Vollmer

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

Vollmer

The other three picks make sense.  But who is Vollmer?  With only Light, Koppen and a no-name backup on the O-Line signed past 09, Vollmer will be critical to the health of the franchise.  Post any information about him ...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Re: Vollmer

I don't know a whole lot either, but apparently he is raw but with huge potential.  He's 6'7,well over 300 with room to grow, and is very quick and agile.  His technique needs work, but a year under Scarnecchia should prepare him to play for the Pats.  I predict he takes over RT in 2010, and eventually may move to the left and replace Light.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Just one of those upside guys.  He came out of European football.  It's really a unique story.  He's German and somehow got into an American University.  Just crazy.  But at 6'7" and 312lbs. he has nothing but upside.  He doesn't look 312 either.  He can add on!

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Neil wasn't considered to be an OL, either, and that worked out. The kid is huge, and evidently is coachable. Dante can develop him and who knows. He was predicted as a second day pick. Usually when BB "reaches" he's seen something others haven't. You can never have too many offensive linemen, and maybe this kid will surprise people.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnSVRA9HaXw These are just 1 on 1 drills at the senior bowl practice, but the guy looks like he has a lot of potential. Raw, but has good size, quickness, footwork, long arms...etc.
    Posted by ricky12684[/QUOTE]

That is the East-West Shrine game. He wasn't a I-A kid.

I understand the selection. Tons of upside. With a little coaching this kid is starting over Kazcur by midseason. With some good coaching he can eventually push Light to the RT spot.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from southie77. Show southie77's posts

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2009/04/lineman-visits-with-jerry-jones.html

While he is not known to "fans" who carped about the pick, thinking they know more about football and talents than the coaches and professional football scouts, apparently Vollmer had been shooting up drafts boards of a number of teams after he was noticed in the East-West Shrine game. While he is not known because of his background and his playing in a small school, the Cowboys have some interest in him and Jerry Jones had invited him up to his ranch. He has been invited to visit with at least 10 teams. While some may think he can be had in later rounds, they simply are in no position to say that because they do not know every team's draft board. Vollmer's pick remind me of picks like Mankins, Neal and Kazcur that left fans scratching their heads.  He has the physical tools and smarts and I trust Dante and BB know talents and think Vollmer can be developed into a player.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

[QUOTE]Just one of those upside guys.  He came out of European football.  It's really a unique story.  He's German and somehow got into an American University.  Just crazy.  But at 6'7" and 312lbs. he has nothing but upside.  He doesn't look 312 either.  He can add on!
    Posted by garytx[/QUOTE]

Yeah, crazy, hugh...might have been a wrestler (e.g. Kaz) or something.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

The video seems to show great footwork for such a big guy, particularly compared to many offensive lineman who frankly seem to overweight to move their feet and recover once a rusher has some day light to the QB

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mountainmonkey. Show mountainmonkey's posts

[QUOTE]The video seems to show great footwork for such a big guy, particularly compared to many offensive lineman who frankly seem to overweight to move their feet and recover once a rusher has some day light to the QB
    Posted by futbal[/QUOTE]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mountainmonkey. Show mountainmonkey's posts

[QUOTE]The video seems to show great footwork for such a big guy, particularly compared to many offensive lineman who frankly seem to overweight to move their feet and recover once a rusher has some day light to the QB
    Posted by futbal.............I agree...the video shows this kid with very nimble feet...given Dante's track record with lineman, I wouldn't bet against the SeaBass...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

A couple things the Pats probably like about him.  1) He started college as a Tight End so he probably has a decent amount of athleticism.  2) They like smart O lineman that can think quickly and make adjustments.  He is obviously a smart guy if he not only learned to speak fluent english but got his degree since he came here from Germany.