Want a good laugh?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: Want a good laugh?

In Response to Re: Want a good laugh?:
    [QUOTE]Greg Bedard made mention of this in his most recent entry.  BB's cuts and whatnot were immediately swooped up. No other team was like that. Speaks volumes to the quality and depth of the roster. But, Babe, StartRightNow and TexasPat will tell everyone else otherwise. lmao
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

Wonderboy, nobody with a brain cares what guys BB cut that were picked up. Give me a list of those that he cut who have done jack and I'll address your information.

BB knows who to cut and if they had anything to bring for our team he would not have cut them.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Want a good laugh? : That's an interesting take, Babe.  I'm not sure I can disagree with much in there.  The proofs in the pudding, as they say.  All those picks for the last few years.  What has it gotten us?  I think that the big problem has been the lack of courage to take a few of those picks and get a real game changer.  How many years in a row can you have 10 picks and then go sign a bunch of free agents?  It looks like it has caught up with us in one way... we dumped a recent pro bowl player and lost a decent draft pick from this year.  Hopefully, all of those free agents put us over the top this year.
    Posted by rayclay[/QUOTE]

The whole idea of the draft these days is to get impact players. There is no "developing" players over a few years these days. By the time you develop them their contract is about up and if they have developed into a good player, now you have to pay near top money to keep them.

Trading down is all well and good but you had better make good picks in the rounds you have traded down to. BB has just not done that. And the results show this.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Vacilando. Show Vacilando's posts

Mrs. Parilli likes to see her own writing online and think she's important.  In the end it's more of the same demeaning unsubstantial junk...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Want a good laugh? : Seriously dude, who gives a flying F what the D was ranked as long as we're winning games rite? people get so caught up in stats, and who is ranked what ,that they forget that at the end of the game if u dont have more points than the next team who gives a F how great ur D was, and who said rebuilding was only limited to young players? Bill can build his team how he sees fit, with whomever he wants to cut or add, like he says "he does whats best for his team" not to appease some of u fair weather fans/haters.
    Posted by 81patsfan[/QUOTE]

I've been a fair weather fan since 1966. How long have you been a fair weather fan?

I don't give a flying F what the D was rated. I give a flying F that we haven't won a SB for 6 years and have a no show and two one and outs in the last 3 years.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Want a good laugh? : I've been a big fan since the mid 70's. I painfully remember the 1990 1-15 year with Rod Rust coaching and 1992 2-14 year with Dick MacPherson coaching. Most times the games weren't on TV because they weren't sold out, most times that was a blessing. Then Parcells became the coach and Kraft became the owner. But it wasn't until BB became the coach until we had good Super Bowl memories. I hope he once again has the last laugh!
    Posted by dyslexic[/QUOTE]

Correction: It wasn't until Brady became the QB that we had good Super Bowl memories.

When BB became coach we went 5-11. And both seasons he didn't have Brady he didn't even make the playoffs.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ReeGzUSMC. Show ReeGzUSMC's posts

Regardless of the post, The Patriots were rebuilding on the fly...no question about it....With many of the superbowl winning defensive starters retiring/getting let go, there was no denying the Pats were trying to rebuild the defense...MANY of the young talent Bill drafted worked out well for the D (Spikes,Mayo,Chung,Mccourty)....but also some did NOT work out so well as you mention...But that is obviously part of the coaching process and even good ol Bill cant get it 100% right every time...But the Pats did do a great job of staying relevant in competing even during the rebuild..I mean seriously look at the veterans who left (Seymour,Vrabel,Harrison,Bruschi,) They were all BIG parts of the Defense...What should they have done? kept the busts that didn't live up to the standards set just to make Bill look like he knows everything?? GET A GRIP!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]Seems clear that Mrs. Parilli is a troll unable to contribute to a meaningful conversation, much less starting one.  Since of course this header to this dribble was "Want a good laugh?" The best thing we can all do is ignore this person that clearly has enough time and wasted air to respond back only with provocation...  Again nothing short of spouting the same old "kool-aid" and zombie tags. Grow up Mrs. Parilli, contribute to the conversation or like many before you just fade off...   If you left now no one will remember you simply because you haven't written anything of substance.
    Posted by Vacilando[/QUOTE]

Well Ms.Vacilando, this is quite a provocative response.

Please point out to me any iota of substance in your comment here. Otherwise I will be forced to conclude you are just another lunkhead with nothing to say other than to belch "in BB we trust" and are devoid of any shred of fact to back up your night of the living dead style stroll through Pat's Nation.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]Regardless of the post, The Patriots were rebuilding on the fly...no question about it....With many of the superbowl winning defensive starters retiring/getting let go, there was no denying the Pats were trying to rebuild the defense...MANY of the young talent Bill drafted worked out well for the D (Spikes,Mayo,Chung,Mccourty)....but also some did NOT work out so well as you mention...But that is obviously part of the coaching process and even good ol Bill cant get it 100% right every time...But the Pats did do a great job of staying relevant in competing even during the rebuild..I mean seriously look at the veterans who left (Seymour,Vrabel,Harrison,Bruschi,) They were all BIG parts of the Defense...What should they have done? kept the busts that didn't live up to the standards set just to make Bill look like he knows everything?? GET A GRIP!
    Posted by ReeGzUSMC[/QUOTE]

I agree. I have said since his rebuilding job didn't work out he was right to try to go out and sign some guys to fix it. I hope his attempt succeeds.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

I rarely post as I often choose to read all of your insightfull threads/posts.

With that being said anyone calling BB a failed coach is clearly looking for attention.

Babe Parilli = fail

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]I rarely post as I often choose to read all of your insightfull threads/posts. With that being said anyone calling BB a failed coach is clearly looking for attention. Babe Parilli = fail
    Posted by HOTBLITZ[/QUOTE]

I could care less about attention, especially the negative kind. I care about this team winning championships and the facts. I said he was a failed coach without Brady. Provide facts to refute that claim. I have already provided facts to prove what I assert.

HOTBLITZ = Fail

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Want a good laugh? : I could care less about attention, especially the negative kind. I care about this team winning championships and the facts. I said he was a failed coach without Brady. Provide facts to refute that claim. I have already provided facts to prove what I assert. HOTBLITZ = Fail
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

Sorry Babe. Some of what you say has substance, but a "failed coach without Brady"?  That's not fact, as you suggest, that's opinion.

Was Lombardi a failed coach without Starr?  I guess so under your standards.  Why didn't he win immediately when he went to the Redskins.

You can go throughout sports history with numerous examples like this.  I suppose Magic Johnson was a failure too.  What did he ever win without Jabbar.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Want a good laugh? : I cannot disagree with what you are saying. And at least you did grasp what my point clearly was.  And the point was that many kool-aide drinking fans were touting the rebuilding plan of the genius and he himself discredited that notion by importing a significant number of guys out of the blue in one fell swoop. And the reason they were touting it is because of the kool-aide drinking. What I was not doing was criticizing BB the GM. Rather, I applaud him making  a grasp to fix the D and by doing so admitting  the rebuilding effort of the last few years was not going very well.

actually though your point is wrong...  he is doing what he ALWAYS DOES...
    he brings in fa's that arent looking to break the bank...just to play for a winner...he hasnt gone away from rebuilding at all...in fact he has inhanced it....
    with the draft this year and the additional of fa's in needed area's on D

just dont be on here later in the year saying i told you so...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Want a good laugh? : I could care less about attention, especially the negative kind. I care about this team winning championships and the facts. I said he was a failed coach without Brady. Provide facts to refute that claim. I have already provided facts to prove what I assert. HOTBLITZ = Fail

HE WON TWO CHAMPIONS SHIPS WITH GIANTS... hello...get a grip patsfan76

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ReeGzUSMC. Show ReeGzUSMC's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Want a good laugh? : I agree. I have said since his rebuilding job didn't work out he was right to try to go out and sign some guys to fix it. I hope his attempt succeeds.

AGREED!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Last week Brady said himself that; "Without BB/Kraft, that he would be a third string QB somewhere or even out of the league."
    Let's see, horses mouth or horses azz.  You choose!
    You are all about attention.  You bring up BB if something remotely indicts him.
    If you can't find something, you make it up.
    What is the purpose of all your ranting?
    Do you really think you are going to change someone's opinion?
    Now, that's laughable!  Fail....Fail....Fail.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

Fan stuff.  What is it that is important?  Winning or attempting to show you're right and smarter than the future HOF coach of your team?. 

The PATS win year in and year out with BB as coach and yet some say he can't draft and others say he cheats and others have other issues but everyday we are still here, posting our fan stuff while the team does what it has done since 2001, which is win. 

Once upon a time simply winning was more than acceptable, good football was something new.  Now its not, its the norm and we want better than the norm, because we've become spoiled by..... yep, winning. 

This thread was started by  fan who's moniker is Babe Parilli, suggesting he's been a fan forever, going back to the sixities.  Well Babe would you rather go back to the days of futility and 1 & 15 or would you rather win?  My guess is you would rather pretend you are an expert.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from slicksteve38. Show slicksteve38's posts

Hmm lets look at teh defense for a moment and see who was drafted by BB and who starts...and who is a pro-bowler for that matter.

Wilfork-deny he is a stud and you lose what little credibility you may have had
    Mayo- See above
    Mcourty- See above
    Spikes- Jury is still out, but he is a run stuffing MLB..not sure about pass coverage yet
    Chung- Again the jury is still out but he looks good to me
    Mike Wright- Not a stud, but certainly a valuable DL and was missed last year when hurt
    Guyton- great in pass coverage...too small against the run
    Ninkovich-See above for run package

So now lets look at the vaunted jets D and see who was drafted by the Jets
    Calvin Pace- Drafted by Arizona
    Cromartie-Drafted by San Diego
    Bart Scott- Drafted by the Ravens
    Jim LeonHard-Drafted by the Bills
    Hmmm 7 starters drafted by the patriots.......7 by the jets....Rex Ryan is brilliant though.
    The draft is hit or miss and everyone knows it....besides, most of the players released were drafted by Pioli as well.....funny how no one mentions that anymore.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from slicksteve38. Show slicksteve38's posts

Proof that he can do it without Brady?
    he designed this defense in New York a while back....you  know, the one that won two superbowls??  The one that had arguably the best sack producer in the history of football?? Because that Giants D was so great before he got there.
    in 1981 BB was the linebacker coach.....who did they draft that year?  Lawrence Taylor? yeah he wasnt very good....you dont think BB put his stamp on that dominating D?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

It's hard to pinpoint success on any one person. We all know, most great coaches have had great QB's, and QB's great coaches. There are also 52 other people on the roster that contribute. To say Brady made BB, or BB Brady?..it's probably a bit of both.
    To call BB a "failed coach from Cleveland" is not fair. You are what your record is for sure, but there was a lot of issues with that franchise at the time, and I believe BB didn't have the personnel to pull it off. You can have the greatest game plan and scheme in teh world, but if you don't have the players to execute it, then it's probably going to fail.
    Fast forward to NE....BB came in with his philosophy, scheme, etc. and it finally married up with a HOF QB, good D and supporting cast. It worked and produced results.
    Imagine of Pete Carroll was the coach in 2000/01...do you think we would have brought in those FA's that seemed to fit well? Do you think we get to the SB, or win it all?...I highly doubt it.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from hardright. Show hardright's posts

Babe, you really lose all credibility when you throw out the words "failed coach" to describe Belichick.

Certain criticisms of his moves as GM are warranted, but to call him a "failed coach" who's just been "riding Brady" all this time is beyond idiotic.

Sorry, it just is.

Remember, he was not failing in Cleveland: from the start of his 4th year there through the first four weeks of the 1995 season, the Browns were 14-6 in the regular season; then Modell announced the move to Baltimore and suddenly the players had a lot more on their minds than just football for the rest of the year.

Here, he's had 1 losing season. One.

He even went 11-5 the year Brady missed the entire season. Yes, I know, I know, I know the mantra: the schedule was easy in 2008. And you know what? It was an easy schedule, but that still doesn't explain how a coach can keep his team focused and playing hard for 16 games when the players know full well that their only hope of winning a Super Bowl hobbled off the field for the season just 7 minutes into the first game. Ask any NFL coach (not pundits, not fans, but coaches) if going 11-5 with the backup QB--easy schedule or not--is a simple task to perform.

Sorry man. I've been amused with your incessant carping at BB for awhile now, but the "failed coach" line indicates to me that you're simply not rational when it comes to BB.

Are you really Ron Borges?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

This thread is so dumb. Jimmy Johnson went 1-15 Aikman's rookie year and a year before Emmitt Smith. Chuck Noll went 1-13 the year before Bradshaw. Before Montana became Montana Bill Walsh was 8-24. George Seifert did pretty well in Carolina right? Look at the dip in Bud Grant's record after Tarkenton retired. Go look at any of the top coaches, all have seasons like BB had in Cleveland. Shula even had those kinds of seasons with Marino. Stop hating Babe, be grateful for a coach like Bill, just ask Vikings fans about those gems they had in Tice and Childress.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Want a good laugh? : HE WON TWO CHAMPIONS SHIPS WITH GIANTS... hello...get a grip patsfan76
    Posted by jcour382[/QUOTE]
    Who was the head coach?