Vincent Jackson Deal Very CLose!

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Re: Vincent Jackson Deal Very CLose!

Bro, if you have no links or proof that the deal is VERY CLOSE, don't post that as the headline! We all know a deal is in the works but none of the reports indicate that it's "very close"

But, I'm excited for this to happen.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

Very close? Where's your information to back this up?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

It's posts like this that make you come across as a troll.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronf. Show ronf's posts

What a joke! Where's your information to back this up?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

The Pats are only using this to distract you from whining about the Moss trade. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbeach48. Show dbeach48's posts

NESN :that Tom Curran had info about it.

That was 10 minutes ago

nothing since

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Curran said that SD had no interest in Mankins.  The draft pick cost is prohibitive.  This deal has .05% chance of happening. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOT2REGRET. Show NOT2REGRET's posts

Seriously man , not to pile on , but you look dumb when you say stuff like this and have absolutely no info at all! And Ill pass on V-Jack all day , you really think hes worth possibly a 1 and 2 , at best we're giving up a 2-3. And paying him 50-60 million. If he strikes out a third time , yea we'll get some bonus money back , but will still lose the draft picks. LOL And we all know how much we love picks around here. You cant draft J. Whilite instead of taking Jameel Charles w/out any draft picks. You cant trade for D.B. w/out any picks. I would be shocked if we traded for Jackson , his history , rep , and if there was ever a system guy , hes it. SD wakes up in the morning w/ 20 points on the board.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots1a2. Show patriots1a2's posts

In Response to Re: Vincent Jackson Deal Very CLose!:
    [QUOTE]Seriously man , not to pile on , but you look dumb when you say stuff like this and have absolutely no info at all! And Ill pass on V-Jack all day , you really think hes worth possibly a 1 and 2 , at best we're giving up a 2-3. And paying him 50-60 million. If he strikes out a third time , yea we'll get some bonus money back , but will still lose the draft picks. LOL And we all know how much we love picks around here. You cant draft J. Whilite instead of taking Jameel Charles w/out any draft picks. You cant trade for D.B. w/out any picks. I would be shocked if we traded for Jackson , his history , rep , and if there was ever a system guy , hes it. SD wakes up in the morning w/ 20 points on the board.
    Posted by NOT2REGRET[/QUOTE]

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots1a2. Show patriots1a2's posts

[QUOTE]Seriously man , not to pile on , but you look dumb when you say stuff like this and have absolutely no info at all! And Ill pass on V-Jack all day , you really think hes worth possibly a 1 and 2 , at best we're giving up a 2-3. And paying him 50-60 million. If he strikes out a third time , yea we'll get some bonus money back , but will still lose the draft picks. LOL And we all know how much we love picks around here. You cant draft J. Whilite instead of taking Jameel Charles w/out any draft picks. You cant trade for D.B. w/out any picks. I would be shocked if we traded for Jackson , his history , rep , and if there was ever a system guy , hes it. SD wakes up in the morning w/ 20 points on the board.
    Posted by NOT2REGRET[/QUOTE]

i read it on profootballtalk.com................

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mojopats. Show mojopats's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Vincent Jackson Deal Very CLose! : i read it on profootballtalk.com................
    Posted by patriots1a2[/QUOTE]

THERE IS NO DEAL, SIMPLE PLOY OR GAME TO KEEP SEATTLE HONEST WHEN NEGOTIATING A DEAL TO GET BRANCH... I BELIEVE YOU CANNOT TRADE A PLAYER IF HE IS NOT UNDER SIGNED CONTRACT!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

In Response to Vincent Jackson Deal Very CLose!:
    [QUOTE]Dont like the 2 strikes, but get him a driver, he willl be fine.  He  is a young stud and 6' 5" but dont know about long term or compensation but apparently its definatley in the works.
    Posted by patsfan76[/QUOTE]

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

BOTH Jackson AND Mankins would first have to sign their tenders or negotiate new deals with their existing teams.

You trade Contracts NOT people for the deal, the people follow the contract.

This rumor has been shot down by both parties involded so far.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxpatsfan08. Show Soxpatsfan08's posts

yeah and Tom Curran has been so realiable the past few days too...  he was so right about the moss deal being dead....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Vincent Jackson Deal Very CLose!:
    [QUOTE]Dont like the 2 strikes, but get him a driver, he willl be fine.  He  is a young stud and 6' 5" but dont know about long term or compensation but apparently its definatley in the works.

This thread is BS:
    http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/oct/07/vj-patriots-still-unlikely/

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from barcolounga. Show barcolounga's posts

[QUOTE]yeah and Tom Curran has been so realiable the past few days too...  he was so right about the moss deal being dead....
    Posted by Soxpatsfan08[/QUOTE]
    Exactly. Curran is just throwing crap against the wall because he got scooped. They're not going to sign anybody. Their just going to pocket the extra cash and resign some backup nobody to the practice squad. Get used to it people. This is how the Patriots do business.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from boston1974. Show boston1974's posts

This was on profootball talk, from MIKE FLORIO

So with receiver Randy Moss shipped from New England to Minnesota, the Patriots could use a receiver.

And amid reports that the Pats could be pulling a Randy Moss with Deion Branch, whom they traded away in 2006 and could re-acquire from the Seahawks, Tom Curran of CSNNE.com reports that the Patriots have "looked into the possibility" of trading for Chargers receiver Vincent Jackson.

Per Curran, preliminary discussions have involved the possibility of Jackson, an unsigned restricted free agent, being swapped for holdout guard Logan Mankins, another unsigned restricted free agent.

The asking price, according to Kevin Acee of the San Diego Union-Tribune (via Curran) is a second-round pick and a third-round pick for an NFC team, and a first-round pick and a second-round pick for an AFC team. 

Curiously, any team could have signed Jackson to an offer sheet in March and April, giving up only a first-round pick and a third-round pick as compensation, if the Chargers had opted not to match.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Does anybody really believe the Pats will trade a 1 and 2 for Jackson, and then sign him to a long term deal?  No chance.  And he's not exactly a high character guy either. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

[QUOTE]Does anybody really believe the Pats will trade a 1 and 2 for Jackson, and then sign him to a long term deal?  No chance.  And he's not exactly a high character guy either. 
    Posted by CablesWyndBairn[/QUOTE]

The more likely plan would be to bring in Branch as a stopgap and then look to the draft.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hannahman. Show Hannahman's posts

[QUOTE]Ok, for all those that think I look dumb for posting this, Think again.  You guys are the dumb ones for opening it up if you already knew what was going on.  I get called a troll for saying something that a reporter said at 10:30 at night....You guys sat here all night and posted about it...I went to bed.  I dont claim to have inside info.  I posted exactly what I heard.  Troll has got to be most overused word on here.  I'll be that.  Dont be mad at me cuz you still got ur panties in a bunch about Moss. I dont have to mystify myself with trades, I was one who supported the trade and wether or not we pick up a WR, I'll still watch the games..

The one thing i will agree with you on is the usage of the word " Troll'...... people need to get a grip................its a message board

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

patsfan76-  It is called message board etiqutte....

Tom Curran last night wrote a blog about a trade between the Chargers and Patriots in the works. I cut and paste the website and entire article to a thread.  I didn't just say...Patriots and Chargers are working on for Jackson.

People here like to see/read the sources......

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

When I found it that Tom Curran was wrong, I posted a blog by Ian Rapport of the Boston Herald....Message Board Ettiqute

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

This is NOT happening.  Curran is a FOOL too.  IF this came from ADAM S instead of Curran, I would believe it. 

Branch to Pats is more likely......Cost is TOO much for Vjax