Wallace agrees with Miami

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mpb2008. Show mpb2008's posts

Wallace agrees with Miami

Done per NFL.Com

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: Wallace agrees with Miami

not a shocker. I think we all say that coming but my god $13mil a year. So much for contract prices going down in a flat cap year

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

not a shocker. I think we all say that coming but my god $13mil a year. So much for contract prices going down in a flat cap year

Yep. I think everyone knew he would be overpaid...and he is. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

Also, Andy Levitre to Tennessee... 5 years/$39mil.  For a guard.  A good, not great, guard.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Thats because Minny was after him hard so they had to pony up. Minny only traded Harvin because they wanted a deep outside threat to let A.P. have more room and now they have a disgruntled A.P that is upset about losing Harvin and possible no real replacement but with Miami out, I assume Jennings will go to Minny and try to stick it to G.B. ...Just my thoughts.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Miami is putting up practically 20 million a year on their top 2 receivers (Wallace and Hartline).  Crazy!

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Word is they are going after Charles Woodsen now.  Man, they are going nuts here!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Word is they are going after Charles Woodsen now.  Man, they are going nuts here!!

i hear we're still in on Greg Jennings too!

and Jared Cook, Tennessees TE last year.

they have money to spend... might as well do it, they were only a few pieces away from being a contender last season (top WR and CB). If they can land a good CB then they will be the favorites in the AFC east.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

they have money to spend... might as well do it, they were only a few pieces away from being a contender last season (top WR and CB). If they can land a good CB then they will be the favorites in the AFC east.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.  Seriously?  Short of Brady dying in a plane crash there is pretty much nothing that will make the Fins favorites in the AFC east.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Woodson is gonna be 37 this year so who cares if they get him. I wanted him to sign 3 years ago but he is only able to play 30-40 % of snaps and would still be ok in the slot and as a blitzer but he is gonna break down so why tease yourself??  As far as J.Cook goes, I hear a few teams are hot for him and I just dont see why you get into a bidding war for a TE after signing 2 to multi year deals just last year as well as tendering Hoo -man, and what about VShanks and Fells last year?? I mean are we gonna play a 4 TE set with no Wideouts??

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Armando Salguero @ArmandoSalguero

Interesting: The Dolphins are still denying that Wallace is done, but Wallace camp is saying deal is agreed: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/ 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

Woodson is gonna be 37 this year so who cares if they get him. I wanted him to sign 3 years ago but he is only able to play 30-40 % of snaps and would still be ok in the slot and as a blitzer but he is gonna break down so why tease yourself??  As far as J.Cook goes, I hear a few teams are hot for him and I just dont see why you get into a bidding war for a TE after signing 2 to multi year deals just last year as well as tendering Hoo -man, and what about VShanks and Fells last year?? I mean are we gonna play a 4 TE set with no Wideouts??

The guy you are responding to is a Fins fan.  FYI.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

Mef is a Dolphins fan.  "We" in his post refers to the fish.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to MattC05's comment:

Mef is a Dolphins fan.  "We" in his post refers to the fish.

sorry for the confusion

this should clear things up. avatar change!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Oh my Bad!  I dont have my updated "rival fan posters" list....but now it makes sense...Sorry Phins Fan, I know you are excited but We are not scared if thats why you are here... Go Spend!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Oh my Bad!  I dont have my updated "rival fan posters" list....but now it makes sense...Sorry Phins Fan, I know you are excited but We are not scared if thats why you are here... Go Spend!!!

don't worry. i'm not here to troll or anything :p

i am excited though! we have lots of money and draft picks to work with this offseason and are just a few pieces shy of being a contender. the Pats are the only team in the AFC east that are better than the phins and i think if we make the right moves we can be just as good or better than the pats. Wallace is a game changer. if we can just sure up our secondary our D will be top notch. Tanne has <30 games at QB in his career and he is just going to keep getting better. lots of things to look forward to.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Armando Salguero @ArmandoSalguero

It's not SIGNED yet! RT @Hunna_Fauci: Whats the Cap hit on Wallace's First yr. of Contract?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

i am excited though! we have lots of money and draft picks to work with this offseason and are just a few pieces shy of being a contender. the Pats are the only team in the AFC east that are better than the phins and i think if we make the right moves we can be just as good or better than the pats. Wallace is a game changer. if we can just sure up our secondary our D will be top notch. Tanne has <30 games at QB in his career and he is just going to keep getting better. lots of things to look forward to.

I thought we were tied for the least number of draft picks for this draft.  In regards to the cap money, the Patriots are known not to overspend (aka miserly); which means that most of the younger, more talented free agents will not be around for the Patriots to choose from.

So, here the Patriots are trying to re-build another team for 2013....and I wonder if the results will be the same as between 2005-2012.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Nothing wrong with being excited for your team. I hope your team is much imroved and if you arent # 2 in the division than thats a waste of money but I do like your young QB although hasnt shown much outside of managing the game yet and we will see how the chemistry is between he and Wallace but he only has 3 routes he can run. I do hope you guys are much improved because the last few year of crusing to division titles hasnt helped up come playoff time where we usually come in untested so heres hoping we have more comp. from Miami. Last season people got excited about a shutout.  I would consider it more noteworthy if it happens this year.

P.S. - you can sign all the WRs you want, but Tannehil vs Brady is gonna be the main problem with your argument of being better but its nice to be enthusiastic about your chances, I mean we are all 0-0 right now.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Nothing wrong with being excited for your team. I hope your team is much imroved and if you arent # 2 in the division than thats a waste of money but I do like your young QB although hasnt shown much outside of managing the game yet and we will see how the chemistry is between he and Wallace but he only has 3 routes he can run. I do hope you guys are much improved because the last few year of crusing to division titles hasnt helped up come playoff time where we usually come in untested so heres hoping we have more comp. from Miami. Last season people got excited about a shutout.  I would consider it more noteworthy if it happens this year.

P.S. - you can sign all the WRs you want, but Tannehil vs Brady is gonna be the main problem with your argument of being better but its nice to be enthusiastic about your chances, I mean we are all 0-0 right now.

i consider it more of Brady VS our defense and Tanne VS the Pats D than a direct competition between the two but i get your point. At the moment Brady still has the edge considering the Phins non-existent secondary. The Phins have a good D line and LB corps (just signed Dannell Ellerbe as i type this) but it's our secondary that really kills us. especially when facing an elite QB like Brady..

If we can sure up that secondary it at least gives Tanne a chance to do some damage against the Pats D and keep us in a position to win. The main reason i like Wallace so much is that he will stretch the field and allow Devon Bess, Hartline and out TEs more space to work with to do damage at mid/close range. So that one signing not only gives us a deep threat but also makes every other part of our recieving corps better too.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Update on the Wallace contract...

Updating a previous item, Mike Wallace's Dolphins contract is for $60 million over five years.

ESPN reported Tuesday that Wallace received $65 million, but that number may have been a bit agent inflated. While it's likely Wallace can earn an additional $5 million in incentives, the contract has a $12 million annual base value. It still makes Wallace the league's third highest paid receiver behind Calvin Johnson and Larry Fitzgerald. Wallace received $30 million guaranteed.   Source: Jeff Darlington on Twitter Mar 13 - 2:45 AM