Vick's Choice for MVP is...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheCommittee. Show TheCommittee's posts

Vick's Choice for MVP is...

...himself. I thought he said that he learned how to be humble while in prison?

Just goes to show you how lucky we are to have a QB that at least says the right things. Brady would NEVER say something like this:

From ESPN.com:

Michael Vick talks MVP, holidays

PHILADELPHIA -- Michael Vick's MVP pick?

That would be Michael Vick.

Asked after practice Friday who he would select if he had a vote, the Philadelphia Eagles quarterback said, "You put me on the spot."

Then he added with a smile: "I would take ... myself."

Vick and Patriots quarterback Tom Brady are widely considered the top two candidates for the award, which has been won or shared by a quarterback 17 of the past 23 years.

Brady leads the NFL with a 109.9 passer rating. In his past nine games, he's thrown 21 touchdowns and no interceptions. The Patriots (12-2) have won 11 of their past 12.

Vick's 103.6 passer rating is third-highest in the NFL and leads the NFC. He also has 613 yards rushing and has run for eight TDs -- more than all but nine NFL running backs.

Vick spent Christmas in 2007 and 2008 incarcerated at Leavenworth Penitentiary in Kansas while serving an 18-month sentence on federal charges of running an illegal dogfighting ring.

"I'm just blessed to be here," Vick said. "I spent two Christmases in Kansas, and that was by far the toughest thing I've had to do. Each and every year I reflect on that, and I think it will always make the holiday season more gratifying.

"[I'm] just thankful for a lot, thankful for the opportunity that I've been given, thankful for the blessings, and hopefully they'll continue to come."

The Eagles (10-4) would clinch the NFC East title Sunday either with a home win over the Vikings (5-8) or a Packers victory over the Giants in Green Bay.

"We all know what's on the line," Vick said. "We know what's at stake. Like I say each and every week, every game is going to be a tough game. You have to go and play as hard as you can. You can't let up and you can't go into a game sure you're going to win. You have to earn it. That's our mentality and that's our mindset, and this week is no different."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The people on the comments section are just as ridiculous - all of the Vick supporters keep talking about how much more talented the Pats are on offense and defense. Bring up the stats on the Pats defense or Brady's pass attempts with no INTs streak, or anything else that would tip the vote in Brady's favor, and you get called a moron or a chump. The lovefest for this guy is unbelievable - reminds me a little of the lovefest for Manning.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

Re: Vick's Choice for MVP is...

MVP= Brady

Offensive Player of the Year= Vick

Comeback Player of the Year= Vick

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

During the 3 games Vick was out-

Had the Eagles gone 0-3 instead of 2-1, Vick would be MVP IMO. That 3 game stretched proved that NE would be worse off with Hoyer than PHI would be with KOLB. TB12 for MVP

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from line6er. Show line6er's posts

Vick killed animals for the pure pleasure of it.  That is something psychiatrist consider a very bad trait to have.  You're considered a sociopath, someone who has no feelings for people or animals.  They don't understand that others can have the same feelings as they do.  Their not beings, only things with no feelings.  There is something very wrong with his brain and cannot be repaired.  Some believe they should be put away for the rest of their lives because are a very dangerous person to be near.  Sooner, or later, he will pull an "OJ" and everyone will question why he was let out.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

How has Ron Mexico been lately?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

In Response to Re: Vick's Choice for MVP is...:
    [QUOTE]Vick killed animals for the pure pleasure of it.  That is something psychiatrist consider a very bad trait to have.  You're considered a sociopath, someone who has no feelings for people or animals.  They don't understand that others can have the same feelings as they do.  Their not beings, only things with no feelings.  There is something very wrong with his brain and cannot be repaired.  Some believe they should be put away for the rest of their lives because are a very dangerous person to be near.  Sooner, or later, he will pull an "OJ" and everyone will question why he was let out.
    Posted by line6er[/QUOTE]
    May I ask, what does this have to do with the Brady-Vick MVP race

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourjays30. Show fourjays30's posts

I don't think Vic meant anything when he said he would pick himself, sounds like he was kidding. At the same time I would not put him ahead of TB for the MVP. If he played in all of the games then it might be better for him or it might be worse. He just as easily could have lost those games and or threw 3 or 4 picks and we would not be having this discussion. I also would not let him have a dog either just as a reminder of what he did was wrong. I might treat Albert Breer that way but not some dumb animal. Wait a minute Cool

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from +Mrboston. Show +Mrboston's posts

Really

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

It's all timing.  Earlier in the year Rivers was the choice, Vick is hot now, and Brady has been simmering all year.  Personally, I wouln't give dog-boy a vote for anything.  He's got a job and that's all he should get. 

It's also a who cares (besides ESPN) issue.  Vick is the latest Bristol pin-up idol. On stats alone it should be Rivers. Brady would take a ring over this any day. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tempofreak. Show Tempofreak's posts

F#ck Vick.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwhite1220. Show dwhite1220's posts

[QUOTE]MVP= Brady Offensive Player of the Year= Vick Comeback Player of the Year= Vick
    Posted by screw-cindy-and-ovie[/QUOTE]

Comeback Player of the Year should go to  Wes Welker

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenacioust. Show tenacioust's posts

[QUOTE]It's all timing.  Earlier in the year Rivers was the choice, Vick is hot now, and Brady has been simmering all year.  Personally, I wouln't give dog-boy a vote for anything.  He's got a job and that's all he should get.  It's also a who cares (besides ESPN) issue.  Vick is the latest Bristol pin-up idol. On stats alone it should be Rivers. Brady would take a ring over this any day. 
    Posted by croc[/QUOTE]
    On stats alone it should be rivers??????????????? Bullcrap Who has better stats than Brady no one! Rivers is the king of meaningless yardage. Vick is a sociopath(and yes that does matter he should be incarcerated still) Brady is the MVP and it aint even close

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JerrySpringer. Show JerrySpringer's posts

FIRST of all, THE COMMITTEE, you are a moron! Why?, it's very simple. No one cares about Sick VIck.
    He is a demented Scumm Bagg that should be out on the streets smoking crack like his family and friends.
    I love how the Media says Vick has learned his lesson.....PLEASE tell us how he has learned not to be a sick maggot, killing and fighting animals. Just because he can run fast and throw a football and be paid millions of dollars he is a super star?

No, he is not.... Give me a pack of pit bulls and Sick Vick, and lets take bets which body part gets torn off first.
    You belong in there with Sick Vick Mr. Committee. Your both garbage
    Have a very Brady Christmas!!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

The comment that Brady has a better surrounding cast is ridiculous! NE has more rookies and 2nd year starters than any other team. Vick has proven guys like Jackson, Celek, etc. Sure, it's close, but Brady has led his team to two more wins, and has managed to stay on the field all year. And he has won a lot of games despite the young D being ranked near the bottom of the league. I think Brady will win (as it's not only ESPN who does the voting). But I also agree that Tom is nowhere near as concerned about being the MVP as he is of getting the team to Dallas...and winning a fourth Lombardi!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]Vick killed animals for the pure pleasure of it.  That is something psychiatrist consider a very bad trait to have.  You're considered a sociopath, someone who has no feelings for people or animals.  They don't understand that others can have the same feelings as they do.  Their not beings, only things with no feelings.  There is something very wrong with his brain and cannot be repaired.  Some believe they should be put away for the rest of their lives because are a very dangerous person to be near.  Sooner, or later, he will pull an "OJ" and everyone will question why he was let out.
    Posted by line6er[/QUOTE]
    A lot of NFLers have those characteristics. No?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paulawht63. Show Paulawht63's posts

I would never in a million year Vote for a DOG KILLER He may have gotten a second chance But THOSE DOGS HE KILLED didn't why should he Would you let him watch your Dog I WOULDN'T

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Vick's Choice for MVP is... : Comeback Player of the Year should go to  Wes Welker
    Posted by dwhite1220[/QUOTE]
    Yes. After he tells me how he recovered so quickly from multiple knee ligament tears. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

Vick was a thug, is a thug and will always be a thug. Even prison didn't teach him humility. Here is the real MV once again. He's not even in the same ballpark as Brady-never was or will be. Just another over-inflated juvenile Jock that has never grown up. I was going to wait till after xmass to post-but we're talking about a human that tortured mans best friend-so F--- IT. MVP my A--!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from qball369. Show qball369's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Vick's Choice for MVP is... : Yes. After he tells me how he recovered so quickly from multiple knee ligament tears. 
    Posted by SNAZZYP[/QUOTE]

Now you are on this site suggesting that Wes Welker did something nefarious to get back on the field as fast as he did?

Is there to be no end to your hating on the Patriots?

Also, Snazzy, did you send a care package to Plaxico?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Vick's Choice for MVP is... : Now you are on this site suggesting that Wes Welker did something nefarious to get back on the field as fast as he did? Is there to be no end to your hating on the Patriots? Also, Snazzy, did you send a care package to Plaxico?
    Posted by qball369[/QUOTE]
    I'm a professional trainer/coach as you know. After 40 years of seeing gut wrenching injuries, I know as well as local Orthoscopic physicians, who may I add are Pats' fans, have no answer to such a miraculous recovery. So I ask you, is there something nefarious about his quick return? By the way, Welk is more of a check down, hot read, or situational receiver now. Defensive teams have much more to worry about with all the offensive threats the Pats present. What ever he did, the medical profession needs to know. I know Dr. S. wants to know. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from qball369. Show qball369's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Vick's Choice for MVP is... : I'm a professional trainer/coach as you know. After 40 years of seeing gut wrenching injuries, I know as well as local Orthoscopic physicians, who may I add are Pats' fans, have no answer to such a miraculous recovery. So I ask you, is there something nefarious about his quick return? By the way, Welk is more of a check down, hot read, or situational receiver now. Defensive teams have much more to worry about with all the offensive threats the Pats present. What ever he did, the medical profession needs to know. I know Dr. S. wants to know. 
    Posted by SNAZZYP[/QUOTE]

I didn't know about the trainer part - do they let trainers into Mensa?

Like you, I have no specific knowledge of the nature of Welker's treatment or recovery - it does occur to me that the most simple explanation may be that the nature of his original injury may have been over - reported,  thereby explaining his seemingly miraculous recovery