Vinny Cerrato Out As Redskins VP

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Vinny Cerrato Out As Redskins VP

I actually didn't think Snyder would do this. I am glad he did because this guy is a doofus who really only implements what Snyder wants. 

What needs to be shown by the Redskins and Snyder is that he will let Bruce Allen do his job as GM without interfering. If he can do that, they might have a chance of building what is a pretty decent nucleus into a playoff team.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

Re: Vinny Cerrato Out As Redskins VP

In Response to Vinny Cerrato Out As Redskins VP:
    [QUOTE]I actually didn't think Snyder would do thi s. I am glad he did because this guy is a doofus who really only implements what Snyder wants.  What needs to be shown by the Redskins and Snyder is that he will let Bruce Allen do his job as GM without interfering. If he can do that, they might have a chance of building what is a pretty decent nucleus into a playoff team.
    Posted by EnochRoot[/QUOTE]

They need a new QB, but I think you're right.

This article makes a good point:
    http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/DMN-Can-Holmgren-rebuild-Browns.html
    "The hardest element of being in the front office, with or without all the power, is understanding that the game must run through the head coach’s chair. No matter how much power Holmgren might gain from his meeting with Browns owner Randy Lerner, the head coach must have substantial authority over the roster or the players won’t respond. Players must think they work for the head coach, and as we’ve seen in Dallas, Washington and Oakland, when they think they work for solely for the owner, there’s a disconnect."

I don't know if Bruce Allen is the man to do it, but they've taken a step in the right direction.  The major problem will be for Snyder to learn how to step of his own way.  I'm still not convinced he's capable.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Re: Vinny Cerrato Out As Redskins VP

In Response to Re: Vinny Cerrato Out As Redskins VP:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Vinny Cerrato Out As Redskins VP : They need a new QB, but I think you're right. This article makes a good point: http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/DMN-Can-Holmgren-rebuild-Browns.html " The hardest element of being in the front office, with or without all the power, is understanding that the game must run through the head coach’s chair. No matter how much power  Holmgren might gain from his meeting with Browns owner Randy Lerner , the head coach must have substantial authority over the roster or the players won’t respond. Players must think they work for the head coach, and as we’ve seen in Dallas, Washington and Oakland, when they think they work for solely for the owner, there’s a disconnect. " I don't know if Bruce Allen is the man to do it, but they've taken a step in the right direction.  The major problem will be for Snyder to learn how to step of his own way.  I'm still not convinced he's capable.
    Posted by NickC1188[/QUOTE]

JC has a lot of supporters in the area. THey tend to make a lot of excuses for him, too. I was not one until the past few weeks. He has actually been playing some pretty good ball. Zorn had very much reigned him in. Gibbs also was very controlling and wouldn't let him audible. With Sherman Lewis calling the plays though, Campbell has responded pretty well especially in the Red Zone. 

I am not saying he is Brady, Manning, Rivers, etc... But he is seemingly better than a dozen or so QBs playing today. 

The only thing I see with his recent success is that aside from the play calling changes, it might also be symptomatic of having no pressure of expectations on him. The season was pretty much a bust before he turned things around. Part of that might come from being looser because they have nothing to play for. 

I would expect that Zorn is gone. With Allen coming in, there is a lot of expectation that Gruden will follow. I am not sure how his television contract affects that, but it makes the possibility stronger.