Vincent Jackson for Logan Mankins?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

Re: Vincent Jackson for Logan Mankins?

A VJ for Mankins with the Pats sending a conditional fifth along with it would be a good deal.

Problem I have is signing him honestly. He wants big cash and while he can fill the void for Randy when the Pats dont resign him this upcoming offseason. I think the Pats would give him top WR money but I mean its something you have to wonder if Kraft is okay with that and then if Bill really wants that.

If I had to put my hoodie on for 5 seconds this never happens. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

In Response to Re: Vincent Jackson for Logan Mankins?:
    J-Bolt I was going to respond but I suspect you are attempting to be humerous. No reason to list the accomplishments of each player(yes even as recently as last year) Moss is an Iron man. He is still the most feared wr in the league. Vincent Jackson only instills fear when he jumps behind the wheel of a motor vehicle.
    Posted by TrueChamp

By listing Moss' accomplishments, you mean being known as slacker for not going all out.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In Response to Re: Vincent Jackson for Logan Mankins? : By listing Moss' accomplishments, you mean being known as slacker for not going all out.
    Posted by jbolted

Actually I was refering to Randy breaking the all time receiving single season td record in his first year with Tom Brady. Not that he was bad before that. I don't have it in front of me but I recall a few 16-18 td seasons with the Vikings. Not that you really want to compare resume's. As a matter of fact the only thing V jackson has more of then moss is days spent in the county jail.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

I'm not a Moss fan.  He caught alot of passes last year because Tom B seemed to zoom in and throw to him no matter what the situation.  The results were less than stellar.  I would love a trade for Jackson, but he already sounds like a problem child.  I would like to go back to the days of 3 or 4 semi dangerous receivers, when our offensive plan was less predictable.  See Bullits (sp?) comments on why he knew Kevin Faulk was getting the ball on 4th and 2.  Moss, whatever he IS, has for sure stifled this offense, the only time I have liked what I saw was in the first half of 2007, and teams sure corrected that FAST.  Trade Mankins for someone good, start developing or trade for good solid, large receivers who can do it all.  Give me a larger Troy Brown and I am ecstatic.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rabbrandy. Show rabbrandy's posts

Chargers would never make that trade, Jackson improves every year, he is an elite reciever. Mankins is a good dependable guard, definately above average but not equal to Jacksons value. Just my opinion anyways.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

First off this trade will not happen. Second, the only player that will end up staring down Moss when his career is over is Jerry Rice......and he could stare him down at Moss' Hall of Fame induction ceremony. Jackson benefits from having a great QB (Rivers). If we are talking about great receivers I'd put Gates ahead of Jackson and yeah I know he;s a TE, but he is arguably the best TE in the NFL (when healthy). Fitzie, Johnson, Welker, Marshall are all better than Jackson, right now. Jackson does have youth on his side, however, I doubt he'll crack the top 5 all time in many categories, which is what Moss will do if he sticks around another 3 years. Let;s not forget Moss' 2 years in NFL Hell (Raiders).

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

First off this trade will not happen. Second, the only player that will end up staring down Moss when his career is over is Jerry Rice......and he could stare him down at Moss' Hall of Fame induction ceremony. Jackson benefits from having a great QB (Rivers). If we are talking about great receivers I'd put Gates ahead of Jackson and yeah I know he;s a TE, but he is arguably the best TE in the NFL (when healthy). Fitzie, Johnson, Welker, Marshall are all better than Jackson, right now. Jackson does have youth on his side, however, I doubt he'll crack the top 5 all time in many categories, which is what Moss will do if he sticks around another 3 years. Let;s not forget Moss' 2 years in NFL Hell (Raiders).
    Posted by JohnHannahrulz

Not to mention Roddy white, Reggie Wayne, Miles Austin, Calvin Johnson, Steve Smith. These are receivers who can do more then one thing. Jackson just peaked at 68 catches for 1167. With no LT and really not many options other then Gates I don't see jackson getting more then 70 catches this year as defense's can key in on him. He does not have the speed or elusiveness to break free for a 80 plus catch season.

Also when a QB wr have chemistry on there side as Rivers and VJ do they will put up better #s year after year. Not only do I think VJ doesn't have a place on this Patriots team I think with his off the field issue's and willingness to hold out on the team that developed him, I would go as far to say at 245 pounds his career will be shorter lived then most wideouts. He may be a glorified TE in 2 years time.

Compare VJ to B Marshall. Marshall at 26 years old with his multiple issues has more catches in the last 2 years then Jackson does in his career. Jackson is not an elite wr.

Point is with Jackson's perception of what he should be paid combined with his off the field issue's there is little chance the Patriots would ever make a play for this guy.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

Posted by JohnHannahrulz

How dare you say Marshall & Johnson are better. I understand your homerism with Welker & Fitz is better, but on those other 2; you're out of your freakin' gourd.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

In Response to Re: Vincent Jackson for Logan Mankins? : Not to mention Roddy white, Reggie Wayne, Miles Austin, Calvin Johnson, Steve Smith. These are receivers who can do more then one thing. Jackson just peaked at 68 catches for 1167. With no LT and really not many options other then Gates I don't see jackson getting more then 70 catches this year as defense's can key in on him. He does not have the speed or elusiveness to break free for a 80 plus catch season. Also when a QB wr have chemistry on there side as Rivers and VJ do they will put up better #s year after year. Not only do I think VJ doesn't have a place on this Patriots team I think with his off the field issue's and willingness to hold out on the team that developed him, I would go as far to say at 245 pounds his career will be shorter lived then most wideouts. He may be a glorified TE in 2 years time. Compare VJ to B Marshall. Marshall at 26 years old with his multiple issues has more catches in the last 2 years then Jackson does in his career. Jackson is not an elite wr. Point is with Jackson's perception of what he should be paid combined with his off the field issue's there is little chance the Patriots would ever make a play for this guy.
    Posted by TrueChamp
    Miles Austin, Roddy White, Calvin Johnson?
    Bwaah hhaaah Haaaah. Bwaaah  haaaaah  haaaaahhh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_Kh7nLplWo

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In Response to Re: Vincent Jackson for Logan Mankins? : Miles Austin, Roddy White, Calvin Johnson? Bwaah hhaaah Haaaah. Bwaaah  haaaaah  haaaaahhh
    Posted by jbolted

Put any of these receivers with Rivers as the QB and tell me they don't surpass VJ best season ever( last year) in year 1. Why are you defending this guy? I though you were a fan of the Chargers.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Jackson is a good, not great, receiver. He simply is not better than Moss, Fitzie, Marshall or Andre Johnson. I'll grant you he could have a great year with no LT and MAthews and Sproles at RB. I gave you an out Jbolt, by freely admitting that Gates was one of the best TEs in football. And the numbers from Gates and Jackson are more similar than Moss vs Jackson or Wayne vs Jackson. The point we each make is moot, as previously stated, largely because Jackson (WR)'s value exceeds that of Mankins (an OG that is replacable). If one great season was the only criteria for being great at any sport Stan Humphries would be in the HOF next to Dan Fouts (many great seasons). Same goes for Cromartie. Try having more than one great season.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Comparing Jackson to Moss is like comparing Montana to Mcnabb.  One is pretty good in their era, the other is an alltime great.  Jackson is a legitimate #1 receiver, not the best in the league but still going to be the best on most teams he goes to.  I don't know that the Pats have a #1 receiver if Moss leaves.  Whoever fills Moss' shoes won't be as good but the Pats still need a good vertical threat post Moss.  Jackson could provide that, Price might also develop the skills.  However I don't see the Pats making a move for Jackson right now. 

I think  they compare who's available next year and how much to resign Moss and get a #1 receiver then.