The guy served more jail time than anyone being his 2 years while other guys have done worse with DUI accidents killing people and still play in the league with no suspension aka Leonard Little. Combining his 2 years and 4 games the guy has missed over 2 seasons worth of play. No guy has missed that much time and that was in the prime of his career. Stallworth will probably get less time as well seeing he's suspended indefinitely but that can be lifted this year or next year the latest which would be alot less time than Vick's 2 and a half years. Whatever gripe you have about the amount of jail time anyone received should be taken up with the judges in those cases. That is irrelevant here in this discussion. We are talking about whatever punishment is handed down in the NFL. Let's not forget, it is nobody's "right" to play in the league, and the personal conduct policy states that clearly. I'm sure there are many corporations who would refuse to hire an ex-con however talented because it was their policy. That is their right, as it is the right of the NFL to do the same. Leonard Little's crime happened during the Tagliabue era, so you cannot compare it with recent incidents, as Tags seemingly liked to look the other way. Goodell's policy is that these things will not be tolerated any more. Had Little's offense happened under Roger's watch I doubt he would be playing either. Personally, I would have liked to see him have at least a full year suspension, maybe more. Stallworth is suspended, and we will have to wait and see how stiff his penalty is. I would likewise hope that he will miss at least the 09 season. I also agree his jail time was much less than it should have been, but that's a discussion for another forum (or at least another thread). He'll make less than 1 million a year tops which isn't much over the vet min. while being bankrupt from being in jail so I think the guy has payed more than most criminals if you ask me. And we should feel sorry for this piece of sh*t because he's broke and can only make $700K a year? Aside from the atrocities he subjected his "victims" to, he was in this business for money. Do you also grieve for drug lords who lose their mansions and Ferraris after being convicted? Do you think they should be able to go out and make ten times as much as a regular working joe? No, I would like to see Mike Vick on the streets begging for quarters in front of McDonalds! The man had a $100 million plus contract yet had to be greedy and try and make more in an illegal enterprise. And one which commited acts of cruelty to innocent dogs whose only fault was not winning in these disgusting competitions. Visk had his fortune, then threw it all away by his criminal actions. Why should we feel sorry for this a-hole? Personally, I wouldn't p i s s on him if he were on fire! Last but not least here is what I wish would happen just to see the uproar in NE. I want NE to sign Vick to play the Wildcat against Miami. Not because I think he'll be great for it and win us a Superbowl but because I know know NE would win without him and it'd be a slap in the face to every fake New England fan that didn't want Randy Moss here. They thought he was a cancer yet love him now cause of how explosive he was 2 seasons ago. This makes me question how much of a fan you really are. I was one who was against Moss coming to Foxboro. I believed he was not a team player, mostly because of all the media reports out of Oakland. But when he did join the team he proved those perceptions to be untrue. At the least he changed his attitude and has been a model player. But Randy never engaged in such sadistic acts for money like Vick did. Honestly I'm tired of fake people that act like they care about that cause most New England and NFL fans I know only care about the rings. Well, I do not know the fans you are speaking of, I'm assuming they are your friends (or aquaintances). But I'd bet you do not personally know the people here, at least you don't know me, so please do not lump me in with whatever "fans" you are speaking of. And if you truly believe the people here are of like mind with these ones you are so "tired of", my suggestion is you leave! If I were at a bar, party, or other gathering where I did not like the company I would find somewhere else to be. You are entitled to your opinions about Vick, even if they are not the same as mine (or others). But do not come here and call people idiots and unknowledgeable simply because their opinions differ from yours. You will not make many friends that way. I am pretty sure a large majority of Patriots fans would NOT want Mike Vick on our team. And do not assume they would change their minds if he did come here and the team won a championship.
    Posted by bubthegrub2[/QUOTE]

I'm not on here trying to make friends. I'm just posting that people are full of it saying they won't be fans anymore cause one player signs with a team. That's why I posted what I posted. I've been a Pat's fan ever since Bledsoe got drafted and have followed the NFL some 20 years now. I think it's a joke that people still want this guy's head but nothing is said of people killing people. I love dogs too but they aren't humans. I'm sure Dogs and Horses have received some type of abuse while training so they perform better in races. Those breeders profit from their animals like Vick did for his. I know Vick did the worst thing you could do by torturing and killing dogs but that's what dog fighters to get the best possible fighter. I don't accept his actions and felt the guy got the jail time he deserved. I think his 4 game suspension was deserved too if that's what it ends up being. Also I don't think people realize this but Vick couldn't have been killing and torturing dogs during the season so it wasn't just him doing it. He had people under him that got nothing for their crimes cause they rolled over on Vick to save themselves.

I wanna see in a season or 2 if Vick really has changed. I think a influence like Dungy could help him and make this kid a good comeback story. The guy grew up with the wrong people that really weren't his friends as evidenced by them rolling over on him to save themselves. Hopefully that was his wakeup call and made him realize that his entourage of friends were really scumbags that hung around him for money. People need to realize that many former NFL players have admitted to watching dogfights so he's not the only guy to support this kind of thing. I do think if he messes up again that he won't be in the NFL and deservingly so.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BXBoston. Show BXBoston's posts

[QUOTE]Let the man play!  If it's going to stop a bunch of cry babies from watching the NFL, oh well... good riddance.  Vick will be back, like it or not.  4 game suspension is overkill, but I understand it.  Don't hate the man because he is one of the BEST FOOTBALL PLAYERS IN THE WORLD!  If you were one of the best in the world in your profession, you'd be able to get your job back after going to prision too. 
    Posted by N2thaIzzo[/QUOTE]

I with you on that but the One of the best players in the world? not sure about that but he's good. People need to get over it and man up. F PETA

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: vick gets 4 game suspension : I'm not on here trying to make friends. I'm just posting that people are full of it saying they won't be fans anymore cause one player signs with a team. That's why I posted what I posted. I've been a Pat's fan ever since Bledsoe got drafted and have followed the NFL some 20 years now. I think it's a joke that people still want this guy's head but nothing is said of people killing people. I love dogs too but they aren't humans. I'm sure Dogs and Horses have received some type of abuse while training so they perform better in races. Those breeders profit from their animals like Vick did for his. I know Vick did the worst thing you could do by torturing and killing dogs but that's what dog fighters to get the best possible fighter. I don't accept his actions and felt the guy got the jail time he deserved. I think his 4 game suspension was deserved too if that's what it ends up being. Also I don't think people realize this but Vick couldn't have been killing and torturing dogs during the season so it wasn't just him doing it. He had people under him that got nothing for their crimes cause they rolled over on Vick to save themselves. I wanna see in a season or 2 if Vick really has changed. I think a influence like Dungy could help him and make this kid a good comeback story. The guy grew up with the wrong people that really weren't his friends as evidenced by them rolling over on him to save themselves. Hopefully that was his wakeup call and made him realize that his entourage of friends were really scumbags that hung around him for money. People need to realize that many former NFL players have admitted to watching dogfights so he's not the only guy to support this kind of thing. I do think if he messes up again that he won't be in the NFL and deservingly so.
    Posted by paparui[/QUOTE]

Just what is it with the "wrong crowd" theory that a lot of people keep putting out? How do we know that Vick wasn't a charter member of the "wrong crowd" and the others just fell under his bad influence? Isn't every member of the "wrong crowd" entitled to the same excuse that people have been using for Vick? If so, then how did the "wrong crowd" come into being if everyone can just say they fell in with the "wrong crowd"? 

Please, Vick hangs out with these people because he knew them from his childhood. They got into dogfighting by choice and decided to create a dogfighting ring by choice. They could also have been raised in a culture where dogfighting is accepted and there were no social mores against it. To say he fell in with the "wrong crowd" is just a way to excuse his behavior. To the rest of society that does not accept dogfighting, he is the "wrong crowd". 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from N2thaIzzo. Show N2thaIzzo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: vick gets 4 game suspension : I with you on that but the One of the best players in the world? not sure about that but he's good. People need to get over it and man up. F PETA
    Posted by BXBoston[/QUOTE]

If he's good enough to be in the NFL, then he's one of the best players in the world.  I can name 10 starting QB's that he is better than.  Trent Edwards, Kyle Orton, Jason Campbell, David Garrard, Matt Schaub, Derek Anderson, whoever is in Tampa, Detroit, or San Francisco, and Tavaris Jackson.  And that's just off the top of my head.  Some others are certainly debatable..

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

"MVP, the guy has gone to jail for a crime that he pleaded guilty to.Stop being a racist and give the guy a second chance.All you liberal happy clappers need to read a few lines from the great book about forgiveness. " - Hoyle

How on Earth is not liking a man for committing  horrible crime against an Animal I love at all in any way considered me being a racist? If Vick was white I would be saying the same thing! He killed dogs for fun, so that him and his friends could sit around and place bets on them while they killed each other. And how did he get them to kill? By torturing them and other dogs. White, Black, Red or blue does not matter to me any man who does that has no place in the NFL at all. But hey if trying to play the race card somehow makes you feel less full of sh*t then keep on doing it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from passedball. Show passedball's posts

In Response to vick gets 4 game suspension:
    [QUOTE]well guys is this fair,or to much,or to light? http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/07/23/report-vick-to-be-suspended-four-games/
    Posted by mosseffect43[/QUOTE]

He did time because he committed a crime. He lost playing time because of that, not because the commissioner punished him. Goodell is a f*ck-up. He should have banned him for 2 seasons, then reinstated him.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to vick gets 4 game suspension : He did time because he committed a crime. He lost playing time because of that, not because the commissioner punished him. Goodell is a f*ck-up. He should have banned him for 2 seasons, then reinstated him.
    Posted by passedball[/QUOTE]

Why?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PAULICAS1975. Show PAULICAS1975's posts

WOW . You guys make it sound like he actually did hard time in jail or something. Please. He did go to jail, but was probably in a nice jail, just like all the othe superstars and actors/actresses that get good treatment. The reason he got the 4 game suspension is so that Goodell wants to use him as an exmple to other overpaid dummies playing football. Goodell I think is doing a great job with his suspensions and other stuff. He wants to make this the best and clean sport around. Period. No matter what though. I do hope that Vick signs with a team for like 3 years or so. He can use the 1st year to learn the plays, get in shape, mentally and physically. 2nd year. I hope he plays half of the games. 3rd year maybe become the player he once was, but better.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from N2thaIzzo. Show N2thaIzzo's posts

[QUOTE]"MVP, the guy has gone to jail for a crime that he pleaded guilty to.Stop being a racist and give the guy a second chance.All you liberal happy clappers need to read a few lines from the great book about forgiveness. " - Hoyle How on Earth is not liking a man for committing  horrible crime against an Animal I love at all in any way considered me being a racist? If Vick was white I would be saying the same thing! He killed dogs for fun, so that him and his friends could sit around and place bets on them while they killed each other. And how did he get them to kill? By torturing them and other dogs. White, Black, Red or blue does not matter to me any man who does that has no place in the NFL at all. But hey if trying to play the race card somehow makes you feel less full of sh*t then keep on doing it.
    Posted by MVPkilla[/QUOTE]

Dag man... you need to get some noosie or something.  I understand you love dogs but, it's not like you knew any of the dogs that he killed.  He's coming back to the league whether you like it or not.  Some team will sign him (and I hope it's YOUR favorite team.. that would be great) he'll be playing football, and you'll be a grumpier person than you are now...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from hoyle. Show hoyle's posts

[QUOTE]"MVP, the guy has gone to jail for a crime that he pleaded guilty to.Stop being a racist and give the guy a second chance.All you liberal happy clappers need to read a few lines from the great book about forgiveness. " - Hoyle How on Earth is not liking a man for committing  horrible crime against an Animal I love at all in any way considered me being a racist? If Vick was white I would be saying the same thing! He killed dogs for fun, so that him and his friends could sit around and place bets on them while they killed each other. And how did he get them to kill? By torturing them and other dogs. White, Black, Red or blue does not matter to me any man who does that has no place in the NFL at all. But hey if trying to play the race card somehow makes you feel less full of sh*t then keep on doing it.
    Posted by MVPkilla[/QUOTE]

Next time I'm in Shanghai i'll be thinking of you when i order the dog...... Smile

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kmaxx. Show Kmaxx's posts

Vicker