Vince Wilfork on this weeks copy of SI

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Re: Vince Wilfork on this weeks copy of SI

I'm surprised Vince fits on a magazine cover.

In fact, I'm kind of surprised there are still such things as magazines.

(Ohhh . . .   and to Sam's point about Peter King . . .   a true professional windbag never lets the erroneous nonsense he spewed yesterday interfere with the even more erroneous nonsense he is spewing today . . .  or indeed, the yet more ridiculous fancy he will have for us tomorrow. Sports pundit -- much like weatherman -- is the perfect job: Being consistently wrong does not affect your professional status in any way)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from justme2. Show justme2's posts

There are bigger even stronger guy's... NONE have VW's heart and desire. The man is truly a wrecking ball. You got to feel at least a little bad for anyone haveing to deal with Vinces "Want To" for 60 minutes.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking11. Show harleyroadking11's posts

the round mound of pound

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

. . .  into the ground.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

If there isn't one already, that would make an awesome website.

A place where you could compare, side-by-side, all the wrong predictions these people who claim to know what they're talking about make, and pointing out how often they completely contradict themselves.

Somebody who knows a lot more about that kind of thing than me should look into it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In Response to Re: Vince Wilfork on this weeks copy of SI:
    [QUOTE]I'm surprised Vince fits on a magazine cover.
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]
    you are right, it has to be photoshopped. He looks a little slimmer in that photo.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking11. Show harleyroadking11's posts

sam I think you're on to something there.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

pmike, my company builds web and mobile apps. I'll look into it :)

By the way, I'm concerned. If King's picking us, we're screwed...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

SI preason predicitons:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/football/nfl/09/06/2010.predictions.2/index.html

Most overhyped NFC -- Dallas, Minnesota, San Fran

Most overhyped AFC-- Maimi, Houston, Cincy & SD (I know Rusty will want to put the Jets in here but they did make the playoffs, err backed into the playoffs, all the others listed didnt)

Biggest Surprise --- Chicago, Philly and KC

Overlooked Powerhouses --- Lesson to be learned don't overlook mainstays (NE, Pitts) for flavor of the month teams.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Vince Wilfork on this weeks copy of SI : Now, what would be a breath of fresh air is if they put their pre season picks up next to these.
    Posted by Sam-Adams[/QUOTE]

Those are the preseason picks.  I went back and pulled off the old link.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

[QUOTE]Rocky, I love the bottom left of the cover..."Why New England Won't Be Stopped" I don't remember Peter King saying that in the offseason do you? In fact, I remember him saying the Pats would be 3rd in the East behind the Jets and Phins.

I was surprised to read that too!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

[QUOTE]sam I think you're on to something there.  
    Posted by harleyroadking11[/QUOTE]

Call it sportswindbag.com

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Vince Wilfork on this weeks copy of SI : P-Mike, Since there seems to be an anaylist for everything done these days maybe I'll become a sports writers anaylist. I'll keep track of what they say and when they say it, predictions with teams and draft picks.... Then, I'll go on the air and tell everyone how these so called professionals fared with said predictions and call them out because that's the problem, nobody keeps track of what these guys are saying.

Yeah, you could also find out how much money some of these windbags make for their so-called anaylisis and announce that also.  It would put into perspective for us normal folk that anyone could do their job and make a ton of money in the process.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

[QUOTE]I'm surprised Vince fits on a magazine cover. In fact, I'm kind of surprised there are still such things as magazines. (Ohhh . . .   and to Sam's point about Peter King . . .   a true professional windbag never lets the erroneous nonsense he spewed yesterday interfere with the even more erroneous nonsense he is spewing today . . .  or indeed, the yet more ridiculous fancy he will have for us tomorrow. Sports pundit -- much like weatherman -- is the perfect job: Being consistently wrong does not affect your professional status in any way)
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

Even if 325 lbs. is being conservative,  that puts Big Vince at about 135 lbs. heavier than me and we're the same height.  That's almost another person.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Vince Wilfork on this weeks copy of SI : P-Mike, Since there seems to be an anaylist for everything done these days maybe I'll become a sports writers anaylist. I'll keep track of what they say and when they say it, predictions with teams and draft picks.... Then, I'll go on the air and tell everyone how these so called professionals fared with said predictions and call them out because that's the problem, nobody keeps track of what these guys are saying.

Great idea, Sam Adams could sponsor it...

Most of these meatball analysts check the temperature on this and other fan sites before they take a stance anyhow, I've seen whole articles in local papers centered around running threads here.  Most of these guys do little to no research and/or are too close to the product to be objective.

Almost never do they say they were wrong.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from KOOLAID-CONTRARIAN. Show KOOLAID-CONTRARIAN's posts

PETER KING HAS BEEN SAYING FOR MONTHS THAT VINCE SHOULD get consideration for DEFENSIVE MVP AND DEFinitely should be at the pro bowl. toough to pull the no one believes in us card now isnt it? like 07, the bandwagoners are ready to roll. pats wont believe the hype!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

Awesome. Vince has been a beast this season. Loved the sack he had this past weekend

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Better this week than next week!!!