Vindication?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsChowder. Show PatsChowder's posts

Vindication?

In my opinion, SI's naming the Patriots as the team of the decade (or at least the runaway front runner) vindicates them of the whole Spygate scandal. I'm not trying to reopen old wounds, but rather still trying to close them. I find that a lot of the haters continue to just label the Patriots cheaters and turn their back on anything that can be said in a positive light. Yes, time heals all wounds, but for the moment, am I the only one thinking that by this declaration by SI vindicates them in any way?

It seems like if the mainstream media can let it go than it's a huge step in the right direction.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Re: Vindication?

Even though Banks may have heaped some praise on them, he did temper it with a snide remark about the "s" word. Claiming Indy or Pittsburgh could still wrest this title away by winning the SB next Feb. I wouldn't worry about "vindication" in the media, they would out their own mothers if she were involved in a scandal that was "newsworthy". Anybody with any common sense understands that the filming done by NE was not the reason for their success. If it were they wouldn't have been 29-6 since the filming was stopped. As far as the trolls and haters go, they will never let it go, but that's to be expected from morons who do things like this in their spare time:

(A Colts fan bobbing for apples!!!)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 19andNo. Show 19andNo's posts

[QUOTE]Even though Banks may have heaped some praise on them, he did temper it with a snide remark about the "s" word. Claiming Indy or Pittsburgh could still wrest this title away by winning the SB next Feb. I wouldn't worry about "vindication" in the media, they would out their own mothers if she were involved in a scandal that was "newsworthy". Anybody with any common sense understands that the filming done by NE was not the reason for their success. If it were they wouldn't have been 29-6 since the filming was stopped. As far as the trolls and haters go, they will never let it go, but that's to be expected from morons who do things like this in their spare time: (A Colts fan bobbing for apples!!!)
    Posted by bubthegrub2[/QUOTE]

Is Ernie Adams still in the press box?  If he is then some sort of cheating is still going on.  Having a guy with a photographic memory in the press box seems a little shady to me.  IN BILL WE CHEAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

[QUOTE]Is Ernie Adams still in the press box?  If he is then some sort of cheating is still going on.  Having a guy with a photographic memory in the press box seems a little shady to me.  IN BILL WE CHEAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by 19andNo[/QUOTE]

Doesn't matter, not against the rules.....therefore it is not cheating.  nice try LOSER!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsGhost. Show RedsGhost's posts

[QUOTE]Is Ernie Adams still in the press box?  If he is then some sort of cheating is still going on.  Having a guy with a photographic memory in the press box seems a little shady to me.  IN BILL WE CHEAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wondering if this dufus realizes something. ALL teams are 19-0, so which one is she talking about? The NY Jest or Gnats, the Pitt Stealers? Which team is he talking about? Also, why would YOU want to be IN BILL and cheating?
    Now, IF he's talking about the Patriots having the ONLY perfect regular season AND the only team to win 18 in ONE season then he's being complimentary and we appreciate it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Last time I checked having a guy with a photographic memory in the press box was by no means against the rules so how exactly is it cheating? Could please show me the rule were it says "every other team in the NFL can hire any staff member they want for any reason they want except the Patriots" or maybe the rule was writen like this "The Patriots are so good so we now have to restrict who they hire" something like that? You are a moron with no understanding of football what so ever but nice try d*ckhead.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kmaxx. Show Kmaxx's posts

If I had a photographic memory I'd be Vages playing Black Jack not hanging out at football games.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Also, having a guy with photographic memory sit next to you in physics class so that you can graduate from high school is generally a good idea.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Funny seeing you stick up for the Steelers before. So you stand by all there tainted Super Bowl titles in the 70's when they were doped up on steroids.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

We know that blasting 'roids gives athletes an unfair competitive advantage over opponents who do not enhance. But it may be worth pointing out here that the NFL had no policy regarding steroids during the Steelers' dynasty. So, if all those guys can simply prove that they went to . . .   oh, say . . .   Mexico, to shoot up and then came back to the United States to play football, then the black and gold is in the clear.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

We were chased by Arlen Specter. 
    That automatically guarantees we did nothing wrong.
    Go Pats!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ricky1554atl. Show ricky1554atl's posts

Stop your crying. Grow up.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from passedball. Show passedball's posts

[QUOTE]In my opinion, SI's naming the Patriots as the team of the decade (or at least the runaway front runner) vindicates them of the whole Spygate scandal. I'm not trying to reopen old wounds, but rather still trying to close them. I find that a lot of the haters continue to just label the Patriots cheaters and turn their back on anything that can be said in a positive light. Yes, time heals all wounds, but for the moment, am I the only one thinking that by this declaration by SI vindicates them in any way? It seems like if the mainstream media can let it go than it's a huge step in the right direction.
    Posted by PatsChowder[/QUOTE]

NY media creates scandal, then they back track on it? Nice. Is this their way of admitting they were wrong? Now Goodell needs to be a man & admit he was wrong also.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

So what you guys are saying is that we have 2 cheating franchises that won multiple championships which leaves us to discuss those that didn't.  I'm up for that.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from flasox. Show flasox's posts

[QUOTE]So what you guys are saying is that we have 2 cheating franchises that won multiple championships which leaves us to discuss those that didn't.  I'm up for that.
    Posted by underdogg[/QUOTE]Don't be so modest  about cheating. With Polian working on the inside, the Colts had a much bigger edge. If you have Polian fixing the ref's who needs to cheat. I am expecting your usual response about how he was only telling the ref's to enforce the rules. If he told the ref's to enforce the rules on offense holding at the same time, then you would have some credibility.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]Don't be so modest  about cheating. With Polian working on the inside, the Colts had a much bigger edge. If you have Polian fixing the ref's who needs to cheat. I am expecting your usual response about how he was only telling the ref's to enforce the rules. If he told the ref's to enforce the rules on offense holding at the same time, then you would have some credibility.
    Posted by flasox[/QUOTE]

And, let's be completely honest, that was an NFL gimme to Manning and Dungy. The proof there is they had the MVP vote completed before the game with Manning as the winner. There is no way he would have been MVP by anyone who watched the game.